“An average rating is generous at best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Evansville

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Evansville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Evansville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4321 Hwy 41 N, I-64 at Exit 25/US Rt 41, Evansville, IN 47711   |
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Tennessee
“An average rating is generous at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This property has a range of Poor to average. Staff at desk was more than friendly, very pleasant actually. The room over all was just ok, there were some notable issues, we could tell the door had been kick in at some time. The bedding was worn, the were some dents and dings but we needed to save money on this trip and they were very reasonable and then gave us a discount we hadn't thought to ask about when the clerk saw my AARP card. PETS STAY FEE few restrictions. We did not see any of the recently remodeled rooms they advertised, but we signed in late, and asked for a 1st floor room. For a one night stay its not bad deal.

Room Tip: No elevator. has small fridge. only a few rooms have been recently renovated so ask for one.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

TL:DR; For $60, not quite worth it, but its the cheapest place in town.

We were on our way back from our recent Ohio trip when we decided to visit the local art store in Evansville. So as it is about 1/2 way to our home, we booked a room in Evansville as well. As most of the places in this area are over $75 a night, we felt the Motel6 was a bargain.

Pros: Wifi is fast, once you get past the past the login screen. Roku users, make sure you have a router with you if you want your Roku to work.

Cons: Beds are ok, but not the best. The bedspreads were stained all over.
The faux wood floors make for chilly feet when you wake up and its 20 degrees outside.

The location is hard to find at night, the turn in is at an old Dennys (now called something else, but the building is unmistakable.) and if you miss the entrance, the next U turn is a mile away.

Also, smokers, Indiana has a law against smoking in hotel rooms, so you have to go 8 feet away from your door to light up. They are hardasses about this, so there ya go.

Unless I have a pressing need to stay the night in Evansville, I doubt I still stay here again.

Room Tip: bottom floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently stayed on a business trip. I was impressed with the service I received. I had asked for an early check in and even though I arrived an hour earlier than planned the manager had a room ready for me and even made sure I was on a bottom floor. He was very nice and welcoming. The room wasn't immaculate but was clean. Nice clean white shower and sink area. The floors are now a laminate wood. Clean but cold when getting up in the middle of the night barefoot. My only quam was that though bed sheets etc were nice and clean, the bedspread did appear to have stains. Whether fresh or just that stains I don't know but I always travel with my own soft comfy blanket so I just threw the comforter to the side and used my own blanket. Overall it was a good stay. The price was right for my budget and bed was comfortable. If traveling to this area again I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in early August 2013. This motel was beyond horrible! After traveling for 18 hours all I wanted was a hot shower and a comfy bed. The smell of the lobby at check in & check out was terrible. Upon entering my room I was greeted by water bugs. After eliminating the bugs I noticed that there was no weather stripping on my door which was allowing unrestricted access to my room. I was able to prevent further access by jamming a bath towel in the door opening. After unpacking, I sat down on the bed and noticed what appeared to be various stains on the top bed covering. I removed the bed cover and went to sleep. The following morning I went into the bathroom to get a shower and upon exiting, found a death note hand scrawled above the door frame.

Sadly, my friends who stayed on the floor above me encountered similar problems with the bugs and bed cover.

I was very disappointed in the Evansville Motel 6 but I think that my biggest disappointment came when I was checking out and informed the desk clerk of the issues I encountered. After showing her photos I took of the bugs, bed cover and death note she told me the maintenance dept would look into the issues I told her about without any remorse or "I'm sorry."

If this is how Motel 6 runs its operation, I will never stay in one of their properties again. Truly my worst lodging stay ever.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Evansville, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear SuperRay - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the service, odor, door maintenance, pests and bedding conditions you found in your room. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

While staying 2 nights at the Motel 6 on US 41 in Evansville recently, I heard some good news. The adjacent restaurant property, which has been vacant for a while, is soon to reopen. That will be very convenient for future business stays at this motel.
-----Ray, Indianapolis

Room Tip: I personally like the back side of the motel, which eliminates any traffic noise from US 41.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cameron, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had to leave. My impression of the room with a huge stain in the middle of the spread and the smell was enough. The young lady at the front desk was very nice.....but the hotel...wow. The location is a bit of the beaten path for highway travelers. For airport....ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Obvious updates. Quiet, clean rooms with everything you need. Ginny at the front desk was cordial and efficient. Will definately stay here again. This property meets all of the needs for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Evansville? Share your experiences!