“Great food -- Music way too loud” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 334 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Hayden, CO
“Great food -- Music way too loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Texas Roadhouses are awesome for a special night on the town. Our food was great! However, the music blaring out of the speaker above our heads was entirely too loud to be enjoyable! My husband and I could not hear each other across the table. So we had a rather quiet meal between us because there was no talking to be done! Didn't make for a nice meal for us. We had a hard time hearing the waitress too. While music adds to the atmosphere, it really took away from ours!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Evansville, Indiana
“The place for steak.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We love Texas Roadhouse. When we want a steak, this is where we go. It has always been wonderful food and good service. This location is no exception.

Visited January 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“You could feed an army!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The food here was delicious and I liked that I could walk to it from my hotel room. Other than our waiter not keeping our water glasses full everything was awesome! Go hungry! The serving sizes are huge!

Visited February 2014
Newburgh, Indiana
“Often a hit or miss on the steak but usually very good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Be careful with the steak. We always order medium, and it's supposed to come out slightly pink and it almost always comes out raw. If you send it back they will cook that same piece and it will be charbroiled, tough and almost burnt. It's a hit or miss. Sometimes the steak is the best you've ever had, other times it's the worst. Call ahead-highly recommended. Otherwise you'll wait forever. The hot bread and butter is to die for. I recommend the Dallas Fillet. It's the most expensive but the best cut of meat. Be prepared... there's a birthday every five minutes and you'll hear shouting all of a sudden. It's a bit disruptive but you'll get used to it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elberfeld, Indiana
“Busy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

A group of 6 of us went on a Monday night. It was very busy for a Monday. It was a 35 minute wait, I got a beer at the bar to pass the time. I hardly ever get steak when I go out but decided to get one here, 11 oz sirloin 'medium' with 2 sides. My steak was very dry, good thing I used A1 sauce. The price and service was good. If you want a good steak in Evansville go to Longhorn.

• Visited December 2013