“Much better than Evansville Drury North” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Cross Pointe Blvd., Evansville, IN 47715   |
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Evansville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Decatur , AL
“Much better than Evansville Drury North”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Nice hotel and I don't understand the complaints about it needing renovating. We moved to this property from The Evansville North Drury after discovering that "North" was located next to an active railway line. Our room was very nice, spacious, with an over-sized bathroom and a new flat screen TV. The breakfast was of the usual Drury quality - sumptuous. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

We have stayed at this Drury Inn about 4 times & we've never been disappointed. Our last trip we were pleasantly surprised that the room had a flat screen tv! The hotel is up to date & clean. The best thing about the Drury Hotel is that everything is all inclusive. The employee who was hosting the "happy hour" was just so awesome. All the staff is very kind & helpful.

The complimentary breakfast has everything you need, much better than other hotels we've stayed at. I am not that familiar with Evansville, but this hotel is near tons of great restaurants & entertainment. We'll continue to stay here when we need a quick getaway.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Stayed one night at this hotel on business. Staff was very friendly and helpful, offering a free replacement shaving kit (which I forgot to pack). Room was clean and well maintained, flat screen TV, coffee and whole bunch of TV channels. Very fast, free wireless internet. One knock is the noisy room A/C Heater which cycled on and off loudly. I had to turn it off to sleep. Other than that a top-notch value hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed in the Drury Inn and Suites just this past weekend. A friend of mine from high school was getting married, and I booked a room online at Hotwire.

Though the location wasn't ideal for where the ceremony and reception was, it is still an all-around good location. There was plenty to do in the area.

The hotel itself was wonderful. I was there while some athletic competition was going on, so there were a lot of families with teens and younger children running about. The facilities were nice, though. I was in a king room, and it was huge. Everything in the room was very nice, and incredibly clean.

My one complaint is the service, though. As I stated, it was a busy weekend for the hotel. I arrived at 2:25, with a wedding at 4. I was told that my room was not ready, and the rooms are not guaranteed until 3 and I could sit in the lobby and watch TV, snack on some popcorn or use the business center computers as I waited. I was assured by the woman at the front desk that she would call me when it was ready. By 3, it still wasn't. She made no efforts to help me, even after I insisted that I have a wedding at 4 and had driven 6 hours and was needing a shower and to change my clothes. By 3:15, someone new had taken charge at the front desk due to the shift changing. The gentlemen there were very quick to get me into a room, a king instead of the two-bed non-smoking I had originally requested. He acted as this was no problem at all. I was very appreciative of him, but feel there might have been something more the first woman could have done. At the least, if the room was "guaranteed by 3 p.m.," I should have been able to get in by then.

That said, I do acknowledge it was a busy weekend for them. The hotel itself was still very nice, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

I chose this hotel because of the location. It just a few blocks from the by-pass and I wanted my stay to be convenient for my trip. I was very surprised and very pleased with the completed renovations. Our room was clean and fresh. It had been completely updated, with new furniture, carpet, bathroom fixtures and flat screen televisions. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast and hospitality evening are still par for a Drury but very acceptable. I would recommend to anyone and would stay here again.

• Liked — new renovations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

We stayed there four nights in late February, 2008. The hotel is going through a MAJOR renovation. The breakfast area and lobby are completely closed off to guests. Breakfast and evening drinks are served in a conference room next to the indoor pool. Breakfast was hot, but nothing special. The food wasn't very good.
The third and fourth floors are closed during the renovation and the construction crews was always in the way. They used the guest elevator to haul building materials and left quite a mess.
The room we had on the fifth floor was newly renovated and very nice. It looked like everything was new and still smelled like fresh paint and new carpet. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The pillows are thick and the sheets are soft. The plasma TV have more cable channels than you would expect in a chain hotel. The free wireless internet was fast and reliable. The bath room was roomy, but lacked any name brand products. The only bath products they provided was a no-name shampoo and two bars of soap.
There are several other chain hotels in the area. I''ll probably stay somewhere else next time I visit Evansville.

• Liked — The beds are very comfortable. Newly renovated rooms.
  • Disliked — Cheap bath products. Free breakfast wasn't very good.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

This past weekend I stayed at the Drury Inn/Suites East on Crosspoint in Evansville, IN. My room was on the sixth floor and even though it stated it was a non-smoking room, it obviously had been at one time as it reaked of smoke. The carpet had stains everywhere and the wallpaper was coming off of the walls. Above our bed in the corners of the ceiling, it was flaking and looked like it could cave in at any time. The chairs were stained and very wore. And of cource the bedspread had stains all over it. The bathroom was tiny, you could barely turn around in it.
I expect much more from Drury as their rates are not cheap. I probably could have had a nicer room at a Super 8 or Days Inn. In the past year, I have stayed in 4 Drury Inn/Suites in different states. 3 out of 4 have been bad experienes. This was the final straw, I will be looking for a different hotel chain.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East? Share your experiences!