“Better than the good old days” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Madeleine's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 367 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: European, Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: OAK STREET
Description: Madeleine's Fusion Restaurant in Evansville, IN serves a variety of eclectic dishes to satisfy everyone's taste. Enjoy our delicious creations today!
Great Falls, Virginia
“Better than the good old days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was raised in Evansville in the 50s and 60s when F's Steakhouse was the only upscale restaurant in town. Recently, I was in town for a family visit and found Madeleine's on Trip Advisor.

I am not a chain restaurant kind of guy and believe eating out should be something you normally wouldn't get at home. Madeleine's surprised me (in a good way) at every turn. The menu, which they change frequently was inventive and ambitious. Prices were in the low $20-25 range, which is a steal, where I live now. Had a great Pinot Noir for $10, another pleasant surprise to the wallet. I had a rack of lamb to die for. I'm allergic to garlic...no problem. Had a chance to meet the two owners (manager and the chef) who were a total delight.

I had one of the best meals I've had this year and I eat out a lot. Headed back to Evansville next month and Madeleine's will be on my list every night.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tim M, Owner at Madeleine's, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
One of the best meals you've had this year? Wow! So glad your lamb and Pinot noir were pleasant surprises to your palate and that you had a chance to meet the team as well. Hope the rest of your family visit was lovely and that you're able to make it out to see us many more times in the future!

Carmel, Indiana
“A treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Madeleine's is situated near downtown Evansville on a non-busy, quaint corner surrounded by historic apartments and houses. The building itself looks historic and has been converted into a restaurant. When we walked in we were delighted by its charm created with low, intimate lighting and jazz music. The staff were very accommodating and greeted us immediately. We had an 8:30 pm dinner reservation and were seated in the very front with a nice view of the street. It also allowed us to view the entire restaurant and have privacy for an intimate dinner. The decor is just fun! It has modest touches that are funky and vibrant. The table settings had zebra chargers and each table has a tall slender vase with a single colorful rose. I had two (or was it three??) of the lemon drops with sake that were excellent! It was a very nice touch with the sake making it very drinkable, not too strong on the alcohol, and not as sweet as lemon drops tend to be. As an appetizer we ordered the fried shrimp in a spicy Asian aoli. This was very tasty! Maybe a little spicy for me (perfect for my husband's taste). They were hot and very fresh. I think the quality of the bread at the table should be as great as the food. They served us delicious homemade croissants from a local bakery that were just what a croissant should be...warm, flaky and buttery! They pay so much attention to the details. Our bread was served with their homemade butter of the day. This one was a lavender cinnamon...wow! I love cinnamon and could never have enough so I loved it, but am more wary about floral flavors. The lavender was very subtle but present and very much complimented the butter as a whole. Delicious! The chef must have a taste for spicy because out of all of the dishes that we ordered about half of them had a kick! Our overall experience was delightful!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tim M, Owner at Madeleine's, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
So happy to hear that your meal with us was delightful! It means a lot to us that you noticed and appreciated the small touches in flavor and decor -- and loved your fried shrimp and croissants as well. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Evansville.

Tim, Owner
“Steaks and seafood are outstanding.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was our fourth visit. The steaks and seafood are very consistently outstanding. The aged steaks with espresso rub are as fine as you will find in the area. Sides are thoughtful, creative and flavorful. Will cook items to order. Lobster Mac and Cheese is OUTSTANDING comfort food and generously served. Save room for dessert. Service is consistently top-shelf! Beautiful setting and ambiance. Emma was informative and contributed to making our evening relaxing and enjoyable.
Already looking forward to the next visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tim M, Owner at Madeleine's, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
The lobster mac n' cheese is always a great choice! Glad you've found our food and service to be consistently outstanding, Jim. I'll be sure to pass the kind words along to Emma as well, and we can't wait to have you back for more!

Take care,
Tim, Owner
“Valentines Experience.. meal doesn't match price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I eat all over the country as I travel for work. I will say paying almost $250 for 2....it better be exceptional. This meal was good but not worth this. $20 glass of wine? Small- mid size portions. This meal tasted and felt more like $100.

Tim M, Owner at Madeleine's, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
I'm so sorry that you were disappointed in your meal with us earlier this year! We feel that our prices and portions reflect the high-quality ingredients we use and the level of care we take in preparing each dish -- but we always appreciate both good and bad feedback, and we'll certainly take yours into account. I'm glad to hear that the meal itself was good, but I hope you'll give us another chance to really wow you.

“Valentines disappointment ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner on Valentines Day. There was a preset menu @ $75 per person. The menu choices were great, however, the execution of each dish was mediocre at best. 1st course was shrimp cocktail & scallops w/ a lamb chop. The shrimp were not deveined. It was so not appetizing. The scallops was supposed to be a warm dish, but was cold. The lamb was tasty though. 2nd was lobster bisque. I'm used to a thicker, creamier broth. This was more like a broth, was ok. It did have decent chunks of lobster. Ordered the filet - medium. Was a raw chunk of meat in the middle. Desert was not good. Tasted old. Our total dinner was $250. We each had one glass of wine, so this is a little pricey. Atmosphere & service weren't bad....but the experience does not equate to the price tag.