“Exceeded Expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“Exceeded Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

After spending many days at the Indianapolis Children's Museum, I didn't think CMOE had much chance of comparing. To be sure, Cmoe is much smaller and in earlier stages of developing, but it is a legit Children's Museum and several steps beyond the science-lab-in-a-room children's museums you often see in smaller cities.

The building itself is gorgeous and interesting, and Cmoe has done a great job matching up space with exhibits that are interesting and interactive. My children enjoy going there a couple times a month. It's a nice place to spend a few hours.

People have said that the membership/fees are a little high. I feel that the walk-in pricing is very fair and that the membership of $100 is well worth it to have a place to play on a rainy or cold afternoon, or just to check out new exhibits or take advantage of some of the many special events scheduled throughout the year. The programming is well done and they also offer great camps in the summer and throughout the year at breaks.

Whether you're passing through and looking for a place to let kids run off some energy or you're local and want a fun place to come with kids, you should give this a go.

Visited March 2014

Newburgh Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“Really fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The kids with us - 5 and 3 - were easily entertained and educated by all the wonderful hands on displays. Wide open areas so several kids can be doing the same thing together.
Parking in downtown is not always easy but there is a parking garage if you wish to spend the extra dollars.

Visited June 2013
Indiana
14 attraction reviews
“CMOE needs to step it up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This museum is good for kids up to age 10, I would say. We visited yesterday and a couple of their exhibits were not working.
I had been there years before, so I know that in the water room there used to be a fine mist coming up from the round swirling balls in the middle. Also, there is a huge hot air balloon that is supposed to rise as the kids feed the balls into the attraction. That was broken as well. It's too bad, because that was the whole idea of the exhibit to make the balloon rise to the top of the room.
I did find the lady at the front desk to be kind and helpful. They just need to do some repair work.

Visited July 2013
Illinois City, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
“Good outing for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a great little place for the afternoon. It's geared mostly for kids age 5-12. I found most of it too old for my 3 year old. Although he did have a blast playing in the water with all the balls. So be sure to being dry clothes if your child is like mine, thy will be soaked. It's kinda pricey for what they have. It's really small, can see everything in 2 hours time.

Visited March 2013
Evansville, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
“Okay for Evansville”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I just visited the Children's Museum again with my son's class for a field trip. Since they have been open, I don't feel like they have added much of anything. While we were there, they had the Magic Tree House exhibit. (for a limited time) This was great! They had dress up/interactive stages for kids to imagine life on a prarie. This was the best part of our day. Our 2nd graders loved it. Outside of this age group, I'm not sure if older/younger kids would enjoy it. I will bring my kids here about once a year. It is not comparable with big town museums, but I feel that its something to do for people with kids in this area. I just would like to see some new things added to the rest of the museum. I feel like it's a little pricey for what you get.

Visited March 2013