“Very Nice property, well kept!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shopping Extravaganza
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Evansville
Flora, Illinois
“Very Nice property, well kept!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

First Experience with this Hampton Inn location, but normally select their properties due to great history. I had a few disappointments but nothing terrible. I could have swore that online I had selected 2 Queen beds, but on arrival it was a King bed. The manager who was on, and working the front desk was quick to make the change and get us the proper room. There was some delay in checking in, as someone else had mentioned it appears they can only check in one person at a time, and there was another couple who were checking in. For a hotel this size, I would have expected a 2nd clerk and terminal to process arrivals. The guy who got us checked in, was very friendly and welcoming, he offered his experience and suggestions for eating locations in the area if we were interested. The room was well decorated and welcoming. The feel was more like a Hilton, but with the Hampton price. The 1st and only issue in the room, which I did not complain about was under the toilet seat someone had not cleaned very good, and there was dried urine on the ring of the toilet. There was nothing else wrong with the room. The rooms had a nice desk and closet area, with lighting inside on on top just under the ceiling. The Air worked fine, the room was equipped with a fridge and microwave. The internet was quality. The breakfast was a bonus which you sometimes do not get at Hampton Inn properties without an extra add on. The typical egg with cheese omelets, oatmeal, breakfast ham, breakfast potatoes, muffins, toast, bagels, juice, coffee and yogurt were available. There was plenty of seating in the breakfast area. The staff were even checking on all the hotel visitors asking if they were okay, and how their stay was, and offering to clear their trash. I was impressed with the responsive staff, and would love to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Brandon L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Evansville, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for your good review and kind words! I will let my Executive Housekeeper know of the issue in the room so that she can bring that up with her team and I appreciate you letting me know. I do appreciate all the nice things you said about our Front Office Team. We strive to treat every guest like family and let our "Hospitality Soar!" Come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
bennington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

spent the weekend to spend time with daughter. front desk was under staffed at time of check in with one person working with little experience. received room key for third floor but no room number on key, had to return to front desk.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I do apologize for this inconvenience. We do have a new front desk agent and I am continuing to train her. There is a lot to learn in the hospitality business and she is learning very quickly. I do again sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced and I do hope you come back and see us again!
Eads
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Everything was good, as usual! Long-time Hampton customer and have come to expect the excellent facilities and service Hampton represents. This stay was no exception. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the awesome review and very kind words! Come see us again anytime!
Kinmundy, IL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Facility is modern and clean, staff was friendly and helpful, room was very adequate for a family night stay, pool water was a bit cloudy, complimentary breakfast was pretty good for being free. Location is very close to a wide variety of restaurants....on-duty manager even gave us a list of recommended restaurants, which was very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I always want a good place to go eat when I travel so I want to make sure our guests get a good place to go eat! We do have an awesome location and thank you for the good review!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

You just always know what you are going to get at this hotel. It's a standard Hampton Inn. Very clean, relatively new.
Desk staff was very friendly and informative. Easiest part of my trip to Evansville was dealing with the Hampton.
Air conditioning unit is a bit loud, and they could use a few more tv channels. But, I'll be back here soon.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for the great review and kind words. We will be happy to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Checked-in and manager on duty saw our 2 kids and immediately gave them a box of crayons and a coloring postcard! Kids were so excited! Checked into the room and it was really nice. One downfall was that the room had a desk, which would've been fine, but this one was in a organizational unit connected to the closet. So unless you were front and center, hard to use, especially when trying to use as a family. Pool was nice and opened up to a large patio that overlooked a river. There was someone from corporate, I believe, walking around taking note of things that needed repair around pool room (like fogged up windows). Had a wonderful free breakfast which had a good selection to choose from.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brandon L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Evansville, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We love our pool as well! It is the largest in the Evansville area in all the hotels! I am very pleased you had a great stay with us and please come back and see us soon!
Davenport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Though as always the beds were comfortable, overall I was disappointed with this Hampton. The lobby was not air conditioned and very hot. When we registered the employee was abrupt and acted as if we were bothering her. The breakfast would have been good if they had not run out of the omlett and fruit. To take the place of the omlett they brought out their scrambled eggs which are always bad. The meat was very dry (a little water in the warmer would have made a world of difference). And again no air conditioning in the breakfast area so we were all sweating by the time we left the area. I do not think I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I do apologize that our A/C was out. We are currently working on that to get it fixed and I do sincerely apologize for that inconvenience. I have already spoken with the particular person you are referring to at my front desk and I can assure you that it will not happen again. My breakfast staff has been made aware of our standards and retraining is in progress. I thank you for taking the time to let me know because I am always looking for ways to make our guests more comfortable.