“One & Done ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7101 US Highway 41 North, Evansville, IN 47725 (Formerly Marriott Evansville Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
“One & Done ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Personally I'm not overly impressed with this IHG property.
The reviews from advisors are mostly accurate.
Ranked ninth on Trip Advisor in city is probably accurate over all.
Staff was friendly and everything looked clean.
The airport is two minutes from here.
They just miss the mark in some areas. To the average non business travels, you probably won't notice any short comings.
Business travelers will see where some stuff is done on the cheap compared to other properties.
I discovered in the morning that they did not replace the coffee in my room (that sucked).
Lack of outlet plugs and the ones that are there are loose. Signs of poor craftsmanship when installing new finishing over the old.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are always grateful to our guests for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. We strive to be the best in our delivery of customer service and are always looking for ways to exceed our guests expectations. We hope you will choose us in the future.

Stacie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Zionsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Made a last minute booking using priceline and had some doubts about the property based upon having seen the exterior of the property on other visits to the area. I arrived just after a major snow storm and appreciated the lot being plowed and the sidewalks shoveled with a dose of salt added for providing pedestrians safe walking. Seems like common sense, but not always so well executed. Good job!
Greeted as I walked through the door and a pleasant lady quickly checked me in. As i walked through the first floor common area i noticed the interior did not live down to the appearance of the exterior. In fact, the area was clean and pleasant. Considering a full size indoor pool is within this area i was surprised at the lack of a chlorine mildew odor. The room was clean, fully operational and the bed comfortable. No exterior noise, even though the airport runway is just outside the rear of the building.
The next morning i noticed the pool was in use by several guests and the daylight confirmed my positive opinion of the hotel interior.
I will return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for a great review. We appreciate hearing a job well done on the snow removal, it can be quite a challenge sometimes! We hope to see you back as our guest soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Recently stayed here for business. I hadn't stayed at this hotel since it was converted over to a holiday inn. The updates are great and it really seems like an entirely new hotel. The lady who checked me in was probably once of the nicest hotel employees I have ever encountered. The room was clean and nice. The beds were comfortable and I couldn't have asked for a better room. Since it is an atrium hotel, the smell of the chlorine from the pool lingers everywhere. There were a lot of teenagers who were staying at the hotel and they spent the entire night sprinting up and down the halls and yelling. I realize this isn't the hotel's fault, but it was just annoying and make it hard to sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay, we appreciate you taking time to let us know how you are doing. We will use your helpful comments to ensure we are working as hard as possible to make sure every guest enjoys their stay. We hope to see you back soon!
Loogootee, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I went to the hotel for the NYE party. The place was packed with families/kids/couples. I was worried about the noise, but it was not a problem at all. The hotel was nice. It was up to date and clean. The rooms were nice. Breakfast was really nice. The staff was fantastic. The NYE party was in the ballroom, so it was away from the family crowds around the pool. I didn't care for the band at the NYE party, but other than that it was a good time.

I would recommend staying here for pleasure or for business. It's a really nice hotel and the great staff made it even better!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for bringing in the 2014 at our hotel! We look forward to having you back next year...and we will be bringing in another option for our entertainment that evening as well:)
Jasper, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was the 2nd year in a row that we spent hear at the Hotel. Although there was a bit of a mixup in communications between what I thought was going on and what was actually scheduled for the NYE package, the ladies it the front desk was able to straighten everything out in a very timely manner. The rooms and common area’s were clean and had no odors even though this is an older hotel. The room was nice and large, bathroom a bit on small side – but we didn’t spend much time in there. We had a inside facing room where we sat on the balcony for a while at different times and watched the people and kids. The NYE party was GREAT. A lot of families bring their kids for group NYE and party in the courtyard. When you went to your room and closed doors & curtains you would never know someone else was there even though the place packed with kids and party goers. Good food, only thing missing was the waffles, but that was not a big deal. We do plan on going back again for 2015 NYE party.

Room Tip: Only reasion I gave Sleep Quality a 4 was because I am use to a much softer bed.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We cant wait to have you back as our guest to ring in 2015! Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel when bringing in the New Year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had a date night with my husband here at the Holiday Inn Airport. We have no complaints. Everyone was very friendly. This is the best hotel I have stayed at. We stayed in a room with a king sized bed...the room & bathroom were very clean & spacious. Everything was upgraded (not old fashioned) from our bed spread to our flat screen TV. We had a balcony that looked over the lobby. The heated pool & hot tub was very nice. They have a restaurant there, a bar, & offer room service. We had a really good complimentary hot buffet breakfast in the morning. On the buffet they had eggs, ham, sausage, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal along with cereals, muffins, pastries, bagels, etc. Milk, orange juice, tea, & coffee to drink. This is the perfect hotel for anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for a great review! We hope you and your husband come back to our hotel and enjoy another great getaway soon!
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel. I got a really good deal on the room so price was great for me. But even the normal price I feel would have been acceptable. My most important thing I think I need to mention is they DO have a hot tub! I didn't know this so I didn't bother taking my swim suit but we sat on the side and soaked out feet so it worked out. The pool was VERY warm which is awesome and hard to find from the places we've stayed so the boys (ages 9 & 12) really enjoyed that. They have a couple of tables and some chairs and loungers around the pool area. We also had a pool side ground floor room which was awesome! SO easy to get to the pool. They have special towels for the pool area which I liked so we didn't have to use our bath towels. I also like the fact that one of the lamps in the room had outlets made into it so it was nice and easy to plug in our laptop. This would have been handy to have something like this on the night stand to charge phones but we worked it out. They use bath and body products in the bathroom which is a nice little perk. The tv was nice, flat screen. We had 2 queen beds that were quite comfy and fluffy pillows, although a bit too much for me. When we checked in the girl gave us the free WIFI code which worked just fine. The rooms are a bit dated and this isn't the cleanest place I have stayed. All in all I would stay here again. There are a few fast food restaurants close by and there is a restaurant in the hotel that offers room service (which we did not use so I can't comment on food). But the breakfast buffet was good and consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage patties, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, toast, potatoes, oj, milk, and coffee.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to pool get a poolside room. If you get groundfloor they have sliding doors...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We are so happy to hear that you were able to make time for a little getaway! The holidays are a great time to find excellent rates and offers and also a great time for a getaway in the midst of all the hussle and bussle! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!