“Comfy and Clean!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 35 hotels in Evansville
Cleveland, Ohio
“Comfy and Clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My recent stay was nothing short of perfect! What a great staff, rooms were warm and comfortable, and the breakfast is excellent, lots of great choices. The gal at the front desk made some great suggestions for local restaurants. I will be be back again!

Room Tip: Quick drive from the college.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Tahnk you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff! We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience withus and look forward to seeing you in the near future! Have a Great Day!

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
crown point
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel close to USI and restaurants. At check in stood at desk for awhile eventually yelled for some one to come up. I did get recognized has priorty member. Room was clean. However the drawers on dresser wouldn't stay closed and after running into it twice, went to store and bought tape to keep close. Next day never received housekeeping. Went down to desk they said we can have it down now (which it was 630pm) or have them bring up items. Ok I've been gone all day. I'm not going to leave room now, so they can clean, they had all day. Items were brought up, but I had to pick up dirty towels, I had to empty garbage..I do this at home and don't expect to do it at hotel! Breakfast was nice. Will probably not stay again, we've stayed at the other hotels in area and didn't experience any issues.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We are sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel during your stay. We would like to sincerely apologize. We hope you will give us another try on a future stay.
middletown, oh, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have been a routine guest at this hotel for over a year and continue to bring them my business. There is nothing but excellent customer service presented by the front desk management; Diana and Dale. Mark, on the overnight shift, also takes great care of me. They always make sure that I am comfortable and have everything that I need for my business trips. The housekeeping staff is also fantastic making sure I always have a clean, comfortable room with periodic notes personally wishing me a good evening and following day at work They have been concerned for my safety when I was several hours later than usual checking in a couple different times. They also always make sure that I have reservations for my next visit regardless of whether it is the following week or a few weeks in the future. I have had the opportunity to stay at a nearby competitor and made the decision to return to Holiday Inn Express - West. I will continue to stay at this hotel on all future visits to Evansville, IN due to the folks I have mentioned who treat me like family. Thank you! Anne

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff! We are pleased that you have continued staying with us all this time.
Rockport, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his birthday in the jacuzzi suite. The room was a little outdated. Everything was clean though. Except a cockroach I found in the jacuzzi in the morning. Bed was hard. I kept hearing banging noises above me throughout the night. If I want another romantic evening again I guess I would stay here if I couldn't find another hotel with a jacuzzi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We wanted to let you know that the problem has been addressed and fixed,.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Came to Evansville for the 4th of July celebration. My husband was not feeling well so we did not make it the fire works. I was telling the desk clerk and she ended up moving our rooms to the upper floor so we could still see most of the fireworks so kids were really happy. Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: Close to downtown. Also close to restaurants, you could park car and walk to several places even th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We are glad that we were able to help you in anyway possible to enjoy our spectacular fireworks show. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at the East side HIE in Evansville on business in the past but thought I'd try the West side because it was closer to my client. I won't be doing this in the future. There is plenty to do around the hotel which was nice; restaurants, movie, etc. However, the rooms are not as new and have a very musty odor and very weird set up...you walk right through the bathroom as soon as you enter; it just didn't feel right. Couple that with older beds and bedding and it made for an average stay. The breakfast in the morning was the same as other HIE but the temperature was off and the cereal was old and stale. I would say there are other options in Evansville to try. They are mainly on the East side but Evansville isn't that hard to get around even with traffic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
EvansvilleWest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evansville West, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We are truely sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience in our hotel. We are currently in the process of doing renovations at this time so we hope you will give us another try when traveling through Evansville.
Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We needed a hotel on the West side, near USI, and since we had stayed here when it was a Baymont, we tried it again. Thinking that Holiday Inn Express is generally a very good place to stay, we were disappointed with the facility. It is neither an old nor new building, and has had some updating since becoming a Holiday Inn. However, it is a heavily used hotel. Thus, regular maintenance and upkeep is essential. The fourth floor hall air conditioners never worked, in spite of notifying the front desk . The stairwell carpets got increasingly dirty as one got to lower levels. The bedroom was non-smoking, as was the whole hall, but our room smelled the entire time of stale,old smoke. The air conditioner worked,but was dirty. However, hall air conditioning worked really well on the first floor. While going to the laundry room on the second floor, I smelled mold/mildew and noticed that some rooms were being renovated. A few walls looked like like they had mold on them. The dryer set on low heat almost ruined some new clothes we had...excessively hot. In our bathroom there were apparent cigarette burns on the tub, making us believe that this had been the smoking floor at one time. Our sink stopped up some times. Even though we reported it, it never got cleared up.
We had a set of doors for an adjoining room. We could not only hear the neighbor's TV, but the hear his conversations. He was not unruly, loud, nor up late. There is simply no sound- proofing.
On the other hand, the staff at the front desk and breakfast room was friendly and willing to listen and help.. The housekeeping in our room was good and cleaned every day. If it hadn't been for the staff, we would have tried to find another hotel. With more attention and diligence to maintenance and cleaning hallways and stairwells, as well as getting rid of stale smoke smells, this might become a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Unless stale smoke smells, as well as mildew smells, are cleared up, find another place to stay. If...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so very sorry for the problems you encountered while at our hotel. We are currently in the process of doing renovations and fixing air conditioning units. We hope that you will give us another try when traveling through Evansville. Again we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Evansville West? Share your experiences!