“Not nearly as good as C 'n C Fort Wayne” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 336 Restaurants in Evansville
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An Evansville restaurant for over 30 years, the Cork 'n Cleaver serves steaks and seafood with an award winning salad bar. Full bar service and wine list available. Dinner served every night with lunch offered Monday through Friday.
Greenville, South Carolina
“Not nearly as good as C 'n C Fort Wayne”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Cork 'n Cleaver Evansville seems to be resting on the laurels of the other Cork n' Cleavers scattered about the country. Comparing this restaurant to the one in Fort Wayne and the one that used to be in Greenville, SC (our only other two experiences with this brand), the salad bar in Evansville is nothing more special than the salad bar at your local family buffet. The food quality is okay, but not worth the premium pricing compared to other restaurants of the same quality. I ordered the Petite Filet and my husband ordered the Prime Rib. We were both underwhelmed with the flavor and quality. My steak was bland and in need of a hearty dose of salt and pepper to give it any flavor. My husband's prime rib was so-so, which was disappointing because Cork n' Cleaver Fort Wayne's prime rib was so scrumptious! For the quality, flavor, and value of our meal, Cork n' Cleaver Evansville was overpriced and they under-delivered.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kentucky
“A dying breed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is one of the absolute treasures of the Evansville area, or any other for that matter. The salad bar is second to none and the prime rib is the best I have ever eaten. It is a shame that the ranking is so low, especially when Western Ribeye and Ribs is rated so highly. Cork and Cleaver literally does everything better than they do. It is also an excellent place for a romantic dinner. With all of the chains out there cutting corners and in turn cutting quality it is a breath of fresh air to know that you can still go to a place like the Cork and Cleaver and have a great meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indiana
“Salad Bar Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Cork 'n Cleaver used to be the place to go for a deluxe salad bar ein Evansville, not exactly a salad lovin' town. C & C still advertise their salad bar in radio ads as "award winning". My recent experience suggests this is no longer the case. No dark, leafy greens, just a tired mix of Romaine and iceberg. No spinach. No broccoli. The only prepared salad was an oily angel hair pasta mix. Gloppy, high fat dressings. In short, this salad bar ($10.99) was a big letdown from how I remembered it and way over-priced. Also, if you eat here bring your pen flashlight -- curious ultra-dim lighting makes me wonder what they don't want guests to see.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PETERSBURG
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The restaurant was recommended to us for a "romantic" meal. Yes, it was dimly lit, but to dark to read the menu; the table next to us was so load that we could hear everything they said (without trying to); the steak was ordered med rare and came med well had no flavor and was not as tender as it should have been. The salad bar and bread were great. The overall price was pretty good for what was ordered. Glad we tried it but will not be back.

Visited May 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Writing this while my wife suffers from nausea/diarrhea (I.e., food poisoning)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

To put it simply, our server was attentive, the atmosphere was okay, the salad bar was adequate although lackluster, and the entree was horrible and left my wife bloated afterwards and it agony this morning with nausea and diarrhea.
Suffice it to say we ate from the same salad bar with a selection of similar items and had the same vegetable (asparagus), but we differed in our choice of meat. I had the grilled salmon which had obviously been frozen in its past and tasted like flavored cardboard while my wife had the scallops. The first bitter bite gave her the warning something was wrong and she declined to finish the rest. I am glad she did else we would be in the hospital this morning

• Visited April 2013