“Very satisfied” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Kinmundy, IL, United States
“Very satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Facility is modern and clean, staff was friendly and helpful, room was very adequate for a family night stay, pool water was a bit cloudy, complimentary breakfast was pretty good for being free. Location is very close to a wide variety of restaurants....on-duty manager even gave us a list of recommended restaurants, which was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brandon L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Evansville, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I always want a good place to go eat when I travel so I want to make sure our guests get a good place to go eat! We do have an awesome location and thank you for the good review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

You just always know what you are going to get at this hotel. It's a standard Hampton Inn. Very clean, relatively new.
Desk staff was very friendly and informative. Easiest part of my trip to Evansville was dealing with the Hampton.
Air conditioning unit is a bit loud, and they could use a few more tv channels. But, I'll be back here soon.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for the great review and kind words. We will be happy to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Checked-in and manager on duty saw our 2 kids and immediately gave them a box of crayons and a coloring postcard! Kids were so excited! Checked into the room and it was really nice. One downfall was that the room had a desk, which would've been fine, but this one was in a organizational unit connected to the closet. So unless you were front and center, hard to use, especially when trying to use as a family. Pool was nice and opened up to a large patio that overlooked a river. There was someone from corporate, I believe, walking around taking note of things that needed repair around pool room (like fogged up windows). Had a wonderful free breakfast which had a good selection to choose from.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brandon L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Evansville, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We love our pool as well! It is the largest in the Evansville area in all the hotels! I am very pleased you had a great stay with us and please come back and see us soon!
Davenport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Though as always the beds were comfortable, overall I was disappointed with this Hampton. The lobby was not air conditioned and very hot. When we registered the employee was abrupt and acted as if we were bothering her. The breakfast would have been good if they had not run out of the omlett and fruit. To take the place of the omlett they brought out their scrambled eggs which are always bad. The meat was very dry (a little water in the warmer would have made a world of difference). And again no air conditioning in the breakfast area so we were all sweating by the time we left the area. I do not think I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I do apologize that our A/C was out. We are currently working on that to get it fixed and I do sincerely apologize for that inconvenience. I have already spoken with the particular person you are referring to at my front desk and I can assure you that it will not happen again. My breakfast staff has been made aware of our standards and retraining is in progress. I thank you for taking the time to let me know because I am always looking for ways to make our guests more comfortable.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel a few times as we visit once a month or so. Both times we have visited the breakfast area is a disaster. This morning as we were leaving there was orange juice spilled all over the kitchen area, not a single table was available or clean. We ended up sitting at barstools against the windows only to find that countertop (and the countertops in the kitchen area with the food) covered with ants. Besides the mess in the breakfast area, the rooms are nice and recently redone however the thermostat was broken and kept resetting to a higher temperature than we liked. I think we will stay elsewhere from now on.

Stayed July 2014
I apologize that your stay was not the best. I have personally gone to my breakfast staff and retrained all of them to what our standards are. I appreciate you letting me know so that I can get that corrected. It sounds like your A/C issue could have been corrected with new batteries in your thermostat. All of my front desk staff are trained in how to do that. I do hope you come back and see us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have stayed at many Hampton Inns, as well as other hotel chains, and the front desk and breakfast room staff was the most accommodating, friendly and helpful of any I've ever met. This is an older building, but has been very nicely updated. The rooms are a bit smaller than new Hampton Inns, but not enough to make them cramped and hard to maneuver around in. It was very clean and comfortable. Beds were great, as Hamptons always are. Lots of good restaurants nearby. There were only two problems we had. First, we had a very difficult time making our reservation because the phone was not being answered. We had to try several times at different times of the day. We were there for a church convention and, if all the hotels in town had not been booked, we probably would have booked a different one. Second, we stayed for 3 nights and on the second and third day we left a note for the maid, asking for an extra towel and washcloth. We never got more than 2 sets and had to ask the front desk clerk for extra each day. By the way, we did leave the maid a tip every day. If not for these two things, I would have given this Hampton a perfect 10.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I do thank you for the great review. I have talked with housekeeping about the request for extra towels and it will not be an issue anymore. I do hope you come back and see us next year for your church event!
Evansville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is a great Hampton to stay at. Starting from my call for a reservation to checking in and asking for extra pillows to our check out it was a great relaxing stay! Clean, Quiet, Friendly experienxed staff! Great location also with lots of Restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review! We price ourselves on awesome guest service! Come back and see us!

Been to Hampton Inn Evansville? Share your experiences!