“Only thing missing is the complimentary Ouzo” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E. Virginia St.
Description: From its historic sites to its beautiful, sea-swept coasts, Greece is a country rich in history, tradition and character. At the Acropolis restaurant, you will experience the rich tradition and character through our authentic Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. As you feast on our genuine Greek specialties prepared with the freshest ingredients, you will savor the flavors that only the most experienced chefs can create.
Dubai
“Only thing missing is the complimentary Ouzo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I've loved this restaurant since it was built, and I'll keep going back. I always receive great service, and the food is very close to the real deal. I haven't had Greek food IN Greece, but I have had it in other European countries, and Acropolis comes pretty darn close. The only thing that you guys are missing is the owner of the restaurant coming out and graciously offering everyone a closing shot of Ouzo on the house. It really topped it off at the restaurants in Europe, but I can't say if that actually happens in Greece. Keep up the awesome work, you guys, and I think I may just have to stop in this weekend!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good golly - all the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I like Greek food - husband and son pretty much gyros only. I finally got them to try a full on restaurant of Greek cuisine. We had the crab cake appetizer - 9 lovely tasty mini crab cakes - they're supposed to come with a aoli - our waitress brought them out with a marinara which was also tasty but the aoli was even better - worth the money. Husband had Steak Diane (still couldn't Greek him) and it was different than classic, maybe this is greek version - very tasty and a very nice size portion. Son had Lamb Shanks - huge shanks, fall off bone tender with a rice/risotto side - very good and even he couldn't finish. I had scallops lemonatta - nice sized scallops cleaned perfectly nice sear - served over garden tortellini with veggies. I would have liked it to be more lemony - should have asked for slices - DUH.- and there were lots of veggies I finally like asparagus without a ton of butter.The pitas slices that they give you are really good the crispy fried are the best - I like the sweet dip they gave but would also have liked a savory taste for the beginning of the meal. Also, got a side salad with my meal - HUGE totally shareable. All in all a great experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Food was great but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is the second time we have eaten here. The first time was exemplary. This time was not. First at 5:50 PM on a Saturday, the bathroom was a disaster but enough said about that.... We sat at our table and ordered a martini and a bottle of wine. This was a birthday dinner and there were four in our party.

First, they came back and said they were out of the wine. Then they found something comparable. Next, they came back and said they were out of one of the liquors for the martini, so no martini.

Next, no silverware. We asked more than once. Then one person ordered ice tea and asked for sweetener. No sweetener came until she asked again when they brought a refill of the unsweetened tea.

Then the food came. It was correct and quite tasty. Everyone was pleased with their food.

Next, it was time for dessert. Baklava was complimentary for birthday person and then two other desserts were purchased as well. Guess what? Out of baklava so the birthday person was given what they call baklava "bites" which looked like a hotdog sized log of baklava sliced into bites. Since it was complimentary one can't really complain about that but it just finished off a dining experience that was a bit annoying from the beginning.

Would we go again? Probably, because the food was good but the service and the amount of things they were out of was surprising. It definitely will be a while before we choose to eat here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ellada H, Owner at Acropolis Restaurant & Catering, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I would like to invite you back to the Acropolis! I promise you that your experience will be memorable. I am glad you like our food!
Newburgh, Indiana
“greasy greek”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The old "Daryls" building with a faux exterior. Loud, congested, hard to get comfortable. The food we had came late and was cold. They weren't crowded on a Wed nite, new server. Drinks were overpriced and food mediocre.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jasper, Indiana
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Nothing wrong you can say about the place great food great staff you almost loose were your at in this busy world almost like your in another country peaceful great for families friends or meetings nice and clean

• Visited November 2011