“Good location but poor housekeeping!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Apar Inn and Suites

You added Apar Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Apar Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   19600 Elpers Road, Evansville, IN 47711 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good location but poor housekeeping!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Visiting family in the Evansville area, and while this location is on the outskirts of the city, it has very easy access on and off the interstate I was traveling. Reserved a King Bed Jacuzzi suite as I like to take a bath and relax after a LONG drive. Ran the bath water and after letting the tub fill for quite some time, went in to verify if the water was sufficient to start the jacuzzi. Wow! Nothing like having a wad of hair shoot out of one of the jets to gross you out. Once that happened, I started checking the room THOROUGHLY! There was dried urine on the underside of the toilet seat, and a body hair (from another person's nether region) on the sheet. A call was immediately made to the front desk, and the person on duty came up, cleaned everything and apologized profusely over the situation. She assured us that we would be refunded the cost of the room, but was unable to move us to another room as the property was full that night. The next morning spoke to manager on duty and she indicated she would be moving us to a different room. The room we were moved to absolutely sparkled. Just wish THAT had been our initial experience! Could be a good property if the housekeeping staff took pride in doing their job.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sarah K, Manager at Apar Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you very much or taking the time to write your comments. The items that you have mentioned regarding the cleanliness of the room has been addressed with our Executive Housekeeper. I am very glad that you were pleased with the next room you received, but regret that you had to deal with this on your stay with us and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
livermore ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our stay consisted of my 11 yr old and 9 yr old children, my sister and myself...we had a Jacuzzi suite and the rate was VERY reasonable...and the room was spectacular! The breakfast buffet was outstanding and very fulfilling and extremely clean! The maid service was also outstanding and friendly...Lacey was the maid that was on duty both days of our stay and she was a delight! The pool area is one of the best I have visited (in any INN I have stayed) and we totally enjoyed it....only thing is wish the pool was open later...(ex: midnight :) I will visit this Inn again in the future...I have some pics of the room/Jacuzzi/pool area that I gonna try upload....THANKS TO THE STAFF AT THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS NORTH EVANSVILLE for their kindness!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Eldorado, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We found this property to be clean, staff friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was very good for a complimentary breakfast (bacon, sausage gravy & biscuits, 4 cold cereals, two types of eggs, a selection of yogurts and juices, variety of breads and condiments, fruit and cinnamon rolls). You could tell the staff was really trying to make the stay comfortable and pleasant. They offered hershey kisses in the entrance and ice water with orange slices as you start to the rooms...both a refreshing treat. The only two minor complaints: 1. My husband felt the bed was a little soft (which of curse is a preference, not a problem) 2. They did not offer lotion as one of the complimentary toiletries which I have grown accustomed to receiving and did not pack leaving me without lotion. Next time we are in the Evansville area, this is definitely a property we will look to for lodging.

Room Tip: We requested double queen beds
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Was very upset, picked this hotel so we could have pool and hot tube and pool was freezing and you couldn't get close to it. The hot tub my bath was hotter then it. Didn't get a wake up call like we asked. Won't be back

• Stayed March 2013

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Apar Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Ragtrt27,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the pool and hot tub. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Spring Hill, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have never had this happen before: the desk staff couldn't find the rollaway we requested for 40 minutes, then a "manager" called and told us it was against Indiana law to have two double beds and a rollaway in a room, citing a violation of fire code. When we looked into it, there doesn't seem to be any such law. The staff was argumentative and unapologetic, and when we asked for the manager upon checking out we were told he was "off duty" and could not be reached. What kind of manager leaves the premises when he knows there is a customer service issue at hand? And why the strange lie? If they'd told the truth at some point (maybe a missing rollaway??) we could have accepted it as bad luck and stayed. Our experience was just appalling. It's too bad because the room seemed nice and clean.

We did receive a call from the innkeeper the next day. He was very nice, but unfortunately it was too little and too late.

FYI, the pool and hot tub were closed due to a botched painting job when we were there so call before you go...if you still want to stay here. :(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Apar Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear JenniInOz,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry about the policy regarding fire code and the poor customer service you received from our front desk. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
st.louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stopped on the way to Mid America Truck Show in Louisville. The room was clean and quiet. Located right off I64. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was good eggs biscuits/gravy sausage cereal. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Denny's across street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jenni R, Director of Sales at Apar Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I just wanted to take the time to thank you for coming and staying with us. We hope you decide to stay with us again when traveling through the area.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the hotel briefly as a stop over on a cross country trip. I think that we were there for 6 hours. Anyway, the hotel was clean and quiet, and the beds are comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful, which was nice because we checked in at 1130 pm and were ready for bed. I am not sure how this happened, but the amount I paid for my room was $10 less than what my quote was. All of those factors allow me to give it an excellent rating, even though I did not stay there for long. Just remember the affordable price when you stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jenni R, Director of Sales at Apar Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We are so glad that you decided to stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and liked our hotel. If you are ever in the area again we hope you decide to stay with us.

Been to Apar Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!