“Best Asian I have eaten, and I am picky.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 365 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Asian
Evansville, Indiana
“Best Asian I have eaten, and I am picky.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I take our daughter out, lunch and dinner size meals. We come at least once a month, either for dinner or lunch. Sounds like a good call in and take home place for we see people coming in when we are eating there. No buffet, that is a BIG plus with us. NO worry about preservatives sprayed on the food to make it last all day. At Ginmiya they make when you order, worth a few extra minutes of prep time. Highly recommend.
A group of no more than 4 is best fit for this restaurant. Noise level is minimum. :) Small restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food with lots of flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Was in town for a night to see a concert on Valentine's Day. After looking at many reviews on here, decided to try this place not knowing it was a small place. Looks like a regular Chinese place but so much different. They had sushi, a hibachi grill, box dinner combos, & house made sauces that were out of this world. The ginger dressing for the salad was so good that I started to dip my fork in it just to finish it off. Great Panko breaded chicken with a katso sauce that was delicious. Spring rolls were so well plated that I wanted to just stare for a bit cause they looked amazing. The box dinner my ,now, fiancée got had hibachi chicken, fried rice, noodles, & that great salad was great. Would definitely go back when I return.

“Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is the best place to eat in Evansville and we go back again and again. The food and the service are both outstanding! My husband's favorite is the Salmon Hibachi, but he is learning to eat and enjoy the sushi also, due to the owner's introducing him to different types of sushi. My favorite is the Pad Thai but I like it all!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
US
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had dinner here this evening and it was fantastic! Egg rolls, pan seared pot stickers, Hawaiian Sushie, and Pad Thai were all exceptional. Presentation was nice and service was friendly and prompt. Will definitely make many return visits to Ginimya!

Visited August 2013
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Worth The Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This little Asian Diner is Friendly, clean and cozy. A refreshing change from the Buffets.
The prices are a bit high and it takes a little time to get your foood, but at least you know it's fresh!

• Visited February 2013