“It was okay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Mount Carmel, Illinois
“It was okay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel itself is in need of a face lift. The rooms are small but very clean. The bed was comfortable. The shower was nice and had really good hot water. It's just out dated. It looks like something from the 80s, or 90s. Our rooms didn't even have flat screen television, which wasn't a huge deal. The pool and hot tub made our night here. The pool is huge, the biggest indoor hotel pool I've seen. There were two wedding receptions at the hotel that night but it still didn't feel crowded. We would stay here again but only if we wanted to swim. The breakfast was really good as well. The cafe was not worth it for dinner though, go elsewhere to eat dinner.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel is in need of upgrading to the 21st century. Automated front doors would make a world of difference as you are struggling to pull your luggage, balancing multiple items in your hands, while trying to open two sets of doors to enter the lobby. At check-in the front desk clerk wasn't very welcoming and friendly, but rather very matter of fact and to the point. I was actually surprised at how large the hotel was as I walked down a long hallway and past a conference/pool area in order to get to my room. Once again I was greeted by two sets of doors to get through to access the hallway. The room was small, but clean and comfortable. I felt as if I stepped back in time when I entered the bathroom to see a full size tub and shower with sliding glass doors on a metal track. It's been awhile since I have seen one of those. Although outdated, the water pressure was excellent and the water was almost immediately hot coming out of the faucet. My room was right next to the double doors leading into the hallway, so I was worried it might be loud during the eveining hours. I heard not a sound all evening except for the hum of the airconditioning unit and the sounds from the t.v. I took advantage of the fitness center, which has two elipticals, two treadmills, and a universal pulley machine. This is probably one of the few areas in the hotel recently updated as the equipment seems to be fairly new and tecnologically equipped. The highlight of the stay is the hotel's restaurant. Each time I visit Evansville, my lunch stop is their lunch buffet. If you're expecting a Golden Corral type buffet, this one isn't for you. It's a true soup and salad buffet (there is a wonderful dessert table too). Everything is fresh, colorful, and clean. To top off the good food, you can also expect great service with a smile. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but the breakfast buffet is excellent as well!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
St. Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Been around a long time but they continue to offer a great deal. Best breakfast around. And great staff. Stay there often and it is a great location with many dining options near by. Can't beat the price for the value you receive .

• Stayed May 2014
Franklin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel and rooms are part of an older large conference center, with a huge indoor pool, and surrounding area. While of an older design everything was clean, and comfortable. This was our 2nd stay. Both times we were given a $5.00 coupon for evening bar/food use. The Breakfast is excellent. Two types of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, potatoes, juice, milk, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pearisburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We found the hotel staff very pleasing from beginning to end. The room was clean and comfortable as well, with multiple-type pillows. If you're looking for the newest hotel on the block, this won't be it, but for the money, we found it a great deal. Two additional positives: 1) The Cafe in the hotel served a very fresh salad, potato, and soup bar. The locals had the place packed which told me it was a great place to eat. 2) I had to stay an additional four hours beyond check out waiting for my husband to pick me up. The staff gave me an additional two hours in my room, and then I waited in the lobby after lunch at the Cafe. There, I observed the kindness to me and to everyone who checked in. We will be back.

Room Tip: It's a large hotel, so for quietness, you may opt to get away from the enclosed pool area. I not...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I booked a room at the Clarion Inn and Suites in Evansville, IN because they were the only hotel I found with a small pool for my infant son. We were beyond happy with the pool, room, and staff! Everyone was so friendly and welcoming! We will be staying there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our room key had not worked several times & we had to keep getting replacements, well my grand kids stayed today & I took them swimming, which the pool was freezing, which I thought was awful!! And there were NO towels in the swim area the whole time we were there. The kids didn't even wanna swim because it was so cold & kids always wanna swim. We brought food to one of the tables for the kids because our hotel key wasn't working, so the kids were eating and then swimming. Not eating in the pool but at a designated area away from the pool. We were approached by what I say would be a janitor, he told us that we couldn't eat in the pool area and I told him about the key incident and he said as soon as you get a new key, you have to take your good back to your room. Fair enough. So about 10 minutes later, he came back with a woman whom announced herself as "the owner", she was snippy from the get go, said we're not allowed to have food in the pool and we need to get it out immediately! I then start to take the food out of the pool area along with some of my clothes. I sit the food which was in bags on the ground to get my clothes and I turn around and she is throwing all the food in the trash can. I yelled out at her and she said "the food was sat by the trash, it's trash". I was so mad, I had words with her and she was the rudest person I have ever come in contact with. She then left and later we went to the front desk where we overheard her talking with the staff about us as if she were a damn teenager. I will NEVER go to this hotel again, we were paying customers and were treated like trash.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!