“Great service Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 21 restaurants in Floyds Knobs
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great service Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

food was great on 3/7/13 had the fried seafood it was good, they hand bread everything themselves. server was great didn't want for anything. had the cheese cake they make there at the store it was wonderful chocolate lovers.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
New Albany, Indiana
“Manager is a LIAR!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stopped for carry out and placed my order carefully, being specific about what I wanted.
I got my food home and I did not have the proper dipping sauces I asked for. I got horseradish!
I ordered soup. I bet it would have been good - except I crushed up the crackers they provided me. They were stale and turned into chewing gum in the soup.
Not normally a complainer. As I ordered my food I saw signs advising how it it important to support LOCAL BUSINESS.

I was proud as I ordered. Feeling civic and supportive of my community.

I called and spoke to the manager. He listened as I advised him about just spending $10.00 for an in edible meal and how I regretted my decision of BUYING LOCAL. He asked for my address and advised he was comping my meal and mailing me a gift card.

Well that was two weeks ago. No comp or gift card ever arrived.
Will I go back: NEVER!

Manager you are a LIAR! Keep your gift card. May your business prosper as the last Sams Food and Spirits did- now out of business.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Floyds Knobs, Indiana, United States
“Good Local Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I love their Fried Cauliflower! So Good!I also love their Fried Chicken Sandwich, it is served on a onion bun, very good and very Large!

Visited October 2012
Lanesville, IN
“Not as good as the other Sam's Restaurant in New Albany”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is a redo of the older original Sam's. While they keep trying to make it better, it lacks everything that makes the original one so good. We live in the area and used to frequent the old one on an almost weekly basis, so we were really excited when this new one opened. However, after many tries, it still is not up to par with the service or quality of food of the one in New Albany. If you're hungry for Sam's, I suggest you go to the one on Charlestown Rd. in New Albany instead of this one. I'm hoping someone in management will see this and be able to do something about it as we loved the old Sam's.

• Visited November 2011