“Worked for me..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Memphis, Tennessee
“Worked for me..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ive stayed at many hotels and the Fairfield is made for a stop over place. I think some think its a full service hotel when its more of a place to lay your head. This location is pretty nice...actually. Its newer and in good condition. (I've stayed at plenty other Fairfields).
The room was clean, bathroom was clean, breakfast was......breakfast (not high end, not crappy...just something to fill you up).
I would stay here again and the location is good too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mascoutah, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a great hotel for the price. We stay here when we go back home for visits or events. Friendly and accommodating staff, comfortable and clean rooms/beds, a great variety of hot/cold breakfast options, good exercise facilities, clean, outdoor pool. Highly recommend. I know there are some negative reviews, but honestly, we have not had a bad experience here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

In the interest of fairness the staff did it's best to appease me after I told them I was going to post my experience on trip advisor. They comp'ed' half the cost of the room as well as giving me extra bonus points. That being said here was my experience: The bed was comfortable and the room was fine. On the other hand the bathroom was a disaster. There were hairs in the tub, the floor mat was wrinkled as if it had been used (made me wonder about the sheets), the choice is the shower was hot water OR good pressure, there wasn't a stop in the drain and it there was some disgusting crud in the drain, the vent in the bathroom was black (not sure if it was mold or dirt) and there was paint peeling from the ceiling. As the lady at the desk was working with me, another man came through as he was leaving and commented on the ceiling falling down in his room. This may have been my last Fairfield stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
sooz0507, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn East Evansvile. As a hotel that is dedicated to excellent guest services, we value your feedback. We are committed to ensuring that all our guest experience a high quality and comfortable stay.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize regarding your experience with the lack of attention you felt housekeeping gave your room. I have discussed the situation with housekeeping managers, and am confident your feedback will ensure our housekeeping oversight will not be repeated.

You definitely deserve the best experience, and with your feedback, you have helped us idenitfy where we need to work harder to ensure we deliver on our guest promises. I would appreciate if you could call me directly so we can discuss this matter further. We would like the opportunity to win back your trust.

Susan Ellison
812-471-7000
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I booked this hotel after calling and speaking with an employee and asked if we could request a microwave and frig for our room since we have food allergies and needed to bring our own food. She said yes, put it on your notes on the reservation. I did...and was told at check in that they reserve those rooms for the larger rooms and I was not getting one. Breakfast looked blah..my husband said the sausage was cold. The hot water jug was empty. The two employees were running circles around people trying to fill things but really they needed more help. The front desk guy was useless--no personality just blah. They didn't replace things in the room as needed...we used the cups on our first night as well as the tissues and neither were replaced the next day. We had to ask for more towels...we had 2 adults and 2 kids in our room and had two washcloths and four towels. Really? That doesn't work. Also, it didn't appear as if they vacuumed our room. AND the bathroom rug/mat for the shower was not replaced. It was the little things that just added up for a blah experience. We are coming back to the area in July and I will look elsewhere for our visit then.

Room Tip: Obviously you have to pay more for a frig and microwave if you want one...wish that had been communi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
sooz0507, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn East Evansville.
You indicated you requested a refrigerator and microwave for your room but the room you were assigned did not have a refrigerator or microwave. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We have a limited number of refrigerators and microwave and unfortunately there are times when the request for them exceeds our inventory. Unfortunately, in addition we did not meet your-or our own-expectation in other areas during your stay. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
You're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. You indicated you would be returning to the area in the future, please contact me directly and I will personally assist with your reservation and make every effort to regain your trust.

Susan Ellison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Nice place but there is better in the area. My biggest disappointment is that a place of this caliber should at least provide a hair blow dryer to its guests. Seriously?! No hair dryers? This is the bulkiest thing a traveller has to carry and I haven't stayed at a place in YEARS that didn't have one mounted on the wall. Worst thing is the Fairfield site touts hair dryers in every room and when looking up the Fairfield Evansville East it mentions that their rooms have them. I won't be back here again.

Stayed April 2014
sooz0507, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Guest Satisfaction Survey about your stay at the Fairfield Inn Evansville East. As a hotel that is dedicated to ensuring excellent guest services, we value your feedback. We are committed to ensuring that all our guests experience a high-quality and comfortable stay.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize that our hairdryers are not hung on the walls, they actually hang in a bag in the closet area. Our apologies that this information was not communicated to you.

We enjoyed having your as our guest and look forward to your stay at Fairfield Inn Evansville East.

Green Bay, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We do alot of road traveling and I have to say I have never been MORE delited with a morning staff than at this hotel. Terrie the gal in the breakfast room was a pleasure to start our morning with followed by her and a trio of other staff at checkout. Rarely does a hotel leave sucn an impression upon me as this one. The location was awesome as we could just walk right over to longhorn steakhouse for dinner. The rooms were really nicely decorated and the beds very comfy. Thank you Fairfield staff for ending this vacation with pure smiles =)

Room Tip: No special preference. There were tons of kids there on this nite and the staff did a great job of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

When i first arrived, woke up to a bug in my bathroom…running toward me…with nosies in the walls all night…i complained and i was moved to a much nicer room and had a much better stay… Nice places to eat all around…my best part of the stay…her name is Terrie…she is the breakfast bar hostess and keeps us fed…I loved seeing her every morning…bright smile, and a heart to serve…if for no other reason to stay here….Terrie brings a joy to being away from home!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: no room service…not restaurant unless you count the breakfast bar…the room i was moved to was quite...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mo E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize regarding your initial assigned room and the unfortunate experience you dealt with. We shared your kind words regarding Terri, and she’s very appreciative to your positive feedback.

Mo El Ramahi
Guest Service Supervisor
7879 Eagle Crest Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47715
T: 812.471.7000 (Ext. 402)
F: 812.471.7007

Been to Fairfield Inn Evansville East? Share your experiences!