“Hoosier Hospitality Stumbled at H I Express” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3901 US 41 N, Evansville, IN 47711 (Formerly Drury Inn & Suites Evansville North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Carlyle, Illinois
“Hoosier Hospitality Stumbled at H I Express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I travel across the heart of the midwest for business. I decided to commit to a popular chain and make a conscious effort to book my stays at the Holiday Inn Express properties. The hotel at Scottsburg, IN impressed me. The Evansville, IN hotel DID NOT. I booked a single for a weekday. I checked in before 5 pm and was provided a comfortable room on the 2nd floor. Room was clean, reasonably well furnished and warmed up quickly on a cold winter evening. The front desk staff was adequate, appeared sensible, professional, and offered a warm welcome. The lobby dining area appeared comfortable, included an impressive large flat screen TV and up-scale tables and chairs with contemporary furnishings that would most likely provide a classy, hot breakfast in the morning. I was pleased.
However, around 11:45 pm I was awakened by loud noises in the third floor room directly above me - and it WAS NOT Santa and his reindeer. It sounded like the cast of Riverdance checked into room 315 and were dragging their stage equipment across the floor and practicing their closing number on the floor directly above my bed. It is challenging enough to get to sleep on the road, when you are in bed by 10, sound asleep and then wakened around midnight by guests arriving in a room directly above you - it is maddening.
It appears that the young man working the night shift at the front desk checked in some late arrivals and put them in the room directly above me. I noticed at "lights out" and again at sunrise that the hotel parking lot was nearly empty; signaling to me that the hotel was not fully booked.
With the morning alarm, I rose and headed down to the main floor to try out the tread mill in the exercise "closet" only to to be disappointed once again that the tread mill did not operate. I searched around the room and noticed a matchbook cover taped to the second tread mill with a tiny sign stating: "see front desk for key to operate the device" - WHAT! I gave up and climbed the stairs back to my 2nd floor room - briefly considered a soak in the hot tub but, unfortunately, it was closed for re-painting as the sign indicated.
So, if you find yourself at the Evansville, IN exit on I64 - I recommend trying the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: ASK FOR A ROOM ON THE 3RD FLOOR AT CHECKIN. Try the warm sweat rolls at breakfast; they are very go...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grand Blanc, Mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here December 8th on our way to Nashville and found the place to be very nice with very friendly employees. Price was $62 for the two of us with a light buffet in the evening (!) and a great breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again and recommend it to all. Any dirtiness as noted by other reviewers must have been due to the construction--it certainly is not dirty now!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel also during the soccer team stay, the hotel was packed. Everyone was having a great time and everybody was so polite. The staff all worked very hard to keep everyone happy and comfortable. Off course during a remodel there are going to b a few messes. But know its all for the better is exciting.,cant wait to see what all is accomplished. The owner is very hands on and all about customer satisfaction. There were animals tin the hotel and that's expected because they are pet friendly!! Which being a pet owner I can appreciate. I have stayed at this hotel off and on since 1996 and this year my 4 kids and I had a the best time yet. They really make u feel like Family! I would recommend this hotel over any and all hotels in Evansville, Henderson, and Princeton locations. God Bless All
Ttdog

• Stayed November 2013
Normal, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here with a girls' soccer teams for a weekend and once we arrived we tried to find a different hotel. When we drove up we noticed the front was run down and there was scaffolding around the building. Inside it looked like a dump. The carpet was FILTHY. You could actually see the dust on it. Our room was outdated and also very dirty. There was actual garbage from the last guest in the bathroom floor. No little bottles of shampoo, they just put a dispenser on the wall. And the toilet barely flushed and ran all night. The garbage was never emptied and the bed wasn't made during our stay. The fourth floor had an incredible urine scent. The team was told that a man with dogs has been there 3 weeks and won't leave. Stay away!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Winthrop Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This was the most Fabulous stay. The staff was so Incredible, they treated us like family. We we're in town to visit our family and they made my grandbabies feel so special. They went out of their way to meet every need we had. The hotel was very very clean and comfortable. It's location is excellent also. So YES were going back. Thank You to owner and staff for making our trip the best one yet.

• Stayed October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This motel is 10+ miles from the Interstate. It's an annoying extra drive with stop and go traffic the whole way. I checked into a single room at $62/night with tax. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There are no vending machines, no cold beverages or snack machines. If you want a snack or a soda you have to go to the gas station across a dangerous intersection with no crosswalk or stumble over dimly-lit railroad tracks to get to the other side. There is a Denny's next door. The gas station sells only warm beer. Supposedly its state law. They sell cold red wine and cold MD 20/20, but not cold beer. Welcome to Indiana!

Anyways, the motel room is a fair deal for $62 with free breakfast. There is an indoor pool, but that's all. Very boring stay-over. The motel is under construction and there is some dust, debris and building materials around the place that takes away from the atmosphere.

I was driving through the area again from Wash, DC and decided to stay at the motel again, mainly because I knew the price of the room. It was 9:00pm on a Monday and I didn't want any hassle. Lo and behold I was told the price of a single room is now $85 + tax. I explained to the front desk clerk that I had stayed here last week for $62. He asked if I had a discount. I said I have AAA membership. He said that they don't give discounts to AAA members. I told him that I have a Disabled Veteran card, but he again said that he cannot accept that. He asked if I had a CLC card. Its a voucher for road construction crews and that they get the room inclusive of tax for $52. He will give road workers $52 rate, but not to a disabled veteran. Thanks alot buddy!

Room Tip: Bring a hard hat and say that you're a road worker to get the best rates!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Fishers
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is now called Evansville inn and suits. Formally Dury Inn who we had no problem with. But the new owner informed us that visitors are not allowed and asked us to leave. when we went to get stuff out, the owner had the nerve to put his hand on our 14 year old girl and push her away from her door as she was trying to get her things. We called cops and we are pressing charges. No one should ever lay hands on a customer.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville? Share your experiences!