“Great hotel for business trips” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7101 US Highway 41 North, Evansville, IN 47725 (Formerly Marriott Evansville Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 35 hotels in Evansville
Carmel, Indiana
“Great hotel for business trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here last week while in town for business. I recieved excellent service. The location is a little distant, but overall a nice place to stay. The breakfast could have been beter. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel, we appreciate your business and are excited to hear you would stay at our location again when you are in Evansville. We value your business and look forward to serving your lodging needs the next time you are in Evansville.

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Owensboro, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very convenient to the airport for an early departure the rooms are ok, the staff not very well trained in customer service, I would say staff not customer service oriented, they seemed young and annoyed that you ask questions or ask for help, pricey but you pay for the convenient location close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. The information you have provided to us is a valuable opportunity to improve our hotel service. I would like to apologize for the level of customer service you experienced, it is certainly not the level of service we strive to offer our guests. Your comments will help us address these issues so that other guests do not have to experience this level of customer service. I hope you will accept our apologies, and the next time you are in Evansville please give us another chance to show you our true service spirit.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel the other night for a business meeting. I flew in to meet a colleague and we had both a dinner and breakfast meeting at the hotel.

When I first walked into the hotel, It was VERY impressive. Check in was quick, staff was courteous.

Went to the bar to meet with my colleague who was already sitting at a table. We sat at the table unacknowledged for several minutes. We finally had to go to the bar and grab one of the 7 employees behind the bar and ask them to wait on us.

Later when needing my drink refilled my waitress did not come so i went to the bar and got a refill myself. I could see that 3 of the ladies were in discussion about something when one lady threw her hands up in the air and said "shoot me now" and walked away. I have no idea the content of this conversation, but just thought it was a lil unprofessional in front of a bar full of people. Later I learned the young lady throwing the temper tantrum was the bar manager for the evening.

My room was clean and comfortable, but its getting tired. The carpet and drapes were a bit dated.

With all this being said I WOULD stay here again as I am in the Customer Service business and understand we can all have an "off" night. The location to the airport is excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear David P,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I'm pleased to know that the check-in staff was quick and courteous. I am sorry to hear that the service you received from the bar was unacceptable. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed 3 nights and found the service great. The breakfast is well above the other places we have stayed. The atrium lobby has a everything ... pool, spa, bar, business center, etc. We definitely will return.

It's a great place for business meetings and well as special occasions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Only spent one night but found it to be very accommodating. Everything was remodeled. Lobby was done very well. Indoor pool looked inviting, clean, but did not use it. New bar and restaurant looked great also but did not use them. Check in and out went very smooth and quick. Rooms were clean with new furnishings.Windows were clean. Bed and sheets were comfortable. Room service was quick and actually good. Not much to pick from on the menu but at least they offer it. Nothing within walking distance except Dairy Queen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had to stay here overnight because they were the only hotel we could find with a room so we could go to Holiday World the next day. The outside seems nice from a distance, but is dirty when you get close to the property. The windows all around the building, inside and out, are dirty. The room was clean enough, however a couple of small stains on the rug that appeared to be blood. Requested an air mattress since they did not have the 2 queens we were promised, and got a rollaway instead. The rollaway mattress was disgusting. Bathroom wallpaper was peeling and stained. Got very little good sleep since there were several very loud-mouth kids running up & down the hall until 1 AM in the morning. (no joke.....til 1 AM) Could not call the front desk to complain because I was sandwiched in a king bed between two teenagers that were trying to sleep. Only thing I liked at this hotel was the morning breakfast buffet, which was very good. I will try to plan better next time because I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Andrew W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us this past week, the information you have provided to us is a valuable opportunity to improve our hotel service. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay, I am happy to see that you were pleased with the breakfast buffet. The renovation of the hotel is now complete and we hope that when you’re in Evansville next time you will please give us another chance to show you our true service spirit.
BRENTWOOD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Now, THIS is quite the lobby! Atrium roof, swimming pool & spa, restaurant, glass elevators, etc. all in one large space. We got a great deal on Priceline Express the afternoon of our stay. The room was spacious and clean, altho both my wife and I found the mattress to be quite firm. Both of our backs were a bit stiff in the morning, and that usually never happens to me. We never picked up any pool noise, since our room was on the outside. But we never noticed any noise anyway.The breakfast buffet is exceptional, with good food, white tablecloths, and wonderful serving ladies who were almost too willing to help (I turned down juice four times!). Altogether we were impressed and would be willing to give the beds another chance.

Room Tip: We usually do as well as we can price-wise by using coupon books, Kayak, or Priceline Express.