“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Although I only spent one night I really enjoyed my stay. Check in was flawless. Room was exceptionally clean and the king size bed was comfortable. Enjoyed the free WiFi. The hotel has a Hugh indoor swimming pool unfortunately I didn't I didn't bring my swimming suit. The Steeplechase Restaurant was quite good and the breakfast buffet was outstanding.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Flawless friendly check in. Suite was spacious, however had a curiously small bath. Bath was hospital clean. Bedding was very comfortable. Well appointed breakfast of good quality. Definitely is on my return list for my next visit to Southern Indiana.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mount Carmel, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel itself is in need of a face lift. The rooms are small but very clean. The bed was comfortable. The shower was nice and had really good hot water. It's just out dated. It looks like something from the 80s, or 90s. Our rooms didn't even have flat screen television, which wasn't a huge deal. The pool and hot tub made our night here. The pool is huge, the biggest indoor hotel pool I've seen. There were two wedding receptions at the hotel that night but it still didn't feel crowded. We would stay here again but only if we wanted to swim. The breakfast was really good as well. The cafe was not worth it for dinner though, go elsewhere to eat dinner.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel is in need of upgrading to the 21st century. Automated front doors would make a world of difference as you are struggling to pull your luggage, balancing multiple items in your hands, while trying to open two sets of doors to enter the lobby. At check-in the front desk clerk wasn't very welcoming and friendly, but rather very matter of fact and to the point. I was actually surprised at how large the hotel was as I walked down a long hallway and past a conference/pool area in order to get to my room. Once again I was greeted by two sets of doors to get through to access the hallway. The room was small, but clean and comfortable. I felt as if I stepped back in time when I entered the bathroom to see a full size tub and shower with sliding glass doors on a metal track. It's been awhile since I have seen one of those. Although outdated, the water pressure was excellent and the water was almost immediately hot coming out of the faucet. My room was right next to the double doors leading into the hallway, so I was worried it might be loud during the eveining hours. I heard not a sound all evening except for the hum of the airconditioning unit and the sounds from the t.v. I took advantage of the fitness center, which has two elipticals, two treadmills, and a universal pulley machine. This is probably one of the few areas in the hotel recently updated as the equipment seems to be fairly new and tecnologically equipped. The highlight of the stay is the hotel's restaurant. Each time I visit Evansville, my lunch stop is their lunch buffet. If you're expecting a Golden Corral type buffet, this one isn't for you. It's a true soup and salad buffet (there is a wonderful dessert table too). Everything is fresh, colorful, and clean. To top off the good food, you can also expect great service with a smile. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but the breakfast buffet is excellent as well!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
St. Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Been around a long time but they continue to offer a great deal. Best breakfast around. And great staff. Stay there often and it is a great location with many dining options near by. Can't beat the price for the value you receive .

• Stayed May 2014
Franklin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel and rooms are part of an older large conference center, with a huge indoor pool, and surrounding area. While of an older design everything was clean, and comfortable. This was our 2nd stay. Both times we were given a $5.00 coupon for evening bar/food use. The Breakfast is excellent. Two types of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, potatoes, juice, milk, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We found the hotel staff very pleasing from beginning to end. The room was clean and comfortable as well, with multiple-type pillows. If you're looking for the newest hotel on the block, this won't be it, but for the money, we found it a great deal. Two additional positives: 1) The Cafe in the hotel served a very fresh salad, potato, and soup bar. The locals had the place packed which told me it was a great place to eat. 2) I had to stay an additional four hours beyond check out waiting for my husband to pick me up. The staff gave me an additional two hours in my room, and then I waited in the lobby after lunch at the Cafe. There, I observed the kindness to me and to everyone who checked in. We will be back.

Room Tip: It's a large hotel, so for quietness, you may opt to get away from the enclosed pool area. I not...