“Great place for a weekend getaway.” 5 of 5 stars

Belterra Casino Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   777 Belterra Drive, Florence, IN 47020   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Georgetown, Kentucky
“Great place for a weekend getaway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Staff was gracious, room very nice, and at a reasonable price, plus free valet parking. Very convenient to the casino, slots and good food. Sunday through Thursday has the least expensive rates. Nice furniture, big flat screen TV, and a super bathroom with jetted tub and separate walk in shower.

Room Tip: Be sure and select smoking or non-smoking because they have both. The pillows were very soft.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My friend and I celebrated her 30th birthday by doing a casino hop in Indiana. We went to Belterra and Rising Star. I really thought Belterra was going to wow me because I had gotten a King Deluxe room (all the 2 queens deluxe rooms were booked) with all of the whiz bangs. I wanted to pull out all the stops for her birthday!

I figured a room so grand would have a gorgeous view, like what they show on the website. The first room they gave us had a grand view of the rooftop right below us with all of its gravel. I asked for a different room, and got a view of the golf greens... and the large dumpster with lots of trash outside the dumpster and some plant in the not too far off distance belching plumes. Those of you forking out weekend high rate cash for the deluxe room should call while booking to ensure you get a room number that has an acceptable view. I tolerated the 2nd room because the rates were way cheaper on off peak nights. The Jacuzzi tub was nice, but the water closet had no vent or fan. Yuck.

We had a good time at the Price Is Right stage show, and the buffet was ridiculously great! The stores are tacky. The slots are tight.

Go to Belterra for dinner, and then jog down the road and spend the rest of your money at Rising Star casino where you'll get a great hotel, great views, great staff, and a great time!

Room Tip: Call to book deluxe rooms in order to secure a room number with a decent view. Otherwise you may be...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
national tour
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place reminds me of the Bellagio in every way, except the casino itself. The decor, the font of the Belterra, the colors all are very similar. The bathrooms are huge. The beds are comfy. The showroom is nice. The casino was super smokey and just eh. Nothing to write home about. The buffet was good, but expensive. The most reasonable food option is the Sports Bar. This place had good food, although the menu is extremely limited. I never had a bad meal here. I would come here again for a special event.

I also had a massage here. The massage was excellent. The spa area which is open to guests for free is also very nice and well done. The only bummer is the hot tub is not co-ed. So my husband and I had to sit in hot tubs in separate rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the resort and it was beautiful. I received a lovely room on the 14th floor. It looked brand new.loved the two tv's.
We had a breakfast in the newly renovated buffet area. The food was fresh and hot and the staff very pleasant.
The second night we had a great dinner at Jeff Ruby..a world class steakhouse.
We spent a lot of time in the casino and although we won nothing..it was fun.
I would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'm not much of a gambler, but I have stayed at several casino's throughout Indiana on business, and this is one of the better ones I've encountered. The hotel seems to have been recently updated. The beds are comfortable with good linens, and the bathrooms are large and well laid out. I was in a double, and the only mirror was in the bathroom, which made it difficult for two people sharing a room to get ready at once. The sports bar (I can't remember the name) had decent food, a nice selection of craft beers, and good atmosphere. The casino itself was small and more aged, and only had one bar on each floor. We were there on a Wednesday night and the bar staff was completely overwhelmed. Although it's out of the way, it's in a gorgeous location, and several friends that played golf raved about the course.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had a comped room, free buffet (which was worth the trip alone), very nice room, extremely friendly service and slots so tight that they were boring. Several hours (and some money) into the evening I had not hit one thing. I don't ever expect to win; however, I do expect that it will occasionally ring up something just to keep me excited. Guess not.

Room Tip: The views are very good, and there seems to be no bad rooms just bad slots.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunman, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Pros

-- Clean room, very nice large bathrooms, beautiful hotel lobby, easy parking.

Cons

-- Website was wrong on several points. Website listed hotel and food combo packages that were in fact not available upon calling. Website stated it has an electronic iroulette table (the ONLY game I enjoy playing and the main reason for going) and when we got there it doesn't exist. Asked employees about it and they had no idea what I was even talking about. Website also listed that a deluxe room was at the rate of $99 a night since it was a weeknight. When I called I was told that all the deluxe rooms were booked and had to get a regular room. This was somehow still $99 even though it was not a deluxe room...and I requested a non smoking room and ended up in a smoking room.

--Beds and pillows were not very comfortable. Both of us ended up tossing and turning most of the night.

--Lack of new games, seemed very dated. Even though we had a room at Belterra we made the 30 minute drive to Rising Star Casino to do our gambling in order to get better variety of games and much better drink prices. Both Belterra and Rising Star pale in comparison to our local casinos Indiana Grand and Hollywood Casino, which both have my electronic roulette and much more modern games.

-- Buffet was TERRIBLE! We were intending to go the the sports bar but were told it would be 30 mins to an hour wait (even though there were PLENTY of open tables visible). We were too hungry to wait so we decided to try out the buffet. This buffet looks really nice but everything we tried was cold and incredibly bland. The cheesecake was horrible, no seasoning on the fried chicken, everything just bland bland bland. At the price of $20.99 per person needless to say we were not happy!!

--Customer service is lacking. Nothing major but during our entire stay most employees we encountered seemed very bored and no one really made an effort to make us feel welcome or make our stay more enjoyable.

We drove two hours to stay there and were disappointed completely.

We will definitely not be returning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve N, Public Relations Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hi Christy, thank you for your recent visit and review. We are sorry to see that your experience wasn't perfect and up to our normal standard of service. We have made the corrections to our website and apologize for the errors. We will also follow up with our hotel team regarding your reservations, though rooms are based on availability and rates are subject to change. We have also passed your comments regarding the casino and Buffet to each department's Director. I would also like to personally follow up with you regarding your experience. At your leisure please Email me directly at snewsome@belterracasino.com. I know we can do a much better job than we showed you on your visit and would love a chance to win your business back. Thank you again for your stay and your review.

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!