“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Roanoke, Indiana
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had heard from someone here locally that this place wasn't the best but I was pleasantly surprised. I tried their Octoberfest and Golden beers and I really enjoyed them. I also had their Frisco Bacon burger on texas toast and that was delicious, as well as the Scooby snacks. The atmosphere of this place is great as well and I will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Comfortable Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The beer choices are numerous and the food is expertly prepared. Served by friendly staff hot fresh and delicious. I have never eaten there and been disappointed.

Visited September 2013
Fox Lake, Illinois
“Stopped here based on a recommendation and it was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Got this recommendation from a local hotel we were staying at and I'm so glad we decided to try it. The building looks a little different than your typical restaurant but that seems to be Mad Anthony's thing. They repurpose old buildings, it's quirky, very cool and it works.

Reading other reviews, they seem to be all over the place from excellent to terrible. For us, it was excellent...the service was quick, our waitress was awesome, the food is very good and the beer is incredible. One of my new favorite and must have beers is the Ol' Woody Pale Ale. Thankfully we have relatives that live close by and I can get it on a regular basis.

For food, we had the spinach artichoke dip appetizer, 3 different unwrap pizzas, one burger and one Philly steak sandwich. Everyone was very happy with what they had and we all agreed that Mad Anthony's would become a regular stop for us whenever we're in town visiting family.

Love this place and that puts us on the excellent side of the reviews. I recommend it highly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Unwraps!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I love the bbq chicken unwraps sandwich...you may want to ask for a side of bbq sauce on the side also. Another guest I was with had the asparagus salad and said ti was excellent!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Early Business Lunch With Limited Time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My colleague had the tenderloin sandwich and I had their featured club sandwich. We both had the pasta salad as our side. Timely service and both of us agreed our food was good although the pasta dish was sweet due to the honey they added. While the establishment met our expectations, they did not exceed them. Perhaps it is better with their brewed beer. I am most likely not to return to give it a try.

• Visited August 2013