“My favorite place to eat in Evansville!” 5 of 5 stars

(812) 401-1020
Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 368 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Asian
“My favorite place to eat in Evansville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The service here is excellent. It's probably the cheapest Japanese place to eat in Evansville. You get great food at a better price, but they don't put on a show like the rest, but I'd much rather skip the show and save some money.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Merritt Island, Florida
“Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I thought the sushi was tasty and made with very fresh ingredients. I had the scallops and shrimp. This was good also. I was just a little disappointed in the size of the scallops compared with what I have had at other japanese restaurants. My wife had the chicken and beef. I thought this was very good. Especially the chicken. I thought the chicken was very tasty. I like the sauce that the chef uses on the chicken, shrimp and scallops. This is a very good meal for the price. The 4 of us had dinner, 3 sushi selections and I had a Corona and a small sake and we got of out there spending less than $80.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Evansville, Indiana
“Decent---each visit less impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

My husband & I have been to Tokyo Japan at least three times. Each time there has only been one or maybe two other tables. I'm beginning to wonder why. I'll give it one more try. There are two things I'm not happy about. I have ordered the chicken, rice, & broccoli each visit. The quality of the chicken is questionable--is it all dark meat? It's hard to tell--I just know there are pieces that I would not serve at home (fat, etc). Last night when we went, we were waiting for our food to be prepared and we heard an employee sneeze loudly from the back. I almost didn't want to eat my food when it came out. It didn't sound like they even tried to suppress or cover their sneeze---it was disgusting.
I really want to like this place and be able to recommend it. I hope our next visit is much better!

• Visited February 2012