“Excellent for long term stay!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Endicott, New York, United States
“Excellent for long term stay!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been staying at the Residence Inn for months, and I do have to say that the staff has been wonderful. They have improved the patio area to accommodate our large business group, which included additional tables and chairs, along with a brand new grill. The Monday thru Wednesday night’s manager’s socials are a wonderful way to end the work day. Scott, the breakfast and dinner representative will always put his best effort forward to make you feel like you are at home. This hotel has made me feel like I am at home and staying with family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler who stays exclusively with Marriott. When there is a not a full Marriott or a Springhill Suites in the market, I turn to Residence Inn by Marriott. This is because of the spacious studio suites and comfort of these hotels where I spend a week at a time. My choice of a Residence in this time is something I regret. The hotel is old, outdated and run down -- quite disappointing, in fact. My suite was cramped and featured out-of-date furniture and a neglected feel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, and I nearly always select Residence Inn properties when traveling with my children. This hotel had a good location for our recent trip to visit the Lincoln Boyhood home and birth sites. I booked a reward stay a couple days prior to our planned arrival for only a 1 night stay. Upon check in, the front desk agent was polite - but did not acknowledge my Marriott status or offer any type of upgrade.

The room was a bit worn, and the queen bed was the hardest, most uncomfortable of ANY Marriott I have EVER stayed in. The room was tidy, but not clean. There were some stray hairs in the restroom, a touch of toothpaste in the sink, and the dishes were not clean.

The air conditioning was LOUD! I did NOT get a good night's sleep.

Had this not been a reward (complimentary) stay; I would have complained or changed hotels.

One positive was the gentleman that took care of the breakfast. He took pride in his work! The food (although a tiny buffet) was fresh, and well tended.

Overall, there is a brand new Courtyard next door - I would probably book that property over the Residence Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
April T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your visit to the the Evansville area! I apologize for our service failures that you experianced during your stay. I have reviewed your feedback with our Leadership Team, if you would like to discuss further offline please feel free to contact directly at the hotel.

Thank you for stayig with us!
Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This property was mostly what I thought I was getting into. The reason we chose it was for the separate sleeping areas with a common living area. The lobby and staff were great offering a complimentary dinner and lunch including free beer and wine. You really can't find that anywhere else. The pool and hot-tub were clean and a nice spot to relax. I slepThe wifi signal was strong throughout the property and trust me we were on the very far end. The only downsides were that the rooms were very small although very clean. The housekeeping was prompt and kept everything very nice. I'd say the furnishings/carpet need a bit of an update and honestly the price is a bit high for Evansville. A great place overall if you are ok with paying a little more for a smaller room, free food and drinks, good wifi, and a great staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
April T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Good evening!

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to see you on your next visit to Evansville!
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I arrived in Evasnsville on a two day business trip just yesterday. There are plenty of inns and hotels nearby this eastern area of the city, so an "extended stay" type of place seemed unusual for a two-day business meeting, but I surmised that the other company who directed us here had their reasons. By the end of my trip, those reasons were not evident.
Clean? No. Other reviewers have written about this problem and likely in a better fashion than I can. I will add that when we left for a late afternoon meeting and notified the staff of our departure, the room was spruced up upon our return.
Breakfast? Sorry, it was available, but there wasn't that much available that I wanted. I agree that Scott provides good service and a great environment, but one man cannot be the only reason to stay especially when the front desk appears to be "Walking Dead" extras.
Price? Are you kidding? Yes, we booked a suite, but its size was about half of an extended stay suite I stayed at in Fargo, ND. Yes, Fargo, ND. The bed was advertised as king sized, but even describing it as a queen is a stretch. It was more like a full size.

• Stayed April 2013
April T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay on Trip Advisor! I apologize for our service failures at the front desk and in housekeeping. I have reviewed your feedback with our Leadership Team, if you would like to discuss further offline please feel free to contact directly at the hotel.

Thank you for stayig with us!
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel going on 7 months, the hotel is very clean and the staff is very helpful everyone goes out of their way to make sure you are happy, i do recommend this hotel to everyone i see, great place to stay, i look forward to meeting you when you get here.

Room Tip: Corner suites have full kitchens.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
April T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you so much for a great review! We are very glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us!

Thank you for your loyalty to the Residence Inn Evansville!
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have been very happy that I changed to this hotel in October of 2012. I rearranged my room, added another small table for more work space and now it's "My Room". No desire to move to any other place here in Evansville for the duration of my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel! Thank you so much for your business and for your loyalty to Marriott!

Been to Residence Inn Evansville East? Share your experiences!