Jungle Bay is the greatest place I've ever stayed. The scenery is beautiful and dramatic, the cottages are homey, cute and comfortable, and the staff is the friendliest I've ever encountered anywhere. Best of all, everything you read about their commitment to the environment and sustainability is 100% true. This isn't the place for you if you're looking for deluxe accomodations and nightlife, but if it's relaxation, fabulous food, beautiful nature and wonderful people you're after, you will be in heaven. The excursions are varied and interesting, and the guides are so informative, knowledgeable, and helpful. The staff were so open and friendly, and knew us by name by the second or third day. The spa was also terrific, and I'm a very picky spa-er. I highly recommend the Jungle Bay Adventure Package -- at first it seems a little pricey, but since it includes everything, it turns out to be a great deal. I didn't take much cash, and I left with most of it still in my wallet!
Because of its relative isolation, there really is no close place to go for activities/food, so when not on an excursion, you definitely will spend most of the time on the grounds. It's quite a ways from the airport and the roads are less than desirable, so if you tend towards carsickness, bring plenty of Dramamine or ask to sit up front. That would be the only downside of Jungle Bay, but it's just the nature of Dominica's geography. Most of the excursions are fairly far away (30 to 90 minutes) but I did feel that they were all worth it. Snorkelling at Champagne Beach was a highlight.
Jungle Bay is a wonderful place to experience the beauty of Dominica. I will definitely be going back.
- Also Known As:
- Jungle Bay Resort And Spa
- Jungle Bay Hotel Roseau
- Jungle Bay Hotel
- Hotel Jungle Bay
- Jungle Bay Dominica
- Jungle Bay, Dominica Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning Jungle Bay rises from a cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Stay in one of the 35 rustic luxury cottages suspended on wooden posts amidst jungle fauna, each with a private outdoor shower and with the ever-present sound of ocean surf. Daily adventure tours are a highlight and include transportation in open-air safari trucks. Finish each day being pampered in ocean-view spa and dining at the Pavilion Restaurant, enjoying mouthwatering local organic cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jungle Bay, Dominica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.