“Excellent Steak.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ohio
“Excellent Steak.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had the Jeff Ruby Jewel. This was one of the best steaks that I have ever had.

Visited April 2012

Louisville, Kentucky
“Stake out the steak and meet the meat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I am told that all of the Jeff Ruby's Steakhouses are as wonderful as this one in the Belterra Casino. If that is the case, and I am sure it is, consider this write up a vote for excellence for all of the Jeff Ruby's properties.
From the moment we walked into the restaurant we felt as though it was all about us. The staff works like a single person with eight bodies. Not one waitstaff walked past our table without making sure that ours needs were met. A low keyed but very personal visit by a member of management made us feel even more welcome.
Our cocktails and wine were excellent.
For appetizers, my wife had the escargot and mushrooms in puff pastry. The snails were the most tender I have ever had and sauced to perfection.
I had eight of the most delectable Blue Points on the half shell that one can hope to find outside of the Chesapeake Watershed.
The seafood is prepared within sight of our table, so I watched the oysters being opened immediately before they came to our table.
My wife had the barrel cut filet, a 12 ounce beauty that was cooked to her liking of medium rare. I think the barrel cut is a term for the barrel of the tender loin, or thickest part. They also have a 16 ounce filet and a bone in filet
I had the Chicago Style Pan-Freid Veal Chop. Very rare. This was a frenched rib chop that melted in my mouth. Oh man....take me back.
We shared a side of creamed spinach - all sides are large enouygh for two people - and I had my chop topped with sauted mushroome and onions. Perfect.
For desert, we shared a creme brulee.
I can only say that with so many wonderful things on the menu, I can not wait to go back to try some more.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland
“excellant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The food was delicious.I had a filet that was melt in your mouth
wonderful.I also had shrimp from their raw bar and they too were
outstanding.The service was friendly and prompt.Though it is pricey it wasd worth it.

Visited March 2012