“Great Buffet” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Rocky Mount, Virginia
“Great Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good on Friday and Saturday nights! Crab legs and prime rib. Great service also! Their breakfast buffet is good also. Something for everyone.

Visited July 2012

Southern Indiana
“The Good, The Bad, and The Yummy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

During March 2012, we enjoyed a 2 day stay at the Belterra Resort in Florence, Indiana.

We've been there several times, and have learned the layout of the land, so, I thought it was time to review it for other travelers.

The hotel is gorgeous. We've always been able to check in quickly, without a fuss, but still have that personal 'we're glad to see you' attitude from the staff. Checkout, is just as easy. The rooms are very nice, with everything you'd need for a comfy stay. The beds are the best of any we've ever slept on.

Now for the restaurants. We've eaten at all of them, with 2 of them being favorites, and one being not on our list again.

Jeff Ruby's is fantastic. Very good service, fantastic food, and generous portions. The foods are really rich, so it's best to share the side dishes. We always leave with enough food in our 'doggy bag' to enjoy for the next day. Prices are a little steep upon first look, but, when you figure you get extra meals out of the leftovers, it's not so bad for a top drawer establishment. I didn't know what to expect for dressing in the restaurant, but we've seen it all, sequin dresses, to golf shorts, so feel free to step in and enjoy.

The Aquarium Cafe, after 2 visits, is our least favorite. On this most recent trip, my husband and I waited at the hostess stand for several minutes, wondering what was taking so long. The restaurant had more empty tables than occupied ones, and several of the servers were standing around and looked at us like they didn't know what to do with us. Finally, after being seated, and a few more minutes, our server showed up and took drink orders. Another several minutes, and they arrived, nothing that required mixing or fixing, just sodas. We placed our order, and waited and waited....again. As we were sitting up close to the kitchen, I noticed 2 or 3 dishes just sitting under the heat lights for at least 20 minutes, as no one picked them up. I watched a server bring a salad out of the kitchen, wrapped in plastic wrap, and being served. Geez, how long would it take to make a fresh salad? We both ordered the cod fish, which was a nasty experience. It was greasy, and mostly breading. Don't get me wrong, I love breading, but I also love some fish mixed in there. Too pricey for what we ordered, and it took way too long to be that disappointed. We've had better food in the casino itself.

The buffet, is a different story. The prices are great, the food is consistently good, and the selection is just more than the average person can handle in one meal. The servers are pleasant, and seem to enjoy their jobs. We've eaten breakfast there as well, again with the many choices, including a fresh egg station that never disappoints. For the money, and the selection, this is your best bet.

As for the casino, it's small but the selection of slots is good, tables games too. The chairs at the slot machines are maddening, too big, too high, and it's like sitting in a pin ball game while you're at a machine. People passing down the aisles have no choice but to bump and thump and wiggle their way thru.

The cashier lines are awful. When I stood in line to cash a check, i counted that I was 22 people back from a 4 person window. The man in front of me said if he had to wait that long to get money to lose in the casino, it must be a sign to not do it. He left. I wanted to. Surely they can open up other cashier stations that are on the boat.

Visited March 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Limited Menu, Standard Fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had dinner here one night when I didn't want anything in particular and wanted to adhere to an eating schedule that wasn't too crazy. There aren't a lot of choices on the menu, but it's adequate enough that there is a little variety. I ordered the fish and chips and they were pretty good. The batter was very crispy, the fish hot and pleasant enough. The fries are cute, served in a brown paper bag. The server was very good and attentive. This is a good place for sandwiches (burgers), salad, and a few different entrees. The lighting in the aquarium gave us the feeling that we were looking at fish swimming in a window. It was interesting.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
prospect ohio
“not a lot to choose from”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

menu was very limited. we both had sandwiches which were just ok

Visited February 2012
Marietta, Ohio
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The Aquarium walls.....different from your regular restaurant, and the food was good too.

Visited January 2012