“Just tear this hotel down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41)
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   19600 Elpers Road, Evansville, IN 47711   |
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Soquel, California
“Just tear this hotel down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I'm going to echo my Yelp review:
For a Holiday Inn, I would've expected better.
The bedding was clean, but the pillows should have been thrown out years ago (lumpy is the only word I can use to describe it).
For someone that is 6' tall, I understand that the shower head might be a little shorter than I need, but it's a little ridiculous when the water is coming out below my chin.
We tried using the in-room heater, but it's as loud as a lawn mower (and smelled like something was burning).
The walls were thin enough for us to hear the conversation of the people in the next room. It was also thin enough for us to hear the metal clanging within the walls as well.
The breakfast was pitiful, but I'm not sure why I've been expecting anything more at budget hotels lately. The eggs were somehow goopy but also overcooked. The sausage left an oily coating on the inside of your mouth. The only upside is that you wouldn't have noticed these things because you had to wait 20min for each one to be brought out separately. I feel bad for the guy running the kitchen because the two people working the front desk were just talking in the front office while he did his best to get the breakfast out.

Just spend the extra $15/night for something that won't make you cranky in the morning. It's just not worth it.

Also, the gym has two old treadmills and an old elliptical.
The pool had water in it and looked clean. The hot tub did not have water in it, but somehow managed to grow a nice film of algae to cover the bottom.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are musty and need a deep cleaning. Just don't go here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41), responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Robert S,

IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Besides being located in a very convenient location for my stay, this hotel hasn't really been an enjoyable stay.

I'm typically not one to complain, but I feel that peow should be aware of the quality of the goods/services they are purchasing when they pay for a room here.

1). About 50% of my showers have been cold. I work in the oil and gas industry, so I need to shower upwards of twice a day on occasion.

2). The front desk lost my truck keys. I alternate shifts with my coworkers and we always leave our keys at the front desk in an attempt not to wake each other up when going to the rig. After two years of giving our keys to the front desk, this is the first time anyone has lost our keys. When I asked the attendant for them, she looked for a few seconds and said she didn't know where they were. She acted like she didn't care and that she didn't have to look for
them.

Everything else has been fine. The cleaning staff is thorough and friendly, and they leave nice notes and chocolates for the guests each time the room is cleaned.

If you like hot showers, don't stay here.

• Stayed December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41), responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Chrismorris009,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you found our cleaning staff friendly and their service exceeded your expectations. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Lombard, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The check is was very good. But it appeared later that her family was in the pool and that they were all gathered in her office.
The exercise room was very good. Broken equipment. And then if you wanted to use it you need a key to operate the machine. You just couldn't use your room key...?
Then to top it off the hot tub was out of order.
The next morning Brreakfast was late and I didn't receive a USA today paper either.

Room Tip: The room was $89.00 a night. I thought it was still a good value. But I did not return there the n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41), responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear baz197777,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am pleased you liked your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the facilities at our hotel. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I read the previous reviews and thought maybe things had changed since holiday inn shows that they respond to these reviews but don't be fooled, it should not carry the Holiday Inn name. When we come back next year, it will NOT be an option. The floor of our bathroom, room 201, was not clean nor the bed skirt of one of our beds. ( the bed closest to the bathroom). It had been dirty for a while with something sticky and over time things have accumulated on the skirt. I shook it off as much as possible but it should be checked by the staff if these are really read.
On a positive note, the staff was good and so was the breakfast. And there were chocolate kisses on our night stand with a sweet note from the one who cleaned before we got there.
Holiday Inn, please take note, there is a reason why these comments are so negative.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41), responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Lazybu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am happy to know that the breakfast served suited your liking and the service received was up to par. Please accept my apologies though if the condition of the room was less than satisfactory. Rest assured, we will use your feedback for upgrades needed.

Again, thanks for your review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G
Walton, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The room was fine. It was clean. The pool area was small and the hot tub was drained for "maintenance". Breakfast was really disappointing....the person supposed to stock everything was no where to be found and the front desk person was too busy to help. We waited for 20 minutes for forks, biscuits, and milk!?!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41), responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Michelle K,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience your breakfast experience may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Ghent, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had booked 2 rooms at this hotel for Saturday night 9-7-13. I had called ahead to let the hotel know we would be a late arrival. We arrived approx. 10pm. When I got to my room I noticed that there were cobwebs on the ceiling in the bathroom. There was debris behind the bathroom door. The carpet in the room was black from stains, I was very afraid to walk on the floor barefoot. The air conditioner was so filthy that it aggravated my asthma. The black out curtains were nasty. There was wallpaper pealing off the walls. Coffee maker brew basket was covered with coffee grounds. At check in Matt was very friendly, however the check in process was very slow which he blamed on the computer system. All in all not what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Matthew H, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41), responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I am sorry was not clean to your standerds. We have addressed your concerns & hope you give us another chance to prove it.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This property is not deserving of the name "Holiday Inn Express". The room was in poor repair with a hole in the bathroom wall, peeling paint on the bathroom ceiling, shower curtain rod that was falling off, and dirty carpets. My feet and socks turned black after walking on the floors. At breakfast the coffee was cold, there were no cinnamon rolls, the pancake maker was not working, and there were no boiled eggs. The breakfast area was hot, and the walls had peeling wallpaper that seems to have water damage. This was much more like a Motel-6 or a Super-8, not a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41), responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear scv0654,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall condition of your room and breakfast options may have caused you. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (I-64 & US 41)? Share your experiences!