“Have stayed SEVERAL times” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Wheatfield, Indiana
“Have stayed SEVERAL times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have stayed here SEVERAL times over the past couple of years while our daughter is attending USI. The location is great regarding proximity to USI, as well as several restaurants, movie theater, car wash, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. The staff is very friendly, rooms are always clean, and the free breakfast is quite good. The pool and hot tub are also nice, and the fitness center is adequate. I would say the only 'drawback' about this location is the limited size of parking lot. We will certainly be back again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, breakfast and cleanliness! We appreciate your loyality over theyears and hope to continue to see you in the future! Have a Great Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My recent stay was nothing short of perfect! What a great staff, rooms were warm and comfortable, and the breakfast is excellent, lots of great choices. The gal at the front desk made some great suggestions for local restaurants. I will be be back again!

Room Tip: Quick drive from the college.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tahnk you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff! We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience withus and look forward to seeing you in the near future! Have a Great Day!
crown point
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel close to USI and restaurants. At check in stood at desk for awhile eventually yelled for some one to come up. I did get recognized has priorty member. Room was clean. However the drawers on dresser wouldn't stay closed and after running into it twice, went to store and bought tape to keep close. Next day never received housekeeping. Went down to desk they said we can have it down now (which it was 630pm) or have them bring up items. Ok I've been gone all day. I'm not going to leave room now, so they can clean, they had all day. Items were brought up, but I had to pick up dirty towels, I had to empty garbage..I do this at home and don't expect to do it at hotel! Breakfast was nice. Will probably not stay again, we've stayed at the other hotels in area and didn't experience any issues.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We are sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel during your stay. We would like to sincerely apologize. We hope you will give us another try on a future stay.
middletown, oh, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have been a routine guest at this hotel for over a year and continue to bring them my business. There is nothing but excellent customer service presented by the front desk management; Diana and Dale. Mark, on the overnight shift, also takes great care of me. They always make sure that I am comfortable and have everything that I need for my business trips. The housekeeping staff is also fantastic making sure I always have a clean, comfortable room with periodic notes personally wishing me a good evening and following day at work They have been concerned for my safety when I was several hours later than usual checking in a couple different times. They also always make sure that I have reservations for my next visit regardless of whether it is the following week or a few weeks in the future. I have had the opportunity to stay at a nearby competitor and made the decision to return to Holiday Inn Express - West. I will continue to stay at this hotel on all future visits to Evansville, IN due to the folks I have mentioned who treat me like family. Thank you! Anne

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff! We are pleased that you have continued staying with us all this time.
Rockport, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his birthday in the jacuzzi suite. The room was a little outdated. Everything was clean though. Except a cockroach I found in the jacuzzi in the morning. Bed was hard. I kept hearing banging noises above me throughout the night. If I want another romantic evening again I guess I would stay here if I couldn't find another hotel with a jacuzzi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We wanted to let you know that the problem has been addressed and fixed,.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Came to Evansville for the 4th of July celebration. My husband was not feeling well so we did not make it the fire works. I was telling the desk clerk and she ended up moving our rooms to the upper floor so we could still see most of the fireworks so kids were really happy. Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: Close to downtown. Also close to restaurants, you could park car and walk to several places even th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We are glad that we were able to help you in anyway possible to enjoy our spectacular fireworks show. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at the East side HIE in Evansville on business in the past but thought I'd try the West side because it was closer to my client. I won't be doing this in the future. There is plenty to do around the hotel which was nice; restaurants, movie, etc. However, the rooms are not as new and have a very musty odor and very weird set up...you walk right through the bathroom as soon as you enter; it just didn't feel right. Couple that with older beds and bedding and it made for an average stay. The breakfast in the morning was the same as other HIE but the temperature was off and the cereal was old and stale. I would say there are other options in Evansville to try. They are mainly on the East side but Evansville isn't that hard to get around even with traffic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We are truely sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience in our hotel. We are currently in the process of doing renovations at this time so we hope you will give us another try when traveling through Evansville.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Evansville West? Share your experiences!