“Outstanding staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I am visiting in Southern Indiana from Florida, and had to get my Gators game day experience. The Indianapolis Gator Alumni club meets at the Blue Crew Sports Bar. I picked a hotel at random, to be close to that location, and really want to share my tremendous good luck. I have a whirlpool suite, but in addition the hotel has a heated pool annd large hot tub. There is also a sumptuous free breakfast, and the front staff is incredible helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Very quick and friendly check in from the staff who had upgraded me to a suite. The room was spotlessly clean and furnishings were the usual Hampton inn type. One nice thing to note were the whirlpool jets in the tub, although I didn't get to use them they would be nice.

I noted the unusual touch of having a decorative silk orchid on the coffee table which was a nice touch. Beds were comfortable and check out process was easy, just said good bye on the way out.

There is a Starbucks, literally, across the parking lot, as well as shopping, dining, movie theatre etc. nearby.

Just right for business travel, no complaints.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Only stayed here for a night. The room was clean, spacious and airy. Bathroom looked a little dingy. The location was perfect- close to where we had our event.
The free breakfast was one of the best we have had compared to other free brekkie's at similar hotels.
Our first time staying at the hampton inn...would def recommend it to others and go back if ever we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
fraser, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed for a wedding down the road we will be back TJ the manager top notch even though he is a Notre Dame fan and Linda the breakfast lady was awesome! Polite friendly and Clean !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was desperately looking for a hotel 3 days before the State Fair. I needed four nights, non smoking. The Hampton Inn and Suites usually has good beds and great service. This one was no exception. I couldn't get a 2 bed room as they said they did not have one available for all 4 nights, so I paid extra for a whirlpool suite which was available. The room on arrival was clean and neatly made up. My son wasn't thrilled with sleeping on the sofa bed in the King Suite, but he was a good sport about it. The whirlpool made up for it just a little. Husband liked the bed and TV, but didn't use the pool area. My son and I used it every night of our stay. I only have 2 issues that I wish had been different. The pool area has very slippery floors when wet. Luckily I didn't fall down, but it was very leary of slipping and twisting my knee, which has had several prior injuries. Thankfully one of the male guests helped me accross the floor to the dry area. On the 2nd night at the pool I had a conversation with a young man who was in the whirlpool. I commented on how nice this Hampton was. He informed me that his Aunt was the manager or owner of the hotel and mentioned that he stayed there whenever he wanted for either free or a greatly reduced rate. I actually have no problem with him getting a discount, or even a free room, but I do have an issue to paying a higher rate, when the nephew got the double room that I would have rather had, so my son could have slept in a bed instead of on a fold out sofa. I know I shouldn't have waited so long to book, but I was hoping to get my first choice hotel if someone canceled. I am planning ahead for next year, right now. This hotel did have a good breakfast with plenty of hot and cold choices. I don't care for the coffee they serve here, but it was better than most. I missed the biscuits and gravy this chain used to offer, but the eggs, sausage, waffles, were okay substitutes. I would stay here again and would also recommend it to friends. A good choice at a reasonable rate--if you get the regular double bed room. I wouldn't pay extra for the whirlpool tub again, no more sofa beds for my son either. Call early for the best selection.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Upstate New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I would not advise staying here. It was very expensive, and the front desk & other help here including cleric people were not friendly. Plus, i noticed the weirdest paccadillo, if you will, of the locals here - they always, always, always enjoy intentionally doing unprovoked. I will try to describe the best I can. These "hoosiers" turning their back to you and pushing their backside towards you. NOT KIDDING. I have no idea that this rude gesture is intentional, just a refection of the area of uneducation persons or that it's just the idiots that live in this high-cost living area. Way too right wing, nasty conservative everwhere you turn. There is a religious undercurrent that will turn your stomache. Stay away from this hotel and this area.

Room Tip: Don't bring a guest
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
spraguecompany, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
In response to the review, it is concerning you felt so uncomfortable in the Fishers area. The area and the hotel are of the highest quality and both are dedicated to ensuring our guest and visitors to the area have a great experience. The hotel is award winning and the area is rated very high by the Visitors Center and Indiana Chamber of Commerce. Please visit Indiana again and I am sure your experience will be an amazing.
LaPorte, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

The people working the front desk were very nice, friendly and knowledgable. We stayed here to visit the state fair. The front desk gave us good directions to the fair and to various local restaurants. The room and hotel was clean and quiet. The morning breakfast was very good and the people preparing the food were also friendly and nice. It was a very pleasant experience and would definately return again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers? Share your experiences!