“Good place to stay in Evansville, IN.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel

You added Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7101 US Highway 41 North, Evansville, IN 47725 (Formerly Marriott Evansville Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Evansville
Cleveland, OH
“Good place to stay in Evansville, IN.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was in Evansville on business. I stayed at the Holiday Inn there. It was formerly a Marriott. I stayed there when it was a Marriott as well. It is fine. The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. I was quickly picked-up by the hotel shuttle from the airport, no more than 5 minutes away. The room was clean and quiet. The restaurant for dinner was fine. Breakfast was fine as well. As I have to return to Evansville on business I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stacie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty, the best compliment we can get is when a guest tells us they will return! We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean and maintained. Pool is inside with special lighting effects. Comfortable. Nice staff. Will stay again. Good parking well lite. Inside rooms look over indoor court yard. Hot tub and pool are in the courtyard.

• Stayed March 2013
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for you great feedback. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Evansville!
Alto Pass, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

spacious rooms, open atrium, balconys, coffee ready in foyer and just about everything you need except breakfast. the desk clerk was very nice and friendly.didnt really stay long enough to check it out.

Room Tip: we didnt choose but was very satisfied on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Stacie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay! We are very pleased you enjoyed your experience so much and look forward to having you back as our guest soon!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed in the holiday inn at Evansville airport 4-5 times now, and after my most recent stay feel that I should leave some feedback.

The hotel is undeniable convenient and reasonable value for money. The rooms are in good condition, but wanted to share a few gripes I encountered (not the first time either in some cases)

The pool is in an odd location - right in the middle of the open-plan ground floor. It is looking very tired now - particularly the jacuzzi which looks like it was popped out of a cement mould some-time in the 19th century. Similarly the entry to the pool area is shabby, door handles falling off (on to my toe - ouch - lucky them I'm not the 'suing' type) and concrete protruding from parts of the floor. Not great for kids.

One evening I noticed a number of kids late around the jacuzzi - fine - but the following day was disgusted to find half-chewed pizza crusts and candy wrappers around the pool area. It had obviously not been attended to by staff, or the cleaning staff simply don't care. We are talking about food waste being scattered on the floor next to the jacuzzi until the following afternoon, when I went down there (with my children, who were equally disgusted) and swept the mess away myself.

There was also no info pack in my room (room service menu etc) - fortunately I had two rooms and the other had one. Not ideal for a single traveller though. Or is it...? Having ordered a simple steak, I was intrigued by what was brought to me. It looked like a giant lamb kofta - mincemeat re-formed into a giant sausage shape. I guess it was (once capable of being) a steak, but it was terrible quality, badly cooked (medium-rare, felt like rubber) and tasteless. The chips had been re-fried at least twice, overall the meal was pretty much inedible. I was starving but could not bring myself to eat more than a few bites.

The breakfast spread in the morning was appreciated and is low-key, with serving staff being very friendly and helpful - much appreciated.

On my final day I was going to take a shower prior to a long say travelling. Sadly there was no hot water - I mean NOTHING came out of the tap. (For the record - management if you're reading this/give a hoot - it was 5th floor on 4th March 2013)

This is appalling by any standards.

I mentioned it when checking out and was told - yes they must be doing some work - I'm sure it will come on later. You mean when I'm thousands of miles away on a plane? Great!!!

Between the condition of the pool and the blase attitude of the reception staff towards the lack of hot water - this place has lost my business.

The pool area (and bathrooms in the rooms) are in desperate need of refurbishment, and I draw the line after my last stay.

To put it bluntly, the quality of this hotel was embarrassing. No hot water??? Seriously???? And not even a proper apology or offer of compensation?

I hope they can get it together and improve things as it's a convenient location and quite a nice building (very open plan, catches the afternoon sun).

But until then... I will be staying at one of the (many) alternatives nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay, we will look into your concerns so we can continue to improve our service and facilities. We would love to have you back as our guest, and will work hard to continue increasing our service levels and be able to deliver to you a great guest experience.
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Although I live only 2 miles from the hotel, my family chose to 'get-away' for a night. Thank you Ted, Tamara, and Judy (Breakfast) for a great break from the daily grind. The hotel renovation looks spectacular and certainly appears more user friendly than it ever did as a Marriott property. Great job!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! We enjoy hearing from our guests and I will be happy to pass along your comments to our team members!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for one evening for my husbands birthday. I was not overly impressed. While we did have a nice person checking us in, the man that was there later on was very rude and impersonal. I did not like how there was not any information on the hotel or things to do in the area. The pool was closed by 9:30 on a Saturday night. That was the part we were looking forward too. Also our toilet hardly flushed and the shower had a drip so it sounded like a ringing noise, all night.

• Stayed February 2013
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel used to be part of the Marriott and now Holiday Inn still keeps up the quality. Rooms are clean, friendly staff, easy to get to airport, good breakfast area, and knowledgable front registration staff. Great place to bring the kids for swimming pool.

Room Tip: Some early morning noise because of airport but still an excellent hotedl.y
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family