“Do Not Stay Here!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Evansville

You added Motel 6 Evansville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Evansville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4321 Hwy 41 N, I-64 at Exit 25/US Rt 41, Evansville, IN 47711   |
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Evansville
“Do Not Stay Here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in early August 2013. This motel was beyond horrible! After traveling for 18 hours all I wanted was a hot shower and a comfy bed. The smell of the lobby at check in & check out was terrible. Upon entering my room I was greeted by water bugs. After eliminating the bugs I noticed that there was no weather stripping on my door which was allowing unrestricted access to my room. I was able to prevent further access by jamming a bath towel in the door opening. After unpacking, I sat down on the bed and noticed what appeared to be various stains on the top bed covering. I removed the bed cover and went to sleep. The following morning I went into the bathroom to get a shower and upon exiting, found a death note hand scrawled above the door frame.

Sadly, my friends who stayed on the floor above me encountered similar problems with the bugs and bed cover.

I was very disappointed in the Evansville Motel 6 but I think that my biggest disappointment came when I was checking out and informed the desk clerk of the issues I encountered. After showing her photos I took of the bugs, bed cover and death note she told me the maintenance dept would look into the issues I told her about without any remorse or "I'm sorry."

If this is how Motel 6 runs its operation, I will never stay in one of their properties again. Truly my worst lodging stay ever.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Evansville, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear SuperRay - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the service, odor, door maintenance, pests and bedding conditions you found in your room. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

While staying 2 nights at the Motel 6 on US 41 in Evansville recently, I heard some good news. The adjacent restaurant property, which has been vacant for a while, is soon to reopen. That will be very convenient for future business stays at this motel.
-----Ray, Indianapolis

Room Tip: I personally like the back side of the motel, which eliminates any traffic noise from US 41.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cameron, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had to leave. My impression of the room with a huge stain in the middle of the spread and the smell was enough. The young lady at the front desk was very nice.....but the hotel...wow. The location is a bit of the beaten path for highway travelers. For airport....ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Obvious updates. Quiet, clean rooms with everything you need. Ginny at the front desk was cordial and efficient. Will definately stay here again. This property meets all of the needs for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Excellent place for those wanting to party, a quickie or blue collar laborer with little to spend. For middle class ma and pa's, those with grade school kids, not what you'd expect. A Motel 6 doesn't have to be lacking for good service, proper functioning equipment, or cleanliness. I've stayed in one in Ventura California in 2008. That Motel 6 rated on par with any 3 star. Everything clean, functioning, good security, friendly staff. With the Evansville Motel 6, no ice at 7PM on a Monday evening. Neither ice machine had any. I had the night manager come out and she verified that they had not a cube, "Come back in 15 minutes, maybe then?" Nope. None then either. So we forgot about cold drinks before lights out. In the morning neither I nor my wife could get the shower faucet to engage. This was unbelievable since the two basics of a overnight stay usually includes a bed and working shower. At the front office the manager was gone (his assistant manager said). I inquired that with no working shower some type of partial refund might be in order? She said he'd be back shortly. We did the sponge / washcloth routine out of the sink. Later, in preparing to leave I returned to the office. The head manager was there and followed me to the room. He turned the faucet all the way to the left, jiggled it, pushed it in and out a few times, jiggled again and it came on. "There!...it works, no need for a refund!" and poof!, right straight out the door as if we had attempted to defraud a innkeeper. As stated previously, this is a excellent choice for those wanting to be left alone and party, a quick rendezvous or the hard working laborer who desires a place to plunk down his gear and kick back. When one needs only the bare basics and can be patient, this certainly fits the bill. However those a bit more polished, or introverted, best head somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Attendant was very polite and helped me connect to the wifi. Room was pretty nice for the price. Clean linens. Can't complain much for 45 bucks. Be nice to have fluffier pillows and a warmer blanket would be my only gripe lol

• Stayed January 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

After traveling quite frequently, I have seen many hotels in rapid decline. I can attest to the wonderful property renovation which took place. The rooms are updated, and very clean. The furnature, paint, and bathrooms were very unique. You will not find many motels with such great ammenties. I also want to thank the owner and his staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Evansville? Share your experiences!