“Dangerous Side Entry at This Hampton Inn” 1 of 5 stars

Shopping Extravaganza
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Evansville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas
“Dangerous Side Entry at This Hampton Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn twice. Both times I tripped on the step at the side entrance. It came back to me after I did it this time. It is not marked with a yellow stripe so it is barely visible. I crashed my head with full force both times into the plastic guard that is over the key card slot. It protrudes about 8" from the wall. Almost lost my eye this time. My temple is still store. My back hurts and my new eyeglasses are badly damaged. The desk clerk said give her some ice. Gee, he didn't ask if I was even all right. He should have filed a safety report. Also, he should have called an ambulance. I was NOT all right. I may sue . I had to pay a guy here to fix my glasses and now they are missing some of the little stones. They don't make these anymore. . .

Then, some idiot took my sterile wash cloths that I use for my eyes out of the washer and threw them on their dirty counter. How do I know whose dirty hands were touching my laundry? I was so angry. They need to have a sign in sheet and a special key for the laundry room. I was waiting for some guy's clothes to dry for an hour. It wouldn't have gotten them anywhere to throw my stuff on the counter because they had to wait for me to dry my things after the guy with the hour-long drying time. Sheesh! What rude and selfish people. I will never stay at a Hampton Inn again.

The maid and the breakfast person were very nice. Other than that, I have no further use for them.

Room Tip: Do not book a room at the side door or at least don't use that side door--it's very dangerou...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

This is a very nice hotel its newly renovated and I loved it. The staff were extremely helpful, they went out of their way to assist me with my questions. The rooms were great and they have a managers reception every evening. Would give them a 10 if I could!

• Stayed October 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I have stayed he before. The staff has always gone out of there way to make our stay wonderful. We love the beds! The hotel is next to some water and the water foul are nice to watch. We rate this hotel 10 out of 10.
Sean
Smyrna TN

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel religiously for the past 3 years for work purposes. When it comes to hotels in Evansville I highly recommend staying here. The HGI next door is nicer, but also more pricey. This hotel is clean and is everything you have come to expect from a Hampton Inn. Hampton Inn has done a nice job of standardizing their hotels across the board.

The really nice thing about this Hampton is it's location. It is right near all of the restaurants and shopping. If you have to stay in Evansville, this is the best bang for the buck.

Room Tip: Gets really busy during the week because of business travel. Get online to request your room ahead o...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The Hampton Inn in Evansville had a very friendly staff. The accommodations were nice, clean and comfortable. They don't have double queens. Just standard double rooms. The sheets don't stay on the bed well. The complimentary breakfast is good to start the day and makes the value of the room even better compared to other hotels. It is covenient to concert sites and the casino. Lots of resturaunts and shopping options nearby. The hotel was even accommodating of our early departure without us asking. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Avon Lake, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The hotel accomodations are fine and similar to other Hampton Inns. It is conveniently located and several restaurants are in walking distance. The only problem was the lack of wireless internet in the room. You can connect through a hardwire, which we did, but we brought more than one laptop. Apparently you can connect to wireless in the lobby but we did not try that.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Butlerville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Convenient location with plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. Friendly reception and lots of space in this property. Nice pool area and fitness area. Continuing the Hampton and Hilton tradition of excellence. I plan to return when in town for business.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Evansville? Share your experiences!