“Avoid” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Kissimmee, Florida
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I booked 13 nites here because they are pet friendly. When I walked into the room, I looked like a dump. I decided to stay one nite since I would probably have to pay for it anyway, so I called another hotel & booked the remaining 12 nites. I sat down & turned the TV on and it wouldn't work. I called the desk & they sent a man to repair it. He looked behind it and said "someone stole the cable". When I opened the door for him, I noticed that the safety chain was missing also. So I packed up my cat and returned to the car. I went to the ofc & demanded a refund because I didn't feel safe here. When I told her about the safety chain missing, she said "we would have replaced it for you." Duh! These should have been done before renting the rooms out. She refunded me the money, then later I noticed that she kept the $50 cat fees. I called her & she refunded that the next day. By the way, my cat usually adapts to any hotel we stay at. But at this one she hid the whole time we were there. I had to hunt her and drag her out to get her back in her carrier to leave. From now on, I listen to my cat when checking into a hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Urine on the seat, refused to come clean it the front stated that was not their job and that cleaning staff is not on hand except certain times...offered another room at a higher rate and difference was requested...Heat was on 90 never warmed up...tried to get refund and denied but half price was checked in for an hr, was only in room for 20 minutes total...Almost out of toilet paper but would not deliver to room was told to walk to office(located outside I had 3 kids and was alone by myself) to get it Manager refused to talk to guest....would sleep in car again if had to instead of sleep in that ggross room...was told room was clean and checked pretty much was told we put dried urine on toilet seat

Room Tip: Nothing good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New Harmony, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed here for the weekend with my husband while we were here shopping, the front desk was great and very knowledgable about the hotel and the area around giving great suggestions on shopping and eating places!!! The rooms were very nice for the price that they charged. The rooms have new carpets and newly remodeled bathrooms that the front desk informed us of and they also just got WiFi at the hotel. We had a great time and we will be back for sure!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I liked the staff, and the renovations... but the police were out there almost every night. It made me very uncomfortable, one; because its the police, they're never nice people, and they represent the militarization of this country... and two; that meant their were people even worse than cops staying there!!!

Room Tip: Check value place down the road first. I was mad once I learned about that hotel. Cleaner, safer...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

As a travel nurse I stay in a lot of places. I have been staying here since June and will be here till November. Each room has a full size icebox and all kitchen utensils needed. Also the furnish kitchen towels and as many towels and wash clothes u need.
Parking lot is well lite all night as well as the doors to the rooms. The police patrol the parking often.
They are continuing to make improvement painting, new lights, and the clean the parking lot everyday. Only draw back is no Wifi in the rooms but u do have a computer cable to hook into ur computer.
It is a Great Place to stay. So if u are passing through or going to be here for awhile come by and stay,

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in this facility over Labor Day weekend, having stayed here five years ago and that visit being excellent. We were quickly disappointed this time. We had asked for a nonsmoking room, which we received, but upon entering the room we could definitely smell that someone had smoked in there. We brought our things in from the car, turned on the room air conditioner (the temperature outside was close to 100 degrees). The room was facing west, drapes open, and air conditioner had not been on all day. Room was almost as hot as outside. We left for dinner, to give the a/c ample time to start cooling down the room. We came back about 2 hours later and the room was still hot and extremely humid. Management allowed us to move to the room next door. The a/c worked very well in that room.

They do *not* have wifi in the rooms, but do provide ethernet cables. I plugged it in to my laptop computer and there was NO connection to the internet. I inquired of the front desk person who said no password was necessary. She also commented that the hotel's computer in the lobby was available for guests to use, or I could bring my laptop to the lobby and use wifi there. The lobby computer also would not connect to the internet, and she mentioned that even her laptop computer would not connect with the wifi and her work computer was 'slow.' We ended up going to Starbucks to use their wifi.

Around 12:30 a.m., a severe thunderstorm came through. The power in *half* our room went out. The a/c, vanity sink lights (outside of bathroom), and kitchen still had power. All other lights, including bathroom, and TV were not working. This remained an issue for our entire stay (2 nights). We inquired of management on day 2 about the status of electricity coming back on since it had come back on in the rest of Evansville. We were told that lightning had struck the building directly and parts for repair would not be available until Tuesday, after Labor Day.

We were out all day the second day of our stay there. When we returned to the room that night, housekeeping had not been in to service our room. I went over to the lobby to ask for clean towels and mentioned our room had not been serviced. The clerk said housekeeping only comes in every third day. I'm okay with this but it would have been nice to have been told this upon check in, or to have a sign in the room stating such.

The neighborhood is starting to deteriorate a little and as I was walking to the lobby to get the towels, a police officer walked into the lobby ahead of me. The clerk was reporting a domestic situation involving some guests.

This facility has so much potential. The rates are fantastic (as they were five years ago when we stayed there). I do not know, but it is my impression that the ownership of this location has changed. It is definitely not as nice or as clean as it was previously. It has not degraded so much that it cannot be brought back up. There are many restaurants nearby, it is convenient to the expressway and shopping.

The facility has a nice pool and patio area, but we did not use either.

They offer a continental breakfast in the lobby from 6:00 to 9:00 a.m., but not much variety from what hubby told me. I follow a gluten-free diet, so brought my own food.

Room Tip: In the summer time, you might ask for a room that faces east.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Owensboro, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family enjoyed the stay here. Our check-in process was fast and accurate. Friendly front desk staff that help with questions about local food, shopping and other events. The Suite was clean and in great shape; a great value for the price. Highly recommend this location!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homelife Studio & Suites? Share your experiences!