“Al at the Evansville, IN Best Western did a great job” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gateway Inn & Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Gateway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Gateway Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   324 Rusher Creek Rd, Evansville, IN 47725-7802 (Formerly Best WEstern)   |
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Al at the Evansville, IN Best Western did a great job”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Several hours before we arrived, I called the Evansville, IN Best Western to make reservations for the night. A man identifying himself as Al took my information and was very helpful and courteous. I remarked to my husband when I got off of the phone that Al really seemed to love his job. After we arrived at hotel his service continued in the form of a great recommendation for a restaurant for dinner, his writing on my room cover the times for breakfast and a list of staff on hand, and overall wonderful service. In our opinion, Al should be highly commended for the wonderful job he did in making our stay enjoyable. We would advise anyone considering staying at you facility to show up when Al is working because he will treat you right..

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I had a great help from the hotel manager, Tom, when my car ran out of gas,
while I stayed at this hotel.
He gave me a ride to one of the gas stations nearby and helped me fill up the gas in my car.
Also, I'd like to point out that the room was nice and spacious, making my stay much more enjoyable and relaxing.
I strongly recommend this hotel for anyone driving by or visiting Evansville, Indiana.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

An average Best Western. Larger room which is normal at BW. Nice staff.
Breakfast usual and average when compared with other hotel systems.
Several fast food places near-by. Across the road is an Amish buffet which
I feel is a plus for this stop. My second stay here.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011 via mobile

I had a great stay and plan to return in a few weeks.

• Stayed January 2011
bwgimanager, Owner at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business and your feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable during your next visit just call to let us know. Looking forward to your return.

Thank You, Heather Nash, General Manager
MIllstadt, illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

The staff at this Best Western was very accomadating to us and our dogs. A short drive to Holiday World where we took our daughter made this Inn a great alternative to the closer, more expensive hotels that didn't look as nice. It was well worth the drive. The hotel was clean and very reasonable. The only issue we had was the beds were very hard, typical for hotel rooms I guess. Also a very minor issue was the indoor pool room was pretty hot and sweltering until I opened the windows. We will definitely stay there again next year and have told others about it. The experience we had there led us to book another Best Western when we go to a Notre Dame game this fall.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

Our family booked a Holiday world package, the price was unbeatable compared to those hotels that were a bit closer to Holiday World. The rooms were nice and roomy, new flat screen TV's, the breakfast had a very large selection. The desk clerk was very friendly, and our check-in and check-out was very quick and easy. They even had fresh baked cookies in the evenings...Our kids loved it there, we will be back next year for sure. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stayed here for a quick trip to Holiday World with the kids. The hotel package with 4 tickets & a nights stay was great for saving money. Room was clean & pretty big. Beds were comfortable enough but was so tired I could have slept on the floor. Free breakfast was okay with decent variety, although; a waffle maker would be a great & easy enhancement.

Other amenities: Pool we did not use but I checked it out & was clean. Fitness facility was clean but a sad little room for working out. Hotel also had a basketball goal which was cool if we had stayed more than a night.

Convenient to the regular fast foods & a Dennys next door for late night eating.

Nothing fancy but overall I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!