“If I had a dog I wouldn't even allow my dog to stay there.” 1 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge  Inn & Suites Evansville
Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1930 Cross Pointe Boulevard, Evansville, IN 47715 (Formerly Microtel Inn And Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
“If I had a dog I wouldn't even allow my dog to stay there.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Box tv's on a wardrobe closet that sit at an angle where u think they are just going to slide off and hit your feet...1970 mattress and smelled like that era....not big enough for two skinny people and no refund's makes you feel like are in a pay by the hour rooms

• Stayed April 2014
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am sorry we have failed to exceed your expectations. Your response is very important to us, and will be used to make proper adjustments so we can provide our future Guests with the best experience.

I would like to assure you that we have updated our televisions in each guest room to a flat-panel since your review was posted. Although they assume the same position in the room, I am positive that each panel is properly affixed to the platform. I have suggested that these TVs be mounted on the wall in the future.

Also, I agree that are beds can be less than accommodating to some of our Guests. Since this is a review we see so often, it is in our budget to replace our mattresses very soon.

Again, on behalf of our entire team, I would like to give you our sincerest apology. I hope you will consider staying with us again to see for yourself the changes we have made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had been away from home for 4 days and wanted to visit a friend in Evansville. Since Econo Lodge is part of Choice Hotels and we had been very satisfied with Comfort Inns we had stayed in, we stopped at the Econo Lodge to get a room for the night. When we went into the room assigned to us, the bed was unchanged and wet towels and washcloths were on the floor in the bathroom. We contacted the front desk and were switched to another room which was handicapped accessible and part of a suite. The only good thing I can say about the room is that the bed seemed to be clean. It also tended to dump occupants into the center. Upholstered furniture (desk chair and club chair) was spotted and nasty. The bathroom did not have a place for commodities which required use of the sink - toothbrush, space for a denture bath, special cleansers, etc. The lights in the bathroom only stayed on for a limited amount of time. When they switched off, occupants of the bathroom were completely in the dark. All of the supplies in the bathroom were at the opposite end from the shower. I pity the handicapped person who got caught in the shower without everything necessary sitting on the floor just outside the curtain when the lights went off. Luckily, I had my husband to come in and turn the lights back on and bring me a towel. Our night was constantly interrupted by other guests yelling and screaming from room to room and in the hall, slamming doors and pounding on walls and doors. The staff suggested that they quiet down once, but the suggestion was not taken seriously. When we left at 6:30 the next morning, the hall was the quietest it had been all night. This experience has impacted not only our impression of Econo Lodge, but also the entire chain of "Choice Hotels".

Room Tip: Clean quiet rooms are available at the Comfort Inn off of the Lloyd Expressway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hina P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Norma:

I deeply apologize to you for the unpleasant experience you had at the Econolodge. I assure you that all of our staff have been made aware of the difficulties you encountered during your stay, and we will do everything in our power to rectify these problems.

I only hope that you do not hold this against us or any other Choice Hotels. Sometimes things happen that is out of our control. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and prove to you how important your patronage is to us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

A first look dosent appear too bad Lobby clean, elevator clean. Breakfast pretty bad very stale not really worth eating This property in my opinion has all the signs of falling into disrepair Im assuming foreign nationals are now in charge of this place and no longer a corporate entity. They say smoke free but there are employees gathered at the front entrance smoking and the entire place smells of incense, so
strong it actually bothered my throat. The rooms are still in pretty good shape but housekeeping is poor Lots of dirt around edges, hair everywhere, lots of dirt and junk behind furniture The linen was ok but the blanket was full of holes and stains. The desk chair was too stained and dirty for me to sit on and there were burn holes in the carpet. Bathroom floor sticky, towels not in too bad of shape YET and they were ok soft No extras as u would expect from this type of hotel but regardless I EXPECT
fresh air and clean. The mattress was horrible and I woke to find a big wad of someones hair on my pillow. It wont be long and you wont want to stay here at all because Im sure it is only going to get worse Its an Econo Lodge no frills BUT I expect that, what I dont expect is a place failing to provide a clean, smoke-free environment and this property is not doing a good job of that I suggest if you are going to stay here you look at the room before you rent

• Stayed February 2014
Hina P, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. I apologize that you did not have a comfortable stay. However, our staff is working really hard to try and provide all of our guests with exceptional service. The hotel just change ownership and we are trying our very best to line up good staff member, along with optimal quality of food and service.

We are going to make great change to the property in the near future, I hope you will give us a chance to serve you again and see the improvements your self.

I would like to apologize once again.

Millersburg, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I didn't expect a whole lot so I wasn't disappointed however this place needs an update in the rooms. The lobby seems newer however the rooms are very dated and in need of new beds, linens, and electronics. The TV was old, the bedspreads are very dated and the mattresses were ok but they could really use new ones. When we showered, I noticed the shampoo bottle was 1/4 empty which to me says it was used before and not replaced. Everything is just very basic. It was ok for what we needed which was a place to sleep and shower.

The breakfast was not bad. They had biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, a toaster for bagels and english muffins, cereal and milk and apple juice and orange juice and a coffee bar. There was also fruit. I had a banana which was good but the oranges appeared dried out.

All in all, for the price, it was ok. It was clean, smelled fine, and wasn't horrible. I probably won't stay there again. I have stayed in better hotels for the same price. It is, however, in a great location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hina P, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Heidi D.

I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. Not to make any excuses, but the ownership of the hotel just changed in November 2013. I fully understand and realize all the complains you have about the hotel rooms. If you visit us again in the near future, you will see that we will be making major changes to the rooms within the next few months. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with more comfortable experience at our hotel.

I would like to thank you for participating in surveying our hotel.
Murray, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We booked this room for one night for a soccer tournament. We figured we would get what we paid for and we did. When first walking in I didnt know if I was entering an interrogation room or a backroom of a strip club. There were tinted mirrors down the whole headboard wall behind the beds. Kind of creepy. Next my son found a lighter, cigarette butt and tons of ashes by the window. When we pulled the blankets back there was a silver dollar size burn hole in the blanket. The beds were super stiff. The breakfast was also not pleasing. They ran out of biscuits (had plenty of gravy), ran out of bagels, the apple juice was pure water and the orange juice tasted like 50/50. We will not be back to this location.

Room Tip: Avoid 324, definately been smoked in.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

So for those of you who stay at microtel's this facility should look pretty familiar .
It's clean, lots of mirrors on the walls and compared to the other econo lodge near the airport this location is quite nice. I stayed on points from choice hotels so I can't speak to the dollar value but at least no woman came pounding on my door at 12:30 AM.

I'd certainly stay here again , it's close to the mall, a white castle and a lowes what more could you want in a motel?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here based on good reviews and the affordable price. At first I was a bit dismayed with the size of the room. The room with one queen bed has about 3 feet clearance on either side of the bed and a bit more than that at the end for the desk. However, it was clean and cheap and had a free breakfast. After a 3 night stay I checked out, but decided to stay another night a few hours later. The clerk welcomed me back and even upgraded my room to a suite at no extra cost. All in all, while not having some amenities, my stay was fine and I'll be back. Oh, and the suite has an in-room coffee pot which wasn't available in the single room. A definite plus.

Room Tip: If you are claustrophobic, get at least a 2 bed room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville? Share your experiences!