I so enjoy giving Hampton Inn and Holiday Inns 5 stars because that means they did something exceptional, and in this case it is all about the service.
1. The staff was great. The folks making breakfast were personable and made us feel welcome. The front desk were helpful. I had an incident and needed maintenance and they were there immediately to rectify the situation. Whoever is the training manager at this Hampton Inn did a great job.
2. I liked this pool quite a bit. It was just the right size to do laps or play around in with my son. It was also very clean.
3. The hotel is conveniently located right next to the airport and within 5-10 minutes of the major shopping and entertainment hubs of Evansville.
4. The price was just right.
5. The rooms were updated and a great size and most importantly, felt very clean.
1. The only con, which is not enough to lower the star count because of the service, is that the shape of the hotel is awkward and you could have a very long walk to the lobby area if you are in the back, which is really the side. It was just an odd layout.
Overall, I of course recommend this hotel.