“Unusual, but probably the best in Evansville” 5 of 5 stars

Le Merigot at Tropicana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   615 Northwest Riverside Drive, Evansville, IN 47708   |
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Unusual, but probably the best in Evansville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I don't generally like modern hotels, but this place was awesome. The staff were friendly and engaging. Our room was very clean and large, but the bathroom was the real star. Not only was it large but it had the best shower of any hotel I've ever been in. The beds were very comfortable, too. We'll stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

We've stayed here several times, as we had a son attending college in Evansville. Always had a good experience! The front desk staff was very friendly, the rooms spacious and clean. The complimentary breakfast buffet was always delicious. Would definitely recommend this boutique hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a weekend getaway at the casino aztar. The website offers two hotel options, the cheaper yet convenient casino aztar hotel, and the "luxury" le merigot. Unfortunately, the casino aztar was booked, so we sprung for the le merigot thinking it must be worth the price. Upon arrival the lady checking us in seemed to care less about doing her job or explaining ANYTHING to us. Through trial and error we discovered we had to drag our luggage through the lobby and through tight spaces of artwork decor. Our room was decent... Despite the hairs we found in our sheets... (not ours)... And some stains here and there. The rainforest shower was pretty nice, but not worth the price. The hotel also offers a walkway across traffic to the casino... However it was still under construction... And was blocking the sidewalk to even safely cross traffic. When we called the front desk to inquire about transportation, we were told to meet a shuttle "downtown". After risking our lives to cross the highway on foot, we decided to call it an early night. Sadly, we were kept up until around three in the morning, due to the partiers at the bar on the street below... Ambulance... Policemen and all. Not to mention the drunken people out in the hall who were banging on doors and cussing. I don't expect perfection, but for the price... I should at least be able to sleep!!

• Stayed January 2012
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the LaMerigot many times since we discovered it 5 years ago and have never been disappointed. The hotel has a classy, modern flair that is unmatched by any hotel in the area. The staff has always been pleasant, the rooms well decorated, and very clean. The mattresses are so comfortable that when my husband and I were shopping for a new mattress, I called the hotel to get the details on theirs.

The hotel has so much to offer right at its door steps that there is no reason to need your car once you arrive. I recommend utilizing their complimentary valet service.

The Casino Astar boat is across the street and there are several nice restaurants choices and live entertainment on the property where the boat docks.

When the weather is comfortable, we enjoy having drinks in the outdoor seating area at the Blush (off the hotel lobby) with a relaxing waterfall / fire feature and the views of the Ohio River are spectacular.

An upscale continental breakfast is included with the room. They offer fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, and a variety of breads. It has always been satisfying to us; but if you prefer a hot breakfast a full buffet is served across the street in the Casino Astar dining area.

Soon the hotel will have an enclosed walkway bridge connecting the hotel to the Casino making it the closest hotel to the restaurants and entertainment offered by the Casino.

I am normally not one to post reviews on Trip Advisor; but have benefited over the years from other’s reviews and thought I should give back by sharing details on our “Escape” hotel. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Vincennes, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

The Le Merigot at Casino Aztar is awesome. I don't think it is overpriced at all. $169.00 a night for an upscale hotel, next to a casino, a nightclub, several restaurants, bars. All within walking distance. I've stayed here several times for weekend casino getaways. I have never been disappointed. The rooms have always been clean. I've stayed in bad hotels for more then this. The beds are super comfortable too.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Its a good hotel to stay in if your on business. its right down town and easy to get in and out of. I like it because its close to the casino. just walk across the street.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I hosted a bachelorette party in Evansville (per the bride's request) and I had all of the ladies meet in our hotel room before going out. I went on and on to my friend about how excited I was about our room before we got there. I wasn't disappointed by the decor and the room we had with 2 double beds was perfect to hold the dozen women who showed up and watched the bride open gifts. Before the party began I was excited to try out the shower since so many people have raved about it in the reviews.

While the shower itself was awesome it was sooooo not worth the time I spent cleaning up after it. Water went EVERYWHERE outside of the shower into the bathroom and even spilling into the foyer area. Which I should mention was creeping dangerously close to a questionable wall outlet. I used up every single towel including the one I used getting out, to clean it all up. I started to question whether I knew how to properly close a shower door after seeing how much water had leaked until I noticed the bottom of the bathroom door...it was completely warped! So obviously others have had the same issues. I literally was putting on my dress when people arrived for the party because cleaning up set me so far back.

Another complaint about the bathroom...we joked in the beginning about the phone next to the toilet until we saw the one and only extra roll of toilet paper. Also, the frosted glass that serves as the enclosure for the bathroom provides little privacy so be mindful of that if you're sharing the room with someone you're not comfortable seeing you semi-naked.

No perks for the price tag such as a pool or any type of restaurant on site.

It is pretty but I need more than aesthetics to justify that much money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Le Merigot at Tropicana? Share your experiences!