“Comfortable and Adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Comfortable and Adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We found the hotel staff very pleasing from beginning to end. The room was clean and comfortable as well, with multiple-type pillows. If you're looking for the newest hotel on the block, this won't be it, but for the money, we found it a great deal. Two additional positives: 1) The Cafe in the hotel served a very fresh salad, potato, and soup bar. The locals had the place packed which told me it was a great place to eat. 2) I had to stay an additional four hours beyond check out waiting for my husband to pick me up. The staff gave me an additional two hours in my room, and then I waited in the lobby after lunch at the Cafe. There, I observed the kindness to me and to everyone who checked in. We will be back.

Room Tip: It's a large hotel, so for quietness, you may opt to get away from the enclosed pool area. I not...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I booked a room at the Clarion Inn and Suites in Evansville, IN because they were the only hotel I found with a small pool for my infant son. We were beyond happy with the pool, room, and staff! Everyone was so friendly and welcoming! We will be staying there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our room key had not worked several times & we had to keep getting replacements, well my grand kids stayed today & I took them swimming, which the pool was freezing, which I thought was awful!! And there were NO towels in the swim area the whole time we were there. The kids didn't even wanna swim because it was so cold & kids always wanna swim. We brought food to one of the tables for the kids because our hotel key wasn't working, so the kids were eating and then swimming. Not eating in the pool but at a designated area away from the pool. We were approached by what I say would be a janitor, he told us that we couldn't eat in the pool area and I told him about the key incident and he said as soon as you get a new key, you have to take your good back to your room. Fair enough. So about 10 minutes later, he came back with a woman whom announced herself as "the owner", she was snippy from the get go, said we're not allowed to have food in the pool and we need to get it out immediately! I then start to take the food out of the pool area along with some of my clothes. I sit the food which was in bags on the ground to get my clothes and I turn around and she is throwing all the food in the trash can. I yelled out at her and she said "the food was sat by the trash, it's trash". I was so mad, I had words with her and she was the rudest person I have ever come in contact with. She then left and later we went to the front desk where we overheard her talking with the staff about us as if she were a damn teenager. I will NEVER go to this hotel again, we were paying customers and were treated like trash.

• Stayed March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I travel all the time for work. I booked my hotel on choicehotels.com. When I arrived at the hotel, they were so polite and very thoughtful. Alexa the manager was there as well, she greeted me, so friendly, generous all together is was a great welcome! SHe offered shuttle to the casino, (which i took advantage of) they dropped me off and picked me up!! I cannot express enought the AMAZING EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH CLARION, EVANSVILLE. I would recommend this hotel a MILLION times over!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor no problems at all
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I will never go back to the Clarion Inn in Evansville Indiana! First and foremost...I have severe allergies. I can only use one laundry detergent and fabric sofetener. I told them about it before we arrived. They said they would take care of it..no feathers..prepared rooms by triple rinsing linens in hot water. They said it would be taken care of. I was quoted a total price. So..I get to the hotel. Its not prepared and they did not honor the quote I was given on ths phone. I went to the rooms. They were not connected. I called and asked to change to rooms that were. Ok...we were given new rooms. I went to get new keys and the family moved everyhthing to the new rooms. I get to the desk to get my keys and right in front of me they give my roons away to another guest. I told them and thet didn't care. Just gave me two other rooms. So everythung had to be moved again. I was angry! They told me they would get the new linens to our new rooms. I told them to have a manager call when they finally got in. She did...told me they can't prep the linens for allergies and would not change the rate. There was mold in the pool area. For the third time the pool was like ice water. Thank God the hot tub worked! The rooms were clean and the housekeeper and mauntenance man were very nice but the desk staff and manager were rude and disrespectful! I will be calling their corporate office today!

• Stayed December 2013
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Last minute Friday evening stay.

Stayed in one of the wings in the front of the hotel. Our wing was very quiet. Even with the room directly behind the gas station there wasn't a lot of noise.

The 2 queen room has a microwave and mini frig. There's also coffee/tea available in the room and in the front lobby. The bathroom is small, have to maneuver to close the door. Room was clean.

Used the fitness room - not extremely large but had the equipment I regularly use. The indoor pool is large but there wasn't time for me to use it. There was a reception in the pool area.

Ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast the next morning. Dinner was excellent, lemon catfish - kudos to the chef. Breakfast in the morning was included in the rate. A wide variety and again very good. Would eat here even if I'm not staying in the hotel.

Used the business center to check emails.

Front desk staff was helpful and polite.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 1st floor wing rooms were quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were in town for a soccer tournament. We were charges $102 per night, while their rate on the internet was $81 per night; we were given breakfast coupons at check. Some familes on the team received "continential breakfast" some received "hot breakfast" some just said "complimentary breakfast" Well the Hot Breakfast was in the restaurant, although we (soccer teams) were suppose to have Complimentary Breakfast included in our HIGHER rate, it was all Sugary Sweets! Sweet Cereals, Danish, bagels, toast, some fruit! NO protein, eggs, oatmeal, potatoes, that was all in the "Hot Breakfast" that only some were given coupons for. The OWNER was furious that some of the Soccer people had HOT BREAKFAST coupons! although we were paying a higher rate! ALL she wanted to know was "Who gave you thoses?" she Screamed at us. Seriously?.?.?.?. we were told everything would be in both places for the players to eat. Still in shock over the rudeness of treating a paying customer this way. Other then that the room was fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!