“Great Family Suite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Simpsonville, SC
“Great Family Suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stay here for business quite often. The rooms are really nice for the price and the whole place is clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly do a great job making sure you have a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for any special rates to get a better price. The Family suites have bunk beds in an area of the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Warsaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed over the holiday Easter 2012. Staff was awesome, and helpful, bar was nice drinks were good. Rooms were great as well as affordable. Thanks for going out of your way to help accodomate us!

Charm & The Teacup!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kauai, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Bed didn't offer enough support. Dinner was well-prepared with fresh ingredients. Clean and odor free.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Wayne-IPFW & Coliseum, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear FlyWalkEatSleep,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as your meal at our restaurant. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are sorry the bed in your room did not offer enough support and comfort. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27697315
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed here now for two 2 week stints, I have been absolutely happy with this property, I normally book 2-4 rooms for business and have had no complaints from my colleagues, Check in is a breeze the restaurant is good and the regular bar tender is great! The front desk staff for the most part is very pleasant and accommodating if you get Rachel she is the best! The do have one girl there at the front desk that has a personality of a nasty outhouse hopefully she leaves soon but one person cant ruin the entire stay. They do have allot of guests at times and once night they had a bunch of kids for spring break I mentioned something about the noise and I was asked immediately if I wanted to move to another room! I figured a few beers at the bar I wouldn't notice anyways. Great hotel great staff I would stay here in a heartbeat ! The rooms I have had were perfect as well the beds new and comfortable the TVS great the property is only 3 years old so not much to go wrong.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Rachel B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Wayne-IPFW & Coliseum, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Love it! Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Most of the time I can guess who wrote the review but, you have me stumped here. Please give me a call or stop by and see me on your next stay. I'd love to talk to you. Thank you again!

Rachel Bailey
Granger, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family (Husband, 4 children and I) stayed at this location for a week, while we attended a church conference in Fort Wayne. Previous to our visit I visited this site for the reviews as I normally do with all of our travel. The reviews made me skeptical of our reservations and I almost began looking for a alternative hotel. Most of you reviewers told untruths!

The hotel was easy to find and although it is on a main thoroughfare, it was not congested and it set away from the traffic. We had a painless check-in with the most courteous customer service rep and proceeded to our Family Suite, where we were happy that the online photos on the hotels website were not default chain photos, but actual photos from this location.

We enjoyed a hot, plenteous breakfast buffet EVERYDAY, and eager to please staff that made sure that if we wanted something special or off the menu that is offered, it came out in a record timing.

The halls, lobby areas, elevators, pool, arcade room and parking were always clean. The housekeeping team was courteous and thorough. Our bed was fresh, fluffy and comfortable and there were pillows for whatever comfort level your heart desired, and additional selections offered if your preference was not on the bed.

Thank you for being our home away from home and we will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I have been lucky to find caring people in the hotel business. We travel to Ft. Wayne to see my wifes parents in Assisted living. Rachael and her staff have always been so gracious as we take the Red Eye from California and always have the room ready. We enjoy breakfast and Dinner at the hotel and they always take good care of us. Joe Talarico

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Rachel B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Wayne-IPFW & Coliseum, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
So wonderful! Thank you so much for you review. We're looking forward to your next stay with us! ~Rachel Bailey
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I live near this hotel and have driven by it numerous times. About a month ago I went there for dinner. The local college was hosting a special night of sausages, which was fantastic. After the meal I went out to my car, only to find out I had left my lights on. The staff in the hotel was incredibly helpful. They produced some 'jump-box' thing that jump started my car in just a few seconds. What could have been an embarrasing night for me and my family was quickly turned into no-big-deal by the staff here.
This summer I plan a stay-cation here in Fort Wayne at this hotel. I look forward to using what appears to be a huge pool and hottub.

Room Tip: Ask the desk clerks for suggestions. While waiting for assistance I had the opportunity to overhear...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Wayne-IPFW & Coliseum? Share your experiences!