“What is that noise!” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
“What is that noise!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We booked a "jacuzzi suite" and all was good at check in. Only one receptionist when we got to the hotel at 4pm. She was busy one the phone taking another booking, so we had to wait 5 - 10 mins to check in, but she apologized for our wait and was very nice and quick checking us in. After check in we changed and headed straight to the pool. Nice pool area. Small but nice water temps and clean. After swimming we got ready and headed to a local restaurant for dinner. Then to local casino! Got back to the room around to 2am and decided we would hop in the jacuzzi and relax. Soon found out that jacuzzi was not working properly. Jets were barely coming out. :[ Being so late at night\early morning we didnt call front desk, but we would decide to just tell them about it at check out in the morning. We got to bed aroud 3 and decided we would skip breakfast and wake up around 10 for check out at 11. THEN 9 AM CAME and outside our door they placed a industrial carpet cleaner outside our door that had a 20 feet hose and stared cleaning the carpet like four or five doors down. REALLY! So we decided we would go to breakfast after all lol. Breakfast was excellent! Hotel was packed for a local college baseball teamn but breakfast bar was always full, and clean. Great work! All in all might stay here again, but definitely not getting "jacuzzi suite" if we do.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We are sorry to hear that you were disrupted by Maintenance cleaning carpets. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we do hope that you give us another chance to prove how truely great we are! Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again inthe near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Southern Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nice hotel for a Holiday Inn Express. Free breakfast and free wi-fi are always a plus! Had a strange issue with the bathroom door in our room; the floor tile was too high for the door to clear and the bathroom door drug on the floor when trying to open or close it. Wouldn't probably take someone long to go shave a bit off the bottom of that door and make it close without a struggle. Not a huge issue, more of an inconvenience. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We are sorry to hear that you had problems with the bathroom door, but we did want to let you know that the bathroom door has been fixed! We hope to see you in the near future! Have a wonderful day!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice hotel close to where I was working for the week. Overall pretty much what you'd expect at this pricepoint. Rooms were comfortable, and I had a fridge / microwave in mine which allowed me to cook some basic meals. Housekeeping did an excellent job. Sheets/bedding/pillows were new(er) and very cozy. Breakfast in the morning was solid... not a huge variety but there was always enough. For me it was very much in line with my expectations overall but the one thing (or person in this case) was a young lady working the desk named Tamesha (sp?). I got in very late after a long drive and was completely exhausted. I did not have a reservation and this gal really made me feel welcome. I was compelled to write this review and would stay here again in large part to her hospitality.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff! Tamesha is a great asset to our team and we are pleased that she made you feel at home! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Wheatfield, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have stayed here SEVERAL times over the past couple of years while our daughter is attending USI. The location is great regarding proximity to USI, as well as several restaurants, movie theater, car wash, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. The staff is very friendly, rooms are always clean, and the free breakfast is quite good. The pool and hot tub are also nice, and the fitness center is adequate. I would say the only 'drawback' about this location is the limited size of parking lot. We will certainly be back again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, breakfast and cleanliness! We appreciate your loyality over theyears and hope to continue to see you in the future! Have a Great Day!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My recent stay was nothing short of perfect! What a great staff, rooms were warm and comfortable, and the breakfast is excellent, lots of great choices. The gal at the front desk made some great suggestions for local restaurants. I will be be back again!

Room Tip: Quick drive from the college.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tahnk you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff! We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience withus and look forward to seeing you in the near future! Have a Great Day!
crown point
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel close to USI and restaurants. At check in stood at desk for awhile eventually yelled for some one to come up. I did get recognized has priorty member. Room was clean. However the drawers on dresser wouldn't stay closed and after running into it twice, went to store and bought tape to keep close. Next day never received housekeeping. Went down to desk they said we can have it down now (which it was 630pm) or have them bring up items. Ok I've been gone all day. I'm not going to leave room now, so they can clean, they had all day. Items were brought up, but I had to pick up dirty towels, I had to empty garbage..I do this at home and don't expect to do it at hotel! Breakfast was nice. Will probably not stay again, we've stayed at the other hotels in area and didn't experience any issues.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We are sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel during your stay. We would like to sincerely apologize. We hope you will give us another try on a future stay.
middletown, oh, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have been a routine guest at this hotel for over a year and continue to bring them my business. There is nothing but excellent customer service presented by the front desk management; Diana and Dale. Mark, on the overnight shift, also takes great care of me. They always make sure that I am comfortable and have everything that I need for my business trips. The housekeeping staff is also fantastic making sure I always have a clean, comfortable room with periodic notes personally wishing me a good evening and following day at work They have been concerned for my safety when I was several hours later than usual checking in a couple different times. They also always make sure that I have reservations for my next visit regardless of whether it is the following week or a few weeks in the future. I have had the opportunity to stay at a nearby competitor and made the decision to return to Holiday Inn Express - West. I will continue to stay at this hotel on all future visits to Evansville, IN due to the folks I have mentioned who treat me like family. Thank you! Anne

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff! We are pleased that you have continued staying with us all this time.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Evansville West? Share your experiences!