“Under Par for a Marriott property” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Satin John, IN
“Under Par for a Marriott property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn, which was suggested by the organization hosting our sporting event. Although this hotel "appears" to "cater to groups" they actually try, but they are falling short. This is a very "corporate-looking" area. Probably not suitable for families with younger kids.
As soon as we arrived, I was bringing in suitcases, and my kids were in the hallway with a balloon. The front desk attendant came to the hallway and stated that no kids were to be in the hallway unsupervised. The day shift workers tried to do everything to keep our kids entertained. Board games, handed out treats and drinks and good luck notes, very friendly and accommodating. However, as soon as the evening shift arrived, the front desk attendant began yelling at the group.I had just sat down on the patio (10 pm) with 5 other adults to have a bottle of water before going to bed, and she came out and said she was not going to tolerate another party on the patio until midnight.
The rooms were not very clean or updated. The cook top was dirty and rusty, as well as the outside of the refrigerator. The edges of the carpet need to be cleaned. There were a few bugs in our room that werent invited. There were rusty drip marks on the top of the closet.
The hot tub was broken. Although we werent particularly upset, there was a couple at the front desk that was not happy about it.
The good points were that the temperature control in the room was excellent, breakfast was very good, and the lobby area was updated and inviting. The rooms were a decent size too.
We didnt enjoy the inconsistencies at this hotel. I hope my review will cause them to take a better look at their faciltiy, cleanliness, and their staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor furthest from the pool were quiet and easy access to outside door and parki...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Michele T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
koobyack,

Thank you for your time! We appreciate your honesty!

I am happy to hear that our daytime staff members were friendly and that you enjoyed some parts of your stay. It does sadden me to find that you had struggles as well, and I want you to know that I will be sharing your review with our staff and that it will inspire improvements.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Michele T, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I got exactly what I expected from a Residence Inn. Room was clean and very comfortable, plenty of room for a family of 4. Breakfast in the morning was hot and staff kept up with the rush. Location very close to lots of restaurants and shopping, easy on and off I-164.

Staff was even more gracious and friendly than the typically excellent Marriott staff. They went out of their way to be welcoming and accommodating. I will definitely choose this hotel if I am in the area again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
mphopkins99,

Thank you so much for the AWESOME review!

We appreciate your time, attention and business!

I hope we see you again soon!

Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is my second business trip to the area and have stayed at the Residence Inn. The front staff are incredibly friendly and very accommodating. The rooms with the kitchen are roomy and great for a stay where you want to bring in your own food. The breakfast offers a good selection and there is always fruit and ice water available for guests. It was quiet and relaxing unless you wanted to join in at the pool. I would recommend the hotels to families and business travelers.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a kitchen it is very roomy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Crma418,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a great review of our property!

We enjoyed having you in house and hope to see you again soon!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here several times but the quality has certainly deteriorated. The maid service was pleasant but completely inadequate. There was an old piece of toast under the sink when I arrived and when I left a week later. They did not replace towels, shampoo, soap etc. When I complained for the third time that the room had not been vacuumed or the bathroom cleaned, they said they would have the manager speak w me which he never did. The exercise room equipment doesn't work. The only response from the hotel was to post signs asking patrons to go on trip advisor and tell everyone how great they are rather than address the issues. I will not be back.

Stayed June 2014
Charlie S,

First and foremost, thank you for your time, attention and business; we sincerely appreciate all 3. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay.

I want you to know that we will take your review and constructive criticisms to heart and use them as inspiration for changes to be made.

If there is anything that I may do for you, please contact me directly, as I am always happy to take a moment to speak with our guests.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

great for the family! really appreciated the full sized kitchen in the room! fridge even had ice maker!!! pull out couch was perfect for the kids. front desk staff was amazing - incredibly friendly and helpful. pool and basketball court were great for the kids. breakfast buffet was fresh and plentiful (fresh waffles, fruit, eggs, sausage and biscuits & gravy on the weekend). location was very convenient, the lobby, rooms and facilities were all very clean and everything (except the hot tub) seemed to be in really good repair. guest laundry is onsite and hotel is pet friendly. would definitely recommend for families!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the third floor, for a little more peace & quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michele T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
bluechef1,

Thanks so much for such an awesome review! I know the staff enjoyed having your family in house and we look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks again! Have a great day!

Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for almost 60 days for business.
The room was King Studio on 1st floor which was reasonably clean and comfortable.
House keeping is very thorough and they never screw up my baggages or shoes on the floor.
The hotel staffs are all nice.
They offer good food for happy hours with friendly environment.
I really enjoyed my stay there and I really recomment this hotel anybody.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SWoodJ,

Thank you so much for providing such a great review of our property!

It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We are pretty brand loyal to Marriott while traveling in the US but our experience at this Marriott was sad. I was ok with no linens for the hide a bed, just a oversight............ the tv wasnt plugged in, so hubby sluthed out the problem. Table lamp would not turn on either, it wasnt plugged in (prob because there are not enough outlets for 2014) so I used my phone in the dark to maneuver behind the night stand to get it plugged in but......... the hot tub was not working and even tho there is a Marriott Courtyard and Fairfield Inn a few hundred yards away, I was told they didnt know if I would be allowed to use them. We spent the day hiking, over 8 miles. I booked this hotel because it had an indoor hot tub. I asked an employee on check in where it was. Never told no go. I have stayed at this Marriott complex on business many times. First time I have been frustrated with the service. Did I mention only one wash cloth... minor but..........

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michele T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
HappyTraveler666,

I am so sorry that we did not satisfy you during your last stay. We work hard to make our guests comfortable and I am disappointed to find that we did not meet your expectations nor our own.

As you know, we cannot address a problem that we are not aware of. With this in mind, thank you very much for your feedback.

We hope to have you again in the future to showcase the improvements you have inspired!

Michele Thomas, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Evansville East? Share your experiences!