“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Bloomington, IL
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

This was our first visit to a Drury Inn but it won't be our last. We had a suite, with a separate bedroom and living room and we really enjoyed the extra space. The living room had a pull out couch that the boys said was comfortable. Everything was clean and well-maintained. The bathroom was large, with double sinks and the toilet and shower were in a separate room - so someone could be using the sink while someone else was showering. The bathroom was accessed from the living room - you had to leave the bedroom and walk through the living room to get to it. Not a big deal, but in other hotels with similar suites, there were doors from the bathroom to both the bedroom and the living room.

We weren't able to sample the evening snacks, but we did enjoy the popcorn and the soda which were available in the evening. The breakfast was very good - scrambled eggs, french toast, sausage, biscuits and gravy, bagels, donuts, cold cereal, oatmeal and. waffle maker. There was a selection of juices and the soda fountain was also available. The seating area was adequate and the staff was friendly and kept everything well stocked.

The only real complaint I have is the air conditioning in the bedroom. It was LOUD, like jet engine loud. We tried leaving the fan on all the time, but it was just too loud. While it was blowing, it was freezing and when it shut down it was stuffy. I spent half the night pulling the blanket up and then throwing it off.

The free wifi worked great, even in the rooms (not just the lobby like some hotels). They also had 2 computers in the lobby with internet access, and a sign asking guests to limit their time to 20 minutes so everyone could use the computers.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
South Point, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

This was my first stop at a Drury and I was extremely happy with the accomodations. I only stayed for a night but it was very clean and the breakfast was delicious. I did not get to try the "kick back" at 5:30 snacks and drinks but my colleague said it was a good deal.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Mahone Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I stayed at the Drury Inn in Evansville after staying at the Marriott. I wasn't sure i would be in Evanville another night and the Marriott was way overpriced, so I booked this at the last minute. The Drury Inn I stayed at was on the corner of the Lloyd Expressway, so it was a bit noisey, but most of the hotels are around that location. When I arrived, the clerk gave me a ticket for 3 free drinks from 6 till 9 (or something like that) and told me there would be snacks at that time. I checked into my room, it was nice and clean, with a new LCD TV. There's free internet, free local calling and something about free long distance, but I didn't use that option. I went to the pool, it was small/medium but nice. After the pool I went and had my 3 free Bud Lite (or you could have other drinks as well ) and some chicken fingers, meatballs, nacho chips & salsa, and some other stuff. I was amazed how much food there was for free, and it was pretty good. After relaxiing for a while, I went out. There are a bunch of shops, some within walking distance but you would probably drive to most, all the big chains are here. I had a good sleep, didn't notice any noise, altough I've read it can be noisey. In the morning, there was a large free breakfeast, with hot and cold food. Not much fruit but a pretty extensive selection. The staff was very friendly. The cofee was pretty good. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Decatur , AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Nice hotel and I don't understand the complaints about it needing renovating. We moved to this property from The Evansville North Drury after discovering that "North" was located next to an active railway line. Our room was very nice, spacious, with an over-sized bathroom and a new flat screen TV. The breakfast was of the usual Drury quality - sumptuous. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

We have stayed at this Drury Inn about 4 times & we've never been disappointed. Our last trip we were pleasantly surprised that the room had a flat screen tv! The hotel is up to date & clean. The best thing about the Drury Hotel is that everything is all inclusive. The employee who was hosting the "happy hour" was just so awesome. All the staff is very kind & helpful.

The complimentary breakfast has everything you need, much better than other hotels we've stayed at. I am not that familiar with Evansville, but this hotel is near tons of great restaurants & entertainment. We'll continue to stay here when we need a quick getaway.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Stayed one night at this hotel on business. Staff was very friendly and helpful, offering a free replacement shaving kit (which I forgot to pack). Room was clean and well maintained, flat screen TV, coffee and whole bunch of TV channels. Very fast, free wireless internet. One knock is the noisy room A/C Heater which cycled on and off loudly. I had to turn it off to sleep. Other than that a top-notch value hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed in the Drury Inn and Suites just this past weekend. A friend of mine from high school was getting married, and I booked a room online at Hotwire.

Though the location wasn't ideal for where the ceremony and reception was, it is still an all-around good location. There was plenty to do in the area.

The hotel itself was wonderful. I was there while some athletic competition was going on, so there were a lot of families with teens and younger children running about. The facilities were nice, though. I was in a king room, and it was huge. Everything in the room was very nice, and incredibly clean.

My one complaint is the service, though. As I stated, it was a busy weekend for the hotel. I arrived at 2:25, with a wedding at 4. I was told that my room was not ready, and the rooms are not guaranteed until 3 and I could sit in the lobby and watch TV, snack on some popcorn or use the business center computers as I waited. I was assured by the woman at the front desk that she would call me when it was ready. By 3, it still wasn't. She made no efforts to help me, even after I insisted that I have a wedding at 4 and had driven 6 hours and was needing a shower and to change my clothes. By 3:15, someone new had taken charge at the front desk due to the shift changing. The gentlemen there were very quick to get me into a room, a king instead of the two-bed non-smoking I had originally requested. He acted as this was no problem at all. I was very appreciative of him, but feel there might have been something more the first woman could have done. At the least, if the room was "guaranteed by 3 p.m.," I should have been able to get in by then.

That said, I do acknowledge it was a busy weekend for them. The hotel itself was still very nice, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East? Share your experiences!