“Hidden Gem!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Point Mulatre
Iowa City, Iowa
“Hidden Gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My experience at Jungle Bay was like nothing else I have ever experienced! All of the staff there were amazing and always had a smile on. If your concerned about the food, don't be! I don't think I have ever eaten so well while on vacation! On top of everything the daily excursions they provide are like nothing else and the guides you go with make you feel safe and they know so much about everything Dominica. I would suggest this amazing place to everyone I know and can't wait to go back myself!!

Room Tip: Each room is a kind of a gamble on how many stairs you have to climb to reach your cabin, but if you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Coralville, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Jungle Bay was an incredible stay. The amazing location right on the ocean and cottages tucked in the jungle were breath taking! The staff was excellent! They were willing to accommodate silly requests in the kitchen (every dish was incredible), the front desk staff was always upbeat and nice, and even the groundskeepers working on the path each morning would pause what they were doing and ask how I slept. Yoga each morning in Dominica was an amazing opportunity to stretch out, relax, and get ready for whatever new adventure they had planned for us that day. Both Glenda and Nancy were great instructors :) You'll regret it if you don't check out the spa! The behind the scenes staff worked hard to make sure everything in our cabin was perfect each day and the drivers that took us everywhere couldn't have been better. Our excursion guides were very knowledgeable, friendly, and willing to answer whatever question you could think of! Take advantage of every excursion they offer and do not forget your camera on this gorgeous island treasure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Victorville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband surprised me by taking me here when I went to visit him during his school break. It was our honeymoon that we never had. I was in awe right when I stepped out of the car. I couldn't believe how awesome this resort was. Getting our own little wooden cottage on stilts in the middle of the jungle was soooo awesome! Not only was this placed amazing but the staff was great! They went above and beyond my expectations. The staff working at the restaurant found out it was our honeymoon and right away they told us they would have a surprise for us the next day when we went back to dinner. They decorated our table and actually planned to place our table by the pool by ourselves but it rained so we stayed in the regular dining area. They even made us a cake to congratulate us. The staff was very helpful and loving. They would greet us with a hug and a kiss and genuinely cared about us. There are much more great things I could say about this place, but then I will make this too long. I definitely recommend this resort to anyone who wants to experience an adventure of staying the night in a jungle. Sleeping was difficult the first night because the ocean was loud and all the insects and animals in the jungle were loud, but the next night we requested earplugs and were good to go. We miss this place!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My brother and I visited Jungle Bay for the first time August 2013. We took the jungle bay adventure package.

We were extremely impressed with the friendly service, the wide range of activities, the food and the spa. Jungle bay experience revives both body and mind.

We only stayed for 5 days however we were able to do the glasse trail hike and zomzom trail, Dominican drumming and ocean kayaking. We also wanted to visit the champagne beach to snorkel and jungle bay organized it for us easily.

In all we were extremely impressed with all aspects of jungle bay and would definitely return

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic all inclusive 10 days at this resort in SE Dominica. What a gem! Expensive from London but worth every single penny.
It had everything for the novice hiker (like me) to those who more revel in spa treatments and yoga (also like me!!). Local cuisine and produce, friendly people, stunning natural environments and an accommodating attitude made this a very indulgent birthday present to myself. Travelling there on my own presented no problem but then I am a bit of a Caribbeanophile! The fact that my £'s truly contributed to the local economy really resonated with me too.
So I send lots of hugs and warm wishes to Sam (whose conception this is), Glenda, Nancy, Andrea, Vern, Carlos, Justin, Jephron, Freshtie, Simone, Keith, Joanne, Jennifer, Julia, Headley, Brother, Richie & to everyone whose names I've forgotten. Thanks for everything and keep on doing what your're doing. Jungle Bay is a very special place .......don't change the formula!

Room Tip: You might want to check the number of steps to each cottage if you can before booking if this may pr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We enjoyed the service and assistance from all the lovely teams, the warm and friendly conversations with Nancy, Julia and Glenda, the Spa massages and Yoga classes and all the excursions (what a great team of drivers/guides -especially Keith and Justin).
What a great experience in Dominica!
thank you!

Room Tip: If you have a room (cottage) after 21, be prepared for a lot of walking!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

A delightful stay at an exotic destination! Original and luxurious eco-cottages fit nicey within the jungle-landscape and ensure complete privacy - the outdoor rainforest shower as well as the sea view from the hamac on the terrace alone are worth the trip. Jungle bay team goes out of its way to ensure a pleasant and comfortable stay - with insightful tips on near by excursions and conveying a piece of the local way of living. A special thanks go out to Nancy who shared her enthusiasm and knowledge about Dominica in a genuine manner - and made us want to go back to Jungle bay soon!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jungle Bay, Dominica? Share your experiences!