“very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Chicago, Illinois
“very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

great for the family! really appreciated the full sized kitchen in the room! fridge even had ice maker!!! pull out couch was perfect for the kids. front desk staff was amazing - incredibly friendly and helpful. pool and basketball court were great for the kids. breakfast buffet was fresh and plentiful (fresh waffles, fruit, eggs, sausage and biscuits & gravy on the weekend). location was very convenient, the lobby, rooms and facilities were all very clean and everything (except the hot tub) seemed to be in really good repair. guest laundry is onsite and hotel is pet friendly. would definitely recommend for families!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the third floor, for a little more peace & quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michele T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
bluechef1,

Thanks so much for such an awesome review! I know the staff enjoyed having your family in house and we look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks again! Have a great day!

Michele Thomas, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for almost 60 days for business.
The room was King Studio on 1st floor which was reasonably clean and comfortable.
House keeping is very thorough and they never screw up my baggages or shoes on the floor.
The hotel staffs are all nice.
They offer good food for happy hours with friendly environment.
I really enjoyed my stay there and I really recomment this hotel anybody.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SWoodJ,

Thank you so much for providing such a great review of our property!

It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We are pretty brand loyal to Marriott while traveling in the US but our experience at this Marriott was sad. I was ok with no linens for the hide a bed, just a oversight............ the tv wasnt plugged in, so hubby sluthed out the problem. Table lamp would not turn on either, it wasnt plugged in (prob because there are not enough outlets for 2014) so I used my phone in the dark to maneuver behind the night stand to get it plugged in but......... the hot tub was not working and even tho there is a Marriott Courtyard and Fairfield Inn a few hundred yards away, I was told they didnt know if I would be allowed to use them. We spent the day hiking, over 8 miles. I booked this hotel because it had an indoor hot tub. I asked an employee on check in where it was. Never told no go. I have stayed at this Marriott complex on business many times. First time I have been frustrated with the service. Did I mention only one wash cloth... minor but..........

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michele T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
HappyTraveler666,

I am so sorry that we did not satisfy you during your last stay. We work hard to make our guests comfortable and I am disappointed to find that we did not meet your expectations nor our own.

As you know, we cannot address a problem that we are not aware of. With this in mind, thank you very much for your feedback.

We hope to have you again in the future to showcase the improvements you have inspired!

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for 3 days and found it to be very accomodating, great location with the walking path around the pond. You can walk to Cracker Barrel, Texas Roadhouse. Lots of other dining very close by. Staff was very friendly - Amanda Duley was very helpful and pleasant. Beds & pillows great. Room layout very nice and the price was great. Will definitely stay here next time in Evansville.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
FloridaFamilyof5,

Thank you so much for your positive review!

We appreciate your time and business!

We hope to see you again in the future!

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We recently stayed here because we wanted a kitchen. It is located in an area that contains just about every chain hotel you can think of. From the outside it was apparent that this was an older Residence Inn. When I went in, renovations were underway in the hall off the lobby; the main public areas looked to have been renovated recently and were nicely decorated. The front desk attendant was friendly and efficient. When I got to my room - a one bedroom suite - I could see that it had not benefitted from recent attention. Most of the furniture was battered, the upholstery on the desk chair was torn, the lamp shade was dented, the kitchen looked to be about 20 years old (almond appliances, laminate countertops), cramped living room, small bedroom (but with nice, fresh looking bedding), tired-looking bathroom with plastic countertop. There was no luggage rack or place to out a suitcase. In the kitchen, there was no can opener. The sheer curtain in the bedroom was held up by drapery hooks poked through the top of the fabric in a makeshift solution to having the wrong window covering. But the bed was comfortable, and I slept great except for the periodic loud noise that sounded like a jet engine right in the room.
The next morning, we went down to the breakfast. It was no better than average for a property of this type, and not nearly as good as many other Residence Inns at which I have stayed. The price would have to be very, very good to entice me back here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michele T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
JJTOH,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to complete a review of our property!

We appreciate your acknowledgement of our amazing staff and will be sure to pass along your kind words.

As for the renovations, I am proud to inform you that our construction will continue on until every part of our property has received a full update. The entire project will be completed by next year!

Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again soon!

Kendra Hines, Guest Relations, on behalf of Michele Thomas, General Manager
Illinois US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've stayed in many Residence Inns since we enjoy having a kitchen and the extra space. This stay was in a studio room with a "queen" bed. It was a mini-queen at best and the room was noisy from a refrigerator that made noise each time it went on or went off- the room was so small this noise dominated the heater noise. It did not overcome the noise from the TV next door or the footsteps above. The staff is terrific at this location. A different room plan may yield better results. If left with a studio choice and on first floor again, I would pass. I would stay here again in a full size room on a top floor. Breakfast was pretty good, no yogurt and fruit selection was pineapple only. Breakfast was ready early which we appreciated.

Room Tip: Pick something other than studio, expect noise from above it on first floor. "Queen" bed i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I just stayed here for one night and used a reward night. The location is very quiet and right across from a beautiful lake. Easy to get to. I was upgraded to a 2 bdr suite and it was very spacious, as I was staying all by myself. Everything was fresh and clean. The front desk clerk was very sweet too. She was in Dental Assisting School and we had a nice chat. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Evansville East? Share your experiences!