“Not Americas Best” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4819 Tecumseh Lane/I-164, South Green River Rd/Loyde Exp, Evansville, IN 47715 (Formerly Days Inn Evansville East)   |
Ranked #35 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Palestine, Illinois
“Not Americas Best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Online booking. Arrived after midnight. Embarrassed by my choice.The room smelled like dirty kotex and the hall, burnt popcorn. The bathroom door wouldn't stay closed or lock. Very little toilet paper. We didn't shower or eat couldn't wait to get home.Their breakfast: toast and stale coffee. $62 wasted.

Room Tip: none to offer
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Raleigh, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Creepy people hanging out in the parking lot all night. They may have been customers from the strip club from across the street.
Whe got the whirlpool room. When we went to use the whirlpool there wasn't any hot water to fill it.
The room door had a large gap all the way around it that the hallways lights could be plainly seen all the way around it.
The heater/air conditioner was loose in the wall and a cold outside breeze was felt blowing in around the unit. You could see daylight around the edges of the unit.
Some of the hallways light fixtures were torn from the wall. The lit exit sign on the third floor in front of our room was ripped loose and just hung from the wiring.
Etc....... I could go on for days with issues as why to not stay at this property.

• Stayed March 2014
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff was very nice and helped with any problem, the room's were very nice and clean, I would say the best value Inn was a great place to stay. I can't understand why anyone would write a bad review at that Motel, plenty of places to eat near by and I appreciate the staff and there people for making my stay the best in town.
Gary

Room Tip: You can't beat the price
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

People are very nice and the rooms are clean and up to date, the staff are really good and treat each one with respect, just a great place to stay. Close to shopping, many places close to eat and close to the Mall.

Room Tip: All the rooms on any floor are very quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Valencia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stay away, this hotel reeks like combination of mold and smoke. My room had a smashed lamp shade and the heater spit out black specks and smelled like smoke when I tried to turn it on. Twice during the night I awoke when police cars were rousting loiters in the parking lot, which is next to a nudie bar. The breakfast offerings were stale white bread, weak coffee, orange juice and four or five small cinnamon rolls in packages. I thought I was getting a two star hotel when I booked this hotel through Hotwire. I mistakenly trusted that a two star hotel through Hotwire would not be a complete dump or dangerous. This place was both.

Room Tip: Don't go here. Anywhere else is better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
ABVI M, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Hello,

As my affiliation shows I am the owner of this property. I am not even going to being by apologizing for your problems because everything that you stayed could have been remedied if you would have brought it to our attention while you were still at the property. If you have stayed at the property within the past month you could have easily smelled FRESH PAINT because our entire property is currently being remodeled. Now if that is the bad smell that you are talking about, we've got our senses mixed up. As per the location of the "nudie bar," sorry but I cannot help where other business decide to put up shop. If they felt the need to build a bar near our hotel I have no say in that. Unfortunately I cannot pick up my hotel and move it to a location that you approve of. Lastly, I've double and triple checked my records, but I haven't had a single person stay at my property from California, so I really do not find your claims valid.

I believe you are taking out not getting what you wanted out on a respectable establishment. It is sad that you are going out of your way to purposely bring harm to this location that we have worked so hard on. It's a shame you are trying to sway innocent customers away only because of not receiving a next-to-nothing rate. May your future travels be worthwhile and I hope future hotels do not experience this sort of immaturity
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not wheelchair friendly. It was dirty. It had wholes in walls were it was a visible patch job. No hot water pressure. Bathroom stool not clean. Hotel room and hallway was smelling. Old heating cooling system. It is Across from strip joint. Wholes in sheets and spread. Stains in linen. Dusty molded. Worse place ever And they call them selves remolding it is a half job the place is unfit. The computer in lobby can't print it is a old system buyers beware and it's not safe

• Stayed April 2013
ABVI M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently undergoing major property changes, which I am certain that you saw. We are completely renovating the rooms and the first stage of that is removing the wall paper, changing wall color, etc. I wish that that process was cleaner and didn't exude so many fumes. Our next stage, which starts this upcoming week, is furniture change. Our third stage, which is going to be happening the first week of May, is changing the A/C units and TVs in all of the rooms. Our final stage, which will be happening before the end of May, is a complete linen change. I am truly sorry that you had to deal with our changing conditions. It is a long process and no one stay is going to nullify those changes.

As the property manager I truly appreciate your comments, because every bit of information given to us is an opportunity for us to better ourselves. I hope you accept our sincerest apologies on your regretful stay and would consider staying with us again to let us redeem ourselves.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East? Share your experiences!