“Nice Stay ” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
“Nice Stay ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The reviews are pretty mixed for this Evansville Comfort Inn.
I stayed based off a couple of strong reviews from road warrior travels, knowing it could be a gamble.
To sum it up quickly, I can tell you that I would stay here again.
The pricing is appropriate because the facility is starting to show some age, wear and tear. That does not mean it was dirty. My room was clean and I slept well.
I have stayed in comparable hotels in Evansville, paying a higher rate at competitors.
The customer service was great, very friendly and they defiantly appreciate your business.
Convenient right off highway. Fast and sit down restaurants right there.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Priti P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Travel46804,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that we will see you again sometime soon.

Jennifer, AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cloverdale, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel is one that I stay at every time I'm in Evansville. I'm never disappointed and always have a pleasant stay. The rooms are spacious, well decorated and comfortable. They have all the amenities I need to prepare me for business the next day. The staff is friendly and more than willing to help with anything you need. I will continue to stay here every time I'm anywhere close. Also, there are many good restaurants close by. Very convenient for eating. shopping, and access to the interstate. Two thumbs up on this one!

Room Tip: I have stayed in many of the rooms, and they have all been nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Priti P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Jeff,
Thank you for taking time to fill out a review on our hotel. We are privileged to have you as one of our regular guests and look forward to every time you stay. Thanks again and we will see you on your next trip through Evansville.
Jennifer, AGM in018
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a family reunion on July 5th. When we arrived at the hotel we were given our room key. When we entered the room, it was not made. The sheets were piled in the corner and the bathroom was dirty. We contacted the front desk and were told we were allowed to check in but the room was not cleaned yet. The desk worker was very nice and friendly, just about the only positive of the entire experience. The room was made up when we arrived back that evening. The pool was "green and yucky" as quoted from my 4-year-old who would not step foot inside. The room was dirty and had a stale odor. The occupants across the hall were allowed to chain smoke in their room throughout our stay. We also noticed cobwebs in the corners of the walls and ants crawling on the air conditioning unit. Because we were already settled in and nursing two sick children, we decided to stay it out.

Our oldest son was not feeling well and vomited on the bed. As soon as this happened, we took the soiled sheets to housekeeping in the hall and asked if we could change them out, and she told us to go to the front desk. There, the helpful front desk staff promptly grabbed us new sheets but did not say anything about picking up the soiled sheets. As a result, they stayed on our floor the rest of the night. We ended up changing the sheets and mattress pad ourselves. When the soiled bedding was removed, we noticed large blood splatters on the mattress.

The breakfast left a lot to be desired and we actually went somewhere else for breakfast. Check out was quick and there was a nice large extended family departing for a family vacation. All in all, it was not the best hotel experience and very disappointing from what we have come to expect from the Comfort Inn brand.

Room Tip: Go down the road to the Holiday Inn (formerly a Radisson)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Priti P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear John K.,
We want to start by thanking you for staying at our hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If we would have known that you found the room you were placed in unsatisfactory, we would have immediately moved you to a different room. We were very busy that entire weekend with not only the family reunion, but also, a group bus, wedding and the fact that most rooms were accommodating more people than allowed normally as a courtesy. I am so sorry for the miscommunication that the soiled sheets did not get picked up immediately after we gave you the new bedding. And I apologize that the breakfast was not what you have come to expect from a Choice brand hotel. We are using all reviews to see where our hotel has weak points so that we may address them to make guests' stays more comfortable. I have addressed the issues you had during your stay with all staff members so this will not happen again. I hope that you give us another chance to offer you great service if you are ever in the area again.
Scottsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was moving my mom back to Virginia and decided to stop at the Comfort Inn. The room was clean and very reasonably priced for one night. Provided a $10.00 military discount. The staff was very efficient in the check in process. We have and would return to Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Back room on the second floor quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Priti P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Bruce G,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel on your recent trip. We are so glad to hear that you had a good experience and hope that if you ever need a room around Evansville again that you will give us another chance to provide you and your family with superior service. Thanks again.
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This place was very dirty and outdated. The first room we were in the air conditioner was broke and had water all over the floor. It had a dirty foot odor as well. Just plan gross. Although the staff was quick to get us in a new room it was just as bad. It was dirty!!! The bathroom floor had hair and what looked like red wine spilled on the floor. The ceiling above the toilet and tub was peeling from what looked like a water leak. The bathtub didn't drain properly ether. There were Cobwebs with live spiders crawling up the wall. The air conditioner worked in this room however it had a bad smokey odor to it. I dont know whats worse smoke odor or bad foot odor!! Any way my husband I were exhausted from our long trip up from Alabama and it was so late when we got in (12:00am) that we decided to stay the night despite its nastiness. Needless to say the next morning we couldn't get out of there fast enough. The only positive to this hotel is the staff was friendly. This should be labeled a cheap motel at best. Over priced for this hotel as well. This just plain looks bad for all Comfort inn's and suits in my opinion!!!!

Room Tip: Find a better hotel!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gilbert L,
First off, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at on your recent trip. I have shared your concerns with our staff and housekeeping. We have taken your concerns under advisement and been working diligently to rectify any issues with both rooms you were put in at your time of stay. I apologize for any inconvenience and hope that if you are through here again that you with give us another chance to offer the superior service you deserve. Thanks again for bringing these issues to our attention.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stopped here for the night when driving to Kentucky. Third room was the winner. First two had cigarette smoke fumes, but staff was quick to change our room and fix it very easily. Room was super duper clean. If you need to stop I'd say stay here.

Stayed May 2014
Priti P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

First off, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Priti Patel
GM
Comfort Inn North
Ruston, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here for two nights. My room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was sparkling. I was very pleased with the friendliness of the staff. This motel is a few miles from the city, nearer the interstate, and very quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!