“More Updates!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Evansville

You added Motel 6 Evansville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Evansville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4321 Hwy 41 N, I-64 at Exit 25/US Rt 41, Evansville, IN 47711   |
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“More Updates!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Wow! Newly sealed and striped parking lot looks good. New phone upgrades in the rooms is a nice addition. Seems that each time I stay here (usually 2 days a month on business) there are more improvements being made!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

this motel is great!! I stay at this location a lot and I keep coming back for a good reason. the staff is exceptionally friendly. my room is always clean neat and well organized. the management does a great job keeping fiff raff out of the building. the property is well maintained and if I ever need anything the staff is always quick to respond. I honestly cant come up with one bad thing to say about this motel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place needs to be shut down. My husband and I were on a cross country road trip for a month and still did not run into anything that came close to how foul this place was/is.
The first room we had appeared clean except for the strong odor of urine. Husband took a shower and the curtain rod was hanging dangerously from the walls. The curtain couldn't stay up properly so water got all over the bathroom. The towels were badly stained. Husband told the lady at the front desk and she offered to give us more towels so we could put them on the floor when we showered. He didn't like that idea and wanted a new room...big mistake! Our new room was even more foul. It reeked of cigarettes and urine, even though it was a non-smoking room. We called to let her know about the smell so we wouldn't get charged the cleaning fee. The bathroom was dirty, literally--there was dirt on the floor, the toilet hadn't been cleaned and the shower was dirty. More stained towels. When we asked about the stained towels, she said they were just stains and that the towels were clean. I was just wondering why every other hotel could get the stains out but this one couldn't.
We were bummed but there wasn't anything we could do since the place didn't do refunds. The bed was so gross. It smelled like someone had been lying in it all day chain smoking. There were creepy stains on everything, even the walls. I was so disgusted that I brought in our sleeping bag and our own pillows and pulled the motel's things off the bed. When my husband went to sit on the bed, his side hit the floor and the other side of the bed went up in the air. What the??? How could housekeeping even get the bedsheets on without noticing just how broken the bed was?
At this point we called to tell the lady we wanted to leave. She offered us one more room, but when she opened the door to the new room my husband could hardly stand the smell of booze. The woman even agreed that it smelled too strongly of booze. There was another guest that had just called the police because someone had stolen something from them. We asked for a refund and she told us it wasn't possible, even though we paid cash. My husband wanted to talk to someone above her but she said there wasn't a general manager or anybody that we could talk to. She told us there was a number we could call and I found that number after looking at some Google reviews of the motel. The number was the same number that appeared on multiple replies to negative Google reviews, recent ones at that, but the number was wrong. It took us to some medical business that had changed it's number. Even calling the new number had nothing to do with Motel 6. I double checked the number, even triple checked, and still every time we called it was a disconnected number that wasn't related to Motel 6. Okaaaaay...
The woman gave us a cash refund. They'll probably tell you they can't do it, they'll say it a hundred times, but somehow it was possible for us, and may be possible for you. Don't let this place steal your money...there are other places nearby this hotel that are far better. My sister stayed at the Best Western for $10 more and that place was luxury compared to this.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Oh let me see where to start. The good. The office staff was extremely friendly and helpful I have absolutely zero complaints there.
The main word I have for the room is NASTY! First off the odor was so bad I felt as though I had just smoked. Nicotine stains on the walls looked like someone had almost started wiping them down. Floor looked like someone thought about sweeping it and had not been moped in a very long time. The bed: two small lumpy pillows ,the spread has burn holes, sheets had stains and I could see filth on them. The mattress pad looked like someone had pee'd on it. The young lady at the front desk was nice enough to give me "clean"sheets,pillow cases,mattress pad and spread. While I had all the dirty stuff off I saw the date of manufacture for the mattress was 15 years ago?¿? Hardwood floors?!? Ha Hah Hah try linoleum with a sad wood pattern. The sink and counter could have been nice if they were clean. Toilet and shower were ok but dirty.
TV was almost ok but using 480i cheep cable causes lousy picture. Tons of channels but no channel guide in the room. Even after getting fresh towels they were still stained worn and falling apart to the point I was almost afraid to use them. I will only quickly mentioned the bloody boogers on the walls. The furniture is falling apart I hope you got a good discount at IKEA. Oily greasy fingerprints all over every light switch light fixture the towel holder and the door. And the owner can say what he wants but I do have pictures to prove it.

• Stayed April 2014
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This property has a range of Poor to average. Staff at desk was more than friendly, very pleasant actually. The room over all was just ok, there were some notable issues, we could tell the door had been kick in at some time. The bedding was worn, the were some dents and dings but we needed to save money on this trip and they were very reasonable and then gave us a discount we hadn't thought to ask about when the clerk saw my AARP card. PETS STAY FEE few restrictions. We did not see any of the recently remodeled rooms they advertised, but we signed in late, and asked for a 1st floor room. For a one night stay its not bad deal.

Room Tip: No elevator. has small fridge. only a few rooms have been recently renovated so ask for one.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
North Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

TL:DR; For $60, not quite worth it, but its the cheapest place in town.

We were on our way back from our recent Ohio trip when we decided to visit the local art store in Evansville. So as it is about 1/2 way to our home, we booked a room in Evansville as well. As most of the places in this area are over $75 a night, we felt the Motel6 was a bargain.

Pros: Wifi is fast, once you get past the past the login screen. Roku users, make sure you have a router with you if you want your Roku to work.

Cons: Beds are ok, but not the best. The bedspreads were stained all over.
The faux wood floors make for chilly feet when you wake up and its 20 degrees outside.

The location is hard to find at night, the turn in is at an old Dennys (now called something else, but the building is unmistakable.) and if you miss the entrance, the next U turn is a mile away.

Also, smokers, Indiana has a law against smoking in hotel rooms, so you have to go 8 feet away from your door to light up. They are hardasses about this, so there ya go.

Unless I have a pressing need to stay the night in Evansville, I doubt I still stay here again.

Room Tip: bottom floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently stayed on a business trip. I was impressed with the service I received. I had asked for an early check in and even though I arrived an hour earlier than planned the manager had a room ready for me and even made sure I was on a bottom floor. He was very nice and welcoming. The room wasn't immaculate but was clean. Nice clean white shower and sink area. The floors are now a laminate wood. Clean but cold when getting up in the middle of the night barefoot. My only quam was that though bed sheets etc were nice and clean, the bedspread did appear to have stains. Whether fresh or just that stains I don't know but I always travel with my own soft comfy blanket so I just threw the comforter to the side and used my own blanket. Overall it was a good stay. The price was right for my budget and bed was comfortable. If traveling to this area again I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Evansville? Share your experiences!