“Something for Everyone” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Evansville, Indiana
“Something for Everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

You can't go wrong, when you choose Deerhead. It doesn't matter
if you have the whole family, on a date, or just to have a few cold ones with the buds. The variety of menu items are sure to please everyone, excellent in taste and reasonable in price. Great selection of beer, liquor, and N/A beverages. Go check them out for yourself, you be glad that you did.
Great place for the whole family!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Dive bar that isn't a dive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went there based on reviews. Pizza was good, chicken planks are excellent, best I've had. They had live music, which was very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
southern Indiana
“Good local spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Deerhead never disappoints. The pizza is so good, and the Greek salad is fantastic. Such an eclectic Evansville spot.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great staff but not so great pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was looking forward to eating at the Deerhead from all of the great reviews I had read. Today I ate lunch here with my family. The waitress was wonderful and very friendly. She made sure we always had everything we needed and our drinks were full. I ordered the thin crust pizza with sausage and pepperoni and my husband ordered the Reuben and we split an order of fried mushrooms. My other family members ordered the double decker pizza supreme. The food came to our table in a decent amount of time. The fried mushrooms were just your typical fried mushroom. When the pizza arrived it looked really good. When I picked up my pizza slice i noticed the bottom crust was a bit on the greasy side. I was really disappointed when I took a bite of it. I think I don't like the sauce that they put on it. I really wanted to like the pizza but I just didn't enjoy it at all. My other family members were not crazy about the pizza either. My husband didn't care for the pizza and he said his sandwich was ok. I wish I could say it was one of the best pizzas I ever had but it was probably one of the worst. Nice staff but the pizza shouldn't be their signature dish.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Evansville, Indiana
“Must try the Double Decker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Deerhead is one of the must try taverns in Evansville, IN. My favorite meal is the Double Decker pizza. Its actually two pizzas stacked on top of each other to create a thick, full of flavor slice with plenty of toppings. I say check the place out its got great atmosphere, good beer on tap (Fat Tire), and some great live music almost every day of the week.

• Visited May 2013