“Amazing Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Findlay, Ohio, United States
“Amazing Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for 2 weeks while on a business trip. The staff was outstanding!
1. I had a normal hotel room with a king size bed. Very nice room, bed was amazing, everything was clean and great.
2. Had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel, the steak was great! But even better was the staff. The waitress was amazing, with a great personality. I was able to sit outside on the patio and relax.
3. Breakfast- a little expensive. There isn't complementary breakfast, and the buffet is $10, but still good
4. The front desk staff welcome you and make you feel like your home. The managers are around and available, easy to talk to.
4. After getting to know the staff, I asked for a refrigerator in my room so I could keep my leftovers during my stay. They did even better, They moved me into the Executive Suite! It was beautiful! And they didn't charge me for the difference. The room had a fireplace, a whirlpool, small kitchenette, dining room, living room, etc! Amazing!

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! Nice pool and hot tub and workout room as well! Great place to say for a business trip!

Room Tip: Have dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and ask for Diana as your server!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rachel B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Wayne-IPFW & Coliseum, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Hi Andrea!
I'm so happy we were able to "WOW" you! Thank you for your fantastic review!

Rachel Bailey
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

It is a fairly new hotel. The rooms were very standard, but up to date. Walk in showers, flat panel t.v., etc. a very clean place to stay. Location is wonderful. Easy access and close to attractions, restaraunts, and shopping. They also have a free shuttle service which makes it even more simple to get to these places. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
Fox River Grove, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have stayed here many times visiting my son who went to IPFW. I think this is a very nice hotel and it is very close to the college. They also offer discounts to the parents of the students.
I would recomend this hotel. My only complaint would be the restaurant. Like I said I have stayed here many times since it opened and have had breakfeast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant over the years and it has never improved. The service is friendly but slow. The food quality and what they offer is ok at best. I just think if they put a little more effort into the restaurant they would have one of the nicest hotels in Ft. Wayne.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Wayne-IPFW & Coliseum, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Ironman_7,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review. It is delightful to hear that you would recommend our property as a hotel destination in Fort Wayne. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the service in our restaurant. I really appreciate your comments as this gives us the opportunity to improve what we can offer.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I booked the Bridal Suite for my daughter and son-in-law, which was amazing, but the customer service I received with every detail...and, I had a lot of details...was absolutely amazing. Every person was very accommodating, but Lauryn was my main contact and she "takes the cake"! Thank you Holiday Inn Fort Wayne/IPFW!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is a recently built property. Rooms are large, well equipped for business and with robust free wireless Internet. The bathroom has a walk in shower instead of a shower/tub ... nice. Typical Holiday Inn amenities. Reasonable pricing. Priority Club perks.

I would have rated this one as Very Good except for the service at the breakfast buffet. I ate there four times; food is HI standard. The service is terrible. Seems to be two on the wait staff. They disappear frequently for ten minutes or more. I was never offered a glass of water. Coffee arrived either when I was about finished eating or never arrived at all ... despite being requested. It was a major effort to get a check. Waiting five minutes after you finally found staff and requested a check was the norm. They just seemed clueless that most of us were here on business and didn't have time to wait around. I complained on the third day and two people who were seated near to me chimed in with affirmation. Perhaps my complaints and this review will cause management to seriously address service. I'll try this property one more time ... then finished if no improvement.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Wayne-IPFW & Coliseum, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear jim_julian,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your room accommodations. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the restaurant staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Simpsonville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stay here for business quite often. The rooms are really nice for the price and the whole place is clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly do a great job making sure you have a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for any special rates to get a better price. The Family suites have bunk beds in an area of the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Warsaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed over the holiday Easter 2012. Staff was awesome, and helpful, bar was nice drinks were good. Rooms were great as well as affordable. Thanks for going out of your way to help accodomate us!

Charm & The Teacup!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Wayne-IPFW & Coliseum? Share your experiences!