“A+, Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Evansville, Indiana
“A+, Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband, myself & our 2 young boys were relocated to Evansville this past June and lived at this Courtyard for 2 months while waiting for our new home to be built. We can not say enough good things about it. The hotel itself is brand new (opened May, 2013), quiet, extremely clean, with large rooms & bathrooms (we stayed in both a suite & a regular guest room and both were very spacious), flatscreen TV's, and comfy beds. There is wonderful Bistro with a range of food & drinks for breakfast and dinner, and a convenience area with snacks, including healthy options. There is also outside dining and shopping within minutes. There is a great outdoor fire pit area in back, a relaxing seating area on the front patio, and a lake with a walking path around it across from the hotel, plus an exercising room, indoor pool, computer area, and an inviting lounge area where you can read or watch TV. However, the best part of the entire hotel, is its staff. From the front desk clerks, to the maintenance staff, to housekeeping, to the Bistro staff, to the Assistant GM and the GM himself, they are all genuinely the warmest, friendliest, kindest, and most accommodating people you will ever come across. They truly treated us like family and made our 2 month transition smooth and enjoyable. Thank you once again, Courtyard Evansville, for making our stay such a pleasant and memorable one.

Room Tip: We stayed in both a guest room and a suite. Both were clean and very spacious.Rooms on the front sid...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Business trip brought me to Evansville, and we stayed in this new Courtyard. So much better than where we used to stay. Everything was brand new and well taken care of. Great lobby with lots of places to relax or meet with our group...even a huge TV to watch Monday Night Football (they even have football decorations in the lobby and threw a party during the game). We sat outside at night and had a couple beers by the firepit. And I got a hazelnut latte in the lobby restaurant in the morning.

My room was spacious and spotlessly clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The housekeeper was friendly when I came back to my room while she was cleaning it. Actually, the entire staff was extremely friendly. I think every one I saw said Hello or asked me how my day was going. May be the nicest staff I have experienced in my travels.

Good location, hotel sits on a cool little lake and I saw a Cracker Barrel and Cheeseburger in Paradise just on the other side of it. It's also close to the interstate and there are several little shopping places close by.

I highly recommend this place to anyone heading to Evansville.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the front of the building, facing the lake.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just one night but we were very impressed with everything about this new and smartly designed property. Would be IDEAL for extended stay. The patio area was a bonus. The downstairs common area was a real plus. Front desk was prompt and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

New hotel. All employees exceptionally friendly and helpful. Room clean and very comfortable. They also had an area near the elevator with microwave, paper plates, salt, pepper, etc. which was very nice. Loved walk-in shower. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicholasville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great attitudes & staff. I spend 200+ nights per year in hotels - I've experienced the spectrum.
This location will go the extra mile when possible. I will always stay at this location when in Evansville.

• Stayed October 2013
Elkin, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed here for 5 weeks in a row.

I like the view of the lake in the front. I hate the view if people's backyards on the backside.

The hotel is new but cookie cutter Courtyard. Staff seems average, but the Bistro is slow. Once I had to walk away front he order because they told me 10 minutes and 20 minutes later they had not even started the sandwich.

They lose 1 star because of the back view and the Bistro being so slow. In Madison, WI, the Bistro actually brought it to my room because they did not want me to wait downstairs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
chicago illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I found myself in Evansville for business. This hotel is new and in a good location. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and a walking/running trail across the street. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean. I was actually quite surprised by the comfort of the bed and pillows as well as the glass shower doors in the bathroom. Everything is fairly standard issue Courtyard - a nice pool, small workout room with primarily cardio equipment (some free weights) and the new breakfast model which is order and wait for it to be served - it's no longer free or a serve yourself. That's the one annoyance- being used to concierge privileges at full service Marriotts. Nonetheless, I was impressed with this place. They may be basking in the glow of a new hotel, but they also seem to do everything right. If I find myself back here again, I would stay here.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Courtyard Evansville East? Share your experiences!